Walk Of Echo's (coin Farming)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Walk Of Echo's (coin farming)
Walk Of Echo's (coin farming)
First Page 2
 Asura.Bombs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-15 01:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

theres about 3 of us now looking for about 6-8 man group that want to farm coins ONLY not going for the win. just send me a /tell in game and let me know if u wanna run with us!
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-15 02:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

um what coins are you talking bout? (never bothered with a echoes run before so kinda curious)
[+]
 Asura.Bombs
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-15 14:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ima try to start doing runs tonight around 9 EST.
[+]
 Asura.Marlboroman
By Asura.Marlboroman 2010-09-18 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this guy likes to leach ppls runs. But kinda fails at staying alive
[+]
 Asura.Bombs
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-18 12:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Marlboroman said:
Yeah this guy likes to leach ppls runs. But kinda fails at staying alive
sorry kid dont need to leech off ur LS i didn't leech anything and i didn't asked for help i was in the zone first before any of ur LS came in so u can suck me. i didn't take 1 thing that dropped and didn't want ***from u guys i had been soloing all day for coins they ur LS showed up and just took over the zone so you can *** OFF ***.
[+]
By Serj 2010-09-18 12:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rawwwwwwwwwwr
[+]
 Asura.Bombs
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-18 12:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

for real i had done like 8 run before and im waiting at rune for mobs to reset and the Leader what like what do u think ur doing like they own the WOE area and i was im going in to solo some mobs, and the leader was like no ur not. (just a another LS that think they own the world) i was like w/e ima just do what id been doing. i would of kindly went for another zone but the leader had to smartoff to me, now that i think of it i should of brought all the mobs down to them...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-09-18 12:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate when people say "leech" off others' LS runs.

This is the way SE designed WoE , anyone can join in , regardless if you organized the run or not , you can't stop them from joining in.

Blame SE for making it public then or don't bash people around for joining in to farm coins.
[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-09-18 13:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really interested, depending on your times, i ll be there! i need coin of advancement for the polearm (cerastes+1), got PLD/BRD80 DRG85, PM me or send me a tell IG^^
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-09-18 13:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I hate when people say "leech" off others' LS runs.

This is the way SE designed WoE , anyone can join in , regardless if you organized the run or not , you can't stop them from joining in.

Blame SE for making it public then or don't bash people around for joining in to farm coins.

If you can't "leech" off a WoE run then you can't really "take over" a zone either (which is what the OP claims my ls did). Unless you bring enough people to actually fill the zone to max capacity, which we obviously didn't.
[+]
 Asura.Bombs
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-18 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I hate when people say "leech" off others' LS runs. This is the way SE designed WoE , anyone can join in , regardless if you organized the run or not , you can't stop them from joining in. Blame SE for making it public then or don't bash people around for joining in to farm coins.
If you can't "leech" off a WoE run then you can't really "take over" a zone either (which is what the OP claims my ls did). Unless you bring enough people to actually fill the zone to max capacity, which we obviously didn't.

yeah but still he calling me a leech when i didn't lot anything and didn't take anything that dropped, and didn't earn 1 thing, maybe someone should tell him what leeching really means?
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-18 16:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But still... WoE is very hard to win and you wanting to farm some coins while a LS is trying to go for boss drops is not cool now is it? You may not be leeching but you are definitely messing up their strategy. If you want to farm coins, that's great. However, I think you should do it in another battlefield.

Of course, I haven't done WoE since update so mob behavior might be different. They used to be really moody though.
[+]
 Asura.Bombs
By Asura.Bombs 2010-09-18 17:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
But still... WoE is very hard to win and you wanting to farm some coins while a LS is trying to go for boss drops is not cool now is it? You may not be leeching but you are definitely messing up their strategy. If you want to farm coins, that's great. However, I think you should do it in another battlefield. Of course, I haven't done WoE since update so mob behavior might be different. They used to be really moody though.
how did i mess their run up i had been doing the same 1 in a row for 8 runs i had already entered then they came in after i did
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-18 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not necissarily a bad thing, joining their run means you might have a chance at looting a coin bag(cant remember exactly what there called) but they drop like 5-10coins when used and that they can come in any time works both ways. Sure they can "Takeover" (for lack of any better way of putting it) but if you earn that top 5 slot your free to lot, they could easily wait for you to time out but if they chose not to well thats their problem...
PS im interested in farming coins so look me up if ever looking for members
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-09-20 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have just done a low-man conflux 2 run.

And yes, it is totally possible to leech in WoE. A few other ppl came in - a war, a bst, couple of others. Nothing that could have beat 4 Morbid Mollasses. We kill the boss, coin pouch drops. My pt member gets outlotted by one of the other ppl there, that contributed absolutely nothing towards the win. I know it's how SE designed it, but that is still leeching.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-20 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing happened to us lowmanning yesterday. We had 3 bosses down, and had pulled the 4th when a few people came in and killed some singles to get lotting rights while we did the boss.

I very politely told them that our group killed the bosses for the purpose of getting coins for our members. While we would prefer they didn't lot any of the drops (which they in no way contributed to), it was most important for us that they leave the coins alone.

Needless to say, they lotted everything in the pool, including last a last minute ninja on the coin pouch. I had held off lotting suspecting it might happen, and kept them from getting it. However, the person who needed those coins (and would have been within 5 of completing their weapon with it) lost out because of people who didn't contribute.

That is, in my opinion, the most obvious kind of leeching. It's not like afking in an party and getting exp you didn't earn without causing much dmg to the other people there. It's directly depriving people who put in work and planning for an event of their earned reward out of greed.

The worst part of it is how discouraging it is to the people who put in 40 min of work to get the drops, knowing any random person can come in and take it away from them.

Anyone with a bit of common decency would just take their soloing/lowman to another conflux.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-20 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

inc "I pay for this game with my own money and I do as I want!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Hatekhaos
Server: Cerberus
user: hatekhaos
By Cerberus.Hatekhaos 2010-09-20 17:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did WOE you dont have exclusive access to the area when you enter? So anyone can walk in and fight mobs and lot on drops you have?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-21 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hatekhaos said:
I never did WOE you dont have exclusive access to the area when you enter? So anyone can walk in and fight mobs and lot on drops you have?

Pretty much. It's like doing Einherjar with with no lamps. Imagine doing a chamber, and a random guy comes in and dd's one mob, then lots your Abjs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-21 12:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Tamoa, you're wrong.

If the person contributed nothing towards the win, they wouldn't have been able to see the loot pool. (Unless they just changed it at this last update that the entire zone now sees the loot pool. It used to be only people that got enough exp to qualify.)

Also, I can almost solo the Morbid Mollasses now on my mnk. So, who cares if people come in to leech?
[+]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-21 13:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Hey Tamoa, you're wrong.

If the person contributed nothing towards the win, they wouldn't have been able to see the loot pool. (Unless they just changed it at this last update that the entire zone now sees the loot pool. It used to be only people that got enough exp to qualify.)

Full zone. If you come in and do any exp action (cure, toss out a nuke) you'll qualify. Last run I did a Pup did 1 nuke on a single mob and made the pool.
Quote:
Also, I can almost solo the Morbid Mollasses now on my mnk. So, who cares if people come in to leech?

People who want drops? If you go in and solo, and I entered, cured you once and lotted all your drops, you'd be comfortable with that?

If so, I have a mule I'd love to move to your server.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-09-21 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Hey Tamoa, you're wrong.

They killed 2 or 3 small crabs, that's all. And that's not contributing towards the win, my pt did a run before this with nobody else present, we didn't touch the small crabs at all but killed all the Morbid Mollasses.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-21 13:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How much exp do you get by only killing the big blobs? We get anywhere from 8k to 14k by killing the small ones too.

If you want to transfer a healer over here to keep me alive and let me solo the blobs, I dont care if you lot. Go for it.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-21 13:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well since people seem to be reading this how do you want us to contribute then?

The fact is regardless of how people feel these battlefields should be run they are an open event. I have tryed to be nice about it asking people what they want me to do and what not but generally i get the whole gtfo or just plain silence.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-21 13:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are any good at what they do, you won't get one of the top 5 chests. You'll only be able to see the big loot pool.

If you're getting in the top 5 chest slot without a bard or cor giving you buffs, then their DDs suck.

Cor can't be beat in this event FYI. A good Cor will put up the top numbers every time because of the buffing/curing/physical/magical damage output.

At our runs our best cor puts up between 12k and 14k exp per run and the closest to him is usually the top physical DD with like 7-9k.

So if you're reading this and your cor kicks some serious ***, bring it to someone else's Walk of Echoes run if you want coins.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-21 14:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
How much exp do you get by only killing the big blobs? We get anywhere from 8k to 14k by killing the small ones too.

If you want to transfer a healer over here to keep me alive and let me solo the blobs, I dont care if you lot. Go for it.

As support, I typically get 8k or so in 4th/5th place. As DD or sac pull usually around 11k for top placers. TBH though, all my jobs are already capped, no one I know does Abyssea for xp.
Asura.Ina said:

Ok well since people seem to be reading this how do you want us to contribute then?

The fact is regardless of how people feel these battlefields should be run they are an open event. I have tryed to be nice about it asking people what they want me to do and what not but generally i get the whole gtfo or just plain silence.

If I'm in there, I'm in there for drops. Consequently, I'd like you to go to one of the other confluxes. Yes, it's an open battlefield, just like exp camps were open. That doesn't mean anyone enjoyed when a second party would come and camp on top of them at birds.

You have other options, you can easily grab 4 people and do a battlefield of your own without lowering the rewards for other people. Short of that, stay out of the way and don't lot my coins is what I'd say. If we needed more people, we would have brought them.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-21 17:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I see both sides of the arguement. But in the end SE is to blame for even allowing this conflict to happen. Not everybody is honest and considerate.

I mainly joined to see how to fight them and get some risk free skill ups. I had no intention of lotting coins as I was told.

With that being said,is there a way to keep the integrity of the game and still have fun as the game intended?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-09-22 09:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said:
I see both sides of the arguement. But in the end SE is to blame for even allowing this conflict to happen. Not everybody is honest and considerate.

I mainly joined to see how to fight them and get some risk free skill ups. I had no intention of lotting coins as I was told.

With that being said,is there a way to keep the integrity of the game and still have fun as the game intended?

Yeah, you were really cool about it in the run you entered on.

One thing that I think could work is two small groups, both capable of defeating bosses on their own and pulling without linking, each taking half the mobs. That kind of fair division of duties would make runs go faster and be a leech free way to split the spoils, so everyone could get more runs in.

Of course, both groups would have to agree to the same lotting rules to avoid drama, but it could definitely be done.
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2010-09-22 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

we need to open #4, #6 and #5 again, where no random noobs can simply come in and beat it! there are also several strats to get rid of randoms, vosdementis people feel free to ask me some in game!
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-09-22 12:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE should have just gave the option for people to purchase a 'lamp' to make a private event at any time. Not too cheap for any random player to want to lock it and solo alone, and not to expensive that bigger shells wouldn't want to use that option.
First Page 2