Tears of Scarlet, Tears of Gold
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-17 16:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ending delayed, have to work on the school's creative magazine.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-17 16:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid magazine
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-17 16:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Particularly because it was written to read the written submissions in advanced.

And they aren't on the server.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-17 16:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, Sect? When you get back to this, you really should have some small mention of an Adamantoise or something eating some watermelon...lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-10-17 16:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
You know what, Sect? When you get back to this, you really should have some small mention of an Adamantoise or something eating some watermelon...lol

^ this lmao make it happen. XP
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-17 16:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey sect, have you read the Day by Day Armageddon series?
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-17 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, okay fine I will, no I have not. Any good?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-17 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they are really good, It's got a similar feel to your works, as in journalistic through a zombie outbreak. Worth reading if you get a chance ^^
By Raignes 2010-10-17 16:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ***. :D Keep em coming, Sect! Keep up the good work, and quite the interesting turn of events, with Crim and such. He always creeped me out anyways, though I've got a feeling that won't be the last we see of Crim's soul and Sect/Maje dealing with him.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-20 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Still on the magazine thing?
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-20 14:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished my last midterm. Magazine tomorrow.

Probably gonna tkae a ap and write a bit.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-10-20 14:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

finish it. we be waitin on it like rabid twilight fans dammit
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-20 14:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that my writing is better than that, at least.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-10-20 14:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well i dont see any beastiality or necrophilia... yet..
By Shiroineko 2010-10-20 15:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

;o rawr :) go magazine go /o/ had a similar problem to that with a class of mine as well...

it wanted us to.. review other classmate's submitted papers... BEFORE it would let us SUBMIT THE PAPERS....

....stupid technology ⌐ ⌐ anywho!

waiting (im)patiently for the next segment x3 yaaaay go sect go!
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-20 19:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:

Well if you use your imagination, he may have possibly gone "flayer" when he was sleeping with the Empress in bed...

Just sayin, lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-20 19:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Asura.Domz said:

Well if you use your imagination, he may have possibly gone "flayer" when he was sleeping with the Empress in bed...

Just sayin, lol

Or he could have been a "Scaley" or w/e while raping Lion.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-21 16:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Get ready.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-10-21 17:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

*readies his 'drooling because this story is so good' face*
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-21 19:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 164:

It seems as though when a diary runs dry, my life always changes anew.

When the first book ran out of pages, I began the trip that almost killed me.

The trip, also, that saved me and an Empire.

When the second book ran dry, I had mastered my fears and I had become a hero, and then I had gone home to lead an army to a war that never happened.

As I finished the third book, I had fallen to my foe, and to myself, and to all the demons inside me--both literally and figuratively. I had taken a chocobo and fled, and I alone had burned Jeuno to the ground. I had taken my home... and I destroyed it.

As this fourth book runs out of pages, I cannot help but look back to all the bad I have done.

I have killed so many people. Beast Men, animals, and those of the five races. I have killed so many people, so many souls, and I cannot regret each one at this point. There is simply too much that has changed. I have no room for regret.

I have taken a demon, and made him my own.

I share my body with a demon, now emphatically and now as a close confidante. A close friend. A sage in my own soul. And that same demon, he has come to see me much the same way. It is almost as I had befriended The Runt.

I, just a boy, am so naive that I befriended beastmen and demons. And apparently, it was the wisest thing to do.

And yet I have destroyed the bonds that hold my friends together. I can see that while I travel across through the plane that only demons and spirits may see in.

How blessed I am to have claimed a demon into my very soul, this time under my subjugation! To be able to see as they see--literally, figuratively--has been such an amazing thing. The potential I behold...

It is a gift that I wish I could share, in some ways, but a gift that I know should not.

Maje says that the only reason I can probably even stand the journey between the two realms is because I have been so tainted. Tainted. Because we both know that no matter my disposition, the truth is that my soul has been beaten and raped in so many ways.

I have seen the darkness and horrors of this world, in so many ways. I have lived them.

I feel as though that this was all necessary. That this was meant to be.

I'm tired, and so is Maje. We know, though, that this is the last neck of our journey.

We've discussed a return plan for me, but we never could finish the conversation. I think in our hearts we both know that where we're going, there is no return.

I have become a husk. A husk in the same sense that I had left Lion in that nightmare. A husk. Like a husk from some discarded millioncorn. Like a discarded, bloody, bleeding, naked woman.

That image will haunt me as long as I am left alive, because sometimes I close my eyes and I see someone that is not Lion there.

Someone that I love.

I have, from time to time, checked up on all the others, but only once had I looked at her.

They are finally planning a war effort. Half the Immortals have sailed South, realizing that the situation had become much more manageable. Knowing that resources in the desert are too scarce to support a thousand, and hungry for blood; they had been warmed up for war.

The others... they had taken my "body" to Jeuno. They had summoned for Nashmeira.

Would you believe that I felt it? That a few days ago, I had felt it all before she even read a letter. I had felt her joy when she had been told that there was an important visitor from The West to see her. And then the pain. I had felt the pain so strongly that I'm still not sure if she had whisked my spirit to her for comfort.

A letter delivered, of all people, by a man named Wolfgang. A man who had disdained me in every way.

I suppose he had tried to fulfill our promise.

"If I ever fall to what I face, I want you to kill me and bring my body back to Al Zabi."

My body had begun to shake and cry as I saw Wolfgang walk through the doors, sullen, in ceremonial armor with a box, to speak to Nashmeira.

~~~

"What word from The West?" she had asked him. She hadn't realized yet as he had walked through the doors.

He was silent for a moment. Wolfgang was a man that was too proud to lose composure, and it seemed as though it was finally time.

"The Western campaign has made considerable leaps and bounds thanks to the supplied forces of The Empire."

She was behind the curtains that she had to stay behind.

"It is good to hear that we could aid your lands as ours had been aided."

He nodded.

He sighed and seemed to want to walk around in circles, to dodge the point forever, but he would not. "It is with great regret, however, that I must request something from you, Empress..."

"What does The West require?" she asked. I could feel the curiosity in her voice.

He bit his lip. "The West requires nothing... however... I have an... invitation for you; from Cid, the leader of our peoples."

He held up a mahogany box.

An attendant had taken it to her, and she opened it.

I felt it then. I felt everything. I felt the color fade from her. I felt the scream before it happened.

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, Empress. Sectumsempra has fallen. We think it is only right that we not bury what we found of him before you may say goodbye."

I heard the scream. I felt, in that instant, what happens when a heart breaks. I heard her start screaming. I heard everything. I heard her shriek through down to my soul. I felt the soldiers that had grabbed Wolfgang and dragged him out of the room, and I had felt the chambermaids that had rushed in to comfort her.

I tried to speak. I tried to scream out "I'm here! I'm safe! I'm alive!" But I could not. I knew that no matter what happened, I would be dead; why should she see be comforted, only to find me dead in a another moon's time?

I stood there and cried, in a world that I could not cross through. I felt a claw on my shoulder.

I turned. It was Maje.

"It's better this way..."

He ushered me to turn around, and we went back to our physical world.

"Never have I seen so much pain..." I heard him say, and he brought me back.

Six days after that I had been pulled back into that realm in Jeuno to watch my own funeral. It was a beautiful affair. Truly beautiful. She was dressed all in black. Everyone was crying. Everyone had something to say during the eulogy. Everyone was saying such good about me. And it was there, that Nashmeira had confirmed to the world something that had finally given me a reason to try and survive.

She had said that she had been carrying my child.

I had watched as everyone had cried. It was there that I had almost seemed to become corporeal in front of them as I watched them cry.

It was then that I had seen something so powerful that blew my mind.

I began to see bits of their souls as they cried. The tears themselves had colors now.

Those not part of my team, they had cried tears of black; tears of black, Maje explained, for the hope that they had now lost.

My team? Scarlet tears, for the blood that had been spilled. The blood that we spilled together. The blood we bled for each other. The bonds of blood we shared. The bonds of life and death.

And Nashmeira... she cried tears of gold, for her heart, above all else, had been pure.

It was then that I too had cried with them, for I knew that all hope for my life was lost. I knew that I had hurt people in ways that would never be repaired.

And so we cried. We cried. We cried.

We cried so many tears.

Tears of scarlet, tears of gold.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-10-21 19:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Sect that was epic. I almost cried myself...

Edit: Btw thank you for the story and good luck with your real life endeavors. ^^
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-21 19:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hdljkaghdajkdshldjglaghsdv sdakljsdhsdklhsdjklbvsdaljsdalhfsdak

/dies

best thing i've read period. PERIOD I SAY!!

<3 maje, speaking of, how is his name pronounced anyways? im really curious
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-21 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering how you were gonna work the title in. Well done!

Now get to work on chapter 5, slacker! lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-21 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"MAH HAY!"

Like, 'STOP JUMPIN' ON MAH HAY!'
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-21 20:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oh good, ive been pronouncing it right
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-10-21 20:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Beautiful Sect this is quite the tear jerker I must say it was hard to restrain my own emotions, that's just how well written it is.

Can't wait to see the next chapter ^.^
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-10-21 20:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I've been saying "Mage"

Oh well ^^;
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-21 20:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this part was short, but I feel like I managed to show the cycle we people go through when we know there's no way to win.

I hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for the conclusion to this little Saga, Kaleidoscopic Memories.

Let's see how far a beaten wolf can run.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-10-21 20:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you got this as a PDF uploaded anywhere...?
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-21 20:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Have you got this as a PDF uploaded anywhere...?

Updating the pdf as we speak