New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » New Trailer! 14th September
New Trailer! 14th September
First Page 2 3 4
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 07:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow just wow.

Notice the Espers (summons) flying out of the downed airship?

Notice how the Garlean empire seems to be at war with the monsters? Specifically the Beastmen?

• Guildleves in the Beta: We sincerely apologize to our open beta testers for the client errors that would occur more frequently during guildleves in the beta. In the release version, we are dealing with these diligently.

• Retainer: Right now, when you buy something from a retainer, there is an unnecessarily long delay. On release, we plan to make this a lot more smooth. We would like to make improvements to make commerce even easier for everyone.

• Relationship Crafting/Gathering & PC Status: PC's physical level & attributes will have an effect on crafting and gathering. There are hints in the game as to what does what, so please search for it.

• Crafting:

• Physical: Closely related to the tool being used and will particularly affect quality

• Attributes: related to "Godsend" [I think these are the extra result/HQ result] probability & "attribute stability" [?]

• Gathering:

• Physical: Affects difficulty in obtaining items in the "gather" phase as well as the number of items obtained[

• [translator note].. this is a literal translation of "physical" and "attribute" I wasn't sure here if they're talking about skill level or what, but judging from the use of katakana for Physical, I must assume it means physical level, even though that sounds odd to have an effect here.

• Market: We don't want crafters and gatherers to simply "put up" their items on the market and that's it. We want them to also act as salesmen and learn to play the market intelligently. For this purpose, we will begin with focus on the Bazaar market system. On that note, in order to be able to tell "What's for sale?" etc, we are planning to adjust policy and add functionality to improve the user friendliness.

• Retrying guildleves: The best way to level is with guildleves, that is, even without the guardian's favor, you will earn way more exp and skill points per each kill. For this reason, we wanted to prevent abusive use of leves by killing all the monsters but failing right at the end and then retrying on the spot. However, if you visit the NPC that gave you the leve, you can retry it.

• There will be hardware mouse support!

• We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this.

• The FFXIV development team acknowledged that there's issues with the mouse and user interface and apologized about it. Hardware Mouse + UI improvements will be a major focus for them.

• There will be package discount pricing on the subscription (Japan-3months, NA/EU 3/6 months)

• Due to game balance consideration, the level cap on release will be 50

• We will change it so you do not lose disabled abilities when changing class any more. [assume this means they won't leave the ability bar, they will probably just gray]

• Physical stat distribution will affect both crafting and gathering classes as much as it does everyone else.

• There aren't any "open world" NMs outside of guildleves.

• New hairstyles will be added, as well as the ability to change hairstyle in game after you make your character.

• Crafters will be able to cooperate in large-scale projects (boats, cannons, wedding cakes! YUM) so more fun for you and your company!

• There will be guildleves where crafters and adventurers have to cooperate.

• The guildleve issue will be fixed so they cooldown will be significantly decreased from 48 hours.

• Anima regeneration will have to be raised since you'll have to travel more for more frequent guildleves.

• The faction leves have you fight different beastman tribes and such.

• Negotiations are another way of obtaining loot (other than battles). By choosing the right conversation subject with a NPC, player can engage in negotiations and receive items in exchange for items wanted by the NPC. If player does exceptionally well, it's possible to get some free stuff as an extra.

• Ishgard: Ishgard's people have long been at war with man-eating dragons, and thus have not taken on Adventurers. In this city, there are already several quests appearing for the "Dragon Slayers" [faction?] who are at war with the dragons.

• Mana Regeneration: MP management is supposed to be important. Also, spells are supposed to deal high damage in one hit. Having this concept in mind, SE plans to continue to balance this system and (in the future) add some other ways of regaining MP, other than abilities and Aetheryte.

• Damaging monster body parts:
    There are monsters which have different body parts that can be damaged. Using a specific weapon skill while standing in a specified position can lead to cutting a monster's body part off. For example, you can cut Malboro's vines or a horn/tail if the enemy has one. In addition to changing the monster's appearance, those actions can have the following effects:
    - Weakening the monster
    - Preventing monsters from using specific skills
    - Acquiring materials from cut/damaged body parts

[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 07:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS

Mod edit: Fixed the OP =D
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 07:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Krizz for updating the OP to show the changes also.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-09-14 08:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I love when they make RPG trailers look like action/adventure games. Gotta love the Japanese and their enthusiasm.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 09:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... that looked... amazing. I don't know what all the ships and dragons were... but I want to find out now... Speculation mode is on now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-14 09:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked a lot of the information (All of it maybe) but I didn't much care for the intro Cutscene. I liked FFXI's a lot better, even though I bet 98% of the game population still don't know who those 2 kids are.
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2010-09-14 09:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply amazing.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 09:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note... you guys actually think they will let us create our own vehicles this time around? I.e. boats/airships/chocobos? Seeing as the other Big Name MMOs have mounts (land/air/water?), maybe SE will want to keep up with that?

I'd kill for an airship to fly around in... Even if it's like the relic of FFXIV. Would give me something neat to work towards I suppose.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 09:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
even though I bet 98% of the game population still don't know who those 2 kids are.

Easy, it's uhh... Zonpah-Zippa and one of them Mihgo girls... amirite?!

(Aldo and his sister before anyone goes nerdrage on me.)
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-14 09:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking good and the fixes/changes in the notes certainly are welcome from playing the Beta.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 09:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see anything about fixing the suicide bug though... I do hope that gets fixed on release lol.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-14 09:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad nothing that you do in the game will look anywhere near that cool or fluid in game.

then after you watch this CGI movie you go back to spending 30 seconds to make one synth by clicking through laggy *** menus.

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Gib said:
Too bad nothing that you do in the game will look anywhere near that cool or fluid in game.

then after you watch this CGI movie you go back to spending 30 seconds to make one synth by clicking through laggy *** menus.

It's not like they've totally fixed those up

And there's already patch notes on them

in the OP.

Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-14 09:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Alexander.Gib said:

in the OP.

They also said they are working on it! and will be better in retail, and keep improving it overtime!
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 09:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, just now getting a chance to read through the notes.

Level cap of 50. Coolbeans.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Flionheart said:
Alexander.Gib said:

in the OP.

They also said they are working on it! and will be better in retail, and keep improving it overtime!

Exactly my point. I just knew there would be at least one person saying "Hurr that not what game look like durrr"

I just knew it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Flionheart said:
Alexander.Gib said:

in the OP.

FFXIV is the patch to FFXI :o

Does that mean to fix FFXIV they will release FFXVII?

Does that mean XI is dead because XIV is the newer patch?
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 09:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Does that mean XI is dead because XIV is the newer patch?

Time will tell, but no. FFXI will live on like an elderly grandpa with too much money and a poor attitude.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, I was just being sarcastic. I know XI will live on limping with it's limited subs.

Not saying XIV will do better at retail either. Time will tell. Trailer has got me excited though, it actually has some story at least.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

By NapoleonMikey 2010-09-14 09:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how anyone can consider something 7+ mins long a trailer, more like a short film. But a lot of good information in OP.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 09:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
  • Relationship Crafting/Gathering & PC Status: PC's physical level & attributes will have an effect on crafting and gathering. There are hints in the game as to what does what, so please search for it.

• Crafting:

• Physical: Closely related to the tool being used and will particularly affect quality

• Attributes: related to "Godsend" [I think these are the extra result/HQ result] probability & "attribute stability" [?]

• Gathering:

• Physical: Affects difficulty in obtaining items in the "gather" phase as well as the number of items obtained[

• [translator note].. this is a literal translation of "physical" and "attribute" I wasn't sure here if they're talking about skill level or what, but judging from the use of katakana for Physical, I must assume it means physical level, even though that sounds odd to have an effect here.

• Market: We don't want crafters and gatherers to simply "put up" their items on the market and that's it. We want them to also act as salesmen and learn to play the market intelligently. For this purpose, we will begin with focus on the Bazaar market system. On that note, in order to be able to tell "What's for sale?" etc, we are planning to adjust policy and add functionality to improve the user friendliness.

This makes perfect sense to me. If you're mining, strength should play in to it. If your arms are twigs, you're not going to get much out of a rock. On the same note, if you don't know what you're doing (i.e. the mining skill itself), you're not going to know if you're doing it right. I like the concept, and I am curious to see how they implement it.

Flionheart said:
  • There will be hardware mouse support!

• We believe that the item selection interface should be very responsive, and by release we will have introduced a MUCH improved version. After release we will continue improving this.

• The FFXIV development team acknowledged that there's issues with the mouse and user interface and apologized about it. Hardware Mouse + UI improvements will be a major focus for them.

So glad this won't be an issue.
Flionheart said:
  • There will be package discount pricing on the subscription (Japan-3months, NA/EU 3/6 months)

{I'm interested.}

I like package deals. Hell, for PotCO I did their year subscription. LOTRO no less than 3 months at a time (regretting not getting a lifetime sub while they were offered). I like getting a discount for something I'm going to pay for either way.

Flionheart said:
  • Due to game balance consideration, the level cap on release will be 50

• We will change it so you do not lose disabled abilities when changing class any more. [assume this means they won't leave the ability bar, they will probably just gray]

/thumbs up

Flionheart said:
  • Physical stat distribution will affect both crafting and gathering classes as much as it does everyone else.

Repeating themselves...

Flionheart said:
  • There aren't any "open world" NMs outside of guildleves.

Though there are plenty of normal mobs that can PWN you just as bad as any NM.

Flionheart said:
  • New hairstyles will be added, as well as the ability to change hairstyle in game after you make your character.

lol

Flionheart said:
  • Crafters will be able to cooperate in large-scale projects (boats, cannons, wedding cakes! YUM) so more fun for you and your company!

Tons of potential.
Flionheart said:
  • There will be guildleves where crafters and adventurers have to cooperate.

• The guildleve issue will be fixed so they cooldown will be significantly decreased from 48 hours.

• Anima regeneration will have to be raised since you'll have to travel more for more frequent guildleves.

• The faction leves have you fight different beastman tribes and such.

So leveling will be even quicker unless they reduce the XP you earn from what it is in the open beta. I certainly hope they have enough EG mapped out in the year(s) to come.
Flionheart said:
  • Negotiations are another way of obtaining loot (other than battles). By choosing the right conversation subject with a NPC, player can engage in negotiations and receive items in exchange for items wanted by the NPC. If player does exceptionally well, it's possible to get some free stuff as an extra.

Intersting.

Flionheart said:
  • Ishgard: Ishgard's people have long been at war with man-eating dragons, and thus have not taken on Adventurers. In this city, there are already several quests appearing for the "Dragon Slayers" [faction?] who are at war with the dragons.

Again, interesting. Dragons are always fun to poke with a stick.

Flionheart said:
  • Mana Regeneration: MP management is supposed to be important. Also, spells are supposed to deal high damage in one hit. Having this concept in mind, SE plans to continue to balance this system and (in the future) add some other ways of regaining MP, other than abilities and Aetheryte.

Nothing like running around with no MP for over an hour because I'm harvesting and fighting as I go.

Flionheart said:
  • Damaging monster body parts:
    There are monsters which have different body parts that can be damaged. Using a specific weapon skill while standing in a specified position can lead to cutting a monster's body part off. For example, you can cut Malboro's vines or a horn/tail if the enemy has one. In addition to changing the monster's appearance, those actions can have the following effects:
    - Weakening the monster
    - Preventing monsters from using specific skills
    - Acquiring materials from cut/damaged body parts

As I said before, I'm happy about this. It adds a lot of potential to the crafting, and may make it easier to acquire mats.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 10:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
/mindblown

By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the "No NM's in the open world" is kinda ambiguous atm. I've heard two different translations.

One translator is saying it's going to be an instanced only thing to avoid competition and they're going to be on a weekly timer.

Another translator is saying there are going to be NM's and they're all going to be unique.

I think both are partially right. I think there are boss leves but there are also still fafnir like HNM.

All NM's will have unique skins also.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 10:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

O_O That gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

I haven't felt like that since FF6. Holy crap.

OK, if the actual game on release doesn't measure up to that, I am going to be BITTERLY disappointed.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
O_O That gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

I haven't felt like that since FF6. Holy crap.

OK, if the actual game on release doesn't measure up to that, I am going to be BITTERLY disappointed.
/prepares the anti-depressants
[+]
First Page 2 3 4