Game Thugs
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22
 Lakshmi.Kyi
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It would seem most people who reply are concentrating on the negative mobs aspect and not the gamemanship. If a player on the pitch gets over camped by another football team and takes their football, there are to rules stop it happening. Too many people it seems have no manners and dont understand the concept of gamemanship. The game is supposely about supporting group players. This is why you cant solo alot of mobs. when a group of 80s are competing with another group of 80s then its a fair game. But when 80s come and tell 56 move cos we want your camp thats not fair. That is not gamemanship. Its not about the mobs and whether who got what. Its about rules for common curtisey that are being lost in all games. Just because no rules surround it doesnt mean it doesnt have a place in society. Thugs rule purely because no one stops them. This I dont care about you Im getting what I need is exactly why wars happen. In one way its why iran and irac are at war. They have something that someone else wants or they want something that someone else has. Time to address the common people and say stop its pure greed.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe, don't compare a game to a war. That's just wrong.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not the game is designed by SE. This is why SE needs to be held accountable for game playing and rules. There is such a thing as being accountable by taking no action when action is needed.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you will find most war is just a game to the commanders. They use ppls lives as pawns in their game plans, yes they might lose a few, yes they might not supply enough equipment but whats a few lives when they are in charge in their cosy back office.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Believe it or not the game is designed by SE. This is why SE needs to be held accountable for game playing and rules. There is such a thing as being accountable by taking no action when action is needed.

May I ask, in your opinion, how could they fix this?

People pay for the game monthly, SquareEnix is very hard-pressed where limiting things in this game is concerned.

They could lower the mobs level, then they'll sync, and it'll be harder for parties.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 07:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst

Logic

EVER
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
It would seem most people who reply are concentrating on the negative mobs aspect and not the gamemanship. If a player on the pitch gets over camped by another football team and takes their football, there are to rules stop it happening. Too many people it seems have no manners and dont understand the concept of gamemanship. The game is supposely about supporting group players. This is why you cant solo alot of mobs. when a group of 80s are competing with another group of 80s then its a fair game. But when 80s come and tell 56 move cos we want your camp thats not fair. That is not gamemanship. Its not about the mobs and whether who got what. Its about rules for common curtisey that are being lost in all games. Just because no rules surround it doesnt mean it doesnt have a place in society. Thugs rule purely because no one stops them. This I dont care about you Im getting what I need is exactly why wars happen. In one way its why iran and irac are at war. They have something that someone else wants or they want something that someone else has. Time to address the common people and say stop its pure greed.

Ok, first off, "gamemanship" is not a word. Stop using it. Etiquette is what you're aiming for. There's a proper etiquette for the situation however SE has nothing to do with it. SE has laid out their rules all nice and neat in the Terms of Service. Beyond that, it's up to the players to decide what is right/wrong amongst themselves. In most instances, we're given leeway to govern our own actions. This is one of those cases. The level 80s were wrong by most people's standards but not SE's. SE had nothing to do with it and had nothing to fix because the players in question were not breaking SE's rules.
By Zekko 2010-09-13 07:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Im a game thug
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

There's not action required here because SE has already taken action and made their rules apparent. They made a very clear and defined definition of ownership. If the mob's name is Yellow, that mob is available to any and all players to claim and kill. If it is red/purple, it is owned and no other players may attack/kill said mob until the name goes yellow again. Very simple concept.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont have any problems with being over camped by the same level as the other players in the area. It was the fact that the 80s wiped the whole area out in 2 seconds flat leaving nothing to kill at all.. Miraclously reappearing just as the birds reappeared to wipe them again in 2 seconds. I suggest that if high levels form parties to take ep mobs then there should be some sort of penalty to stop it. 10 level 80+ chars shouldnt be able to wipe the area so the level 56 party had nothing to kill. if a level 80 solo player was there, then fine everyone has a chance at getting atleast 1 bird. but when there are a gang of them the exp should stop.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 07:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Proposed SE:

Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

might not appear in the us language but it is in the english language
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Dont have any problems with being over camped by the same level as the other players in the area. It was the fact that the 80s wiped the whole area out in 2 seconds flat leaving nothing to kill at all.. Miraclously reappearing just as the birds reappeared to wipe them again in 2 seconds. I suggest that if high levels form parties to take ep mobs then there should be some sort of penalty to stop it. 10 level 80+ chars shouldnt be able to wipe the area so the level 56 party had nothing to kill. if a level 80 solo player was there, then fine everyone has a chance at getting atleast 1 bird. but when there are a gang of them the exp should stop.

There is a penalty, ridiculously low EXP, but as they don't want EXP it doesn't matter to them.

---

Gamesmanship does exist by the way, even in the Oxford dictionary. You may not have heard of it, but it does exist.

Though it's not a good thing, means to use any means to win the game... So they would have Gamesmanship if they killed on top of a party.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Which leads to the second complaint about SE and their rules. Only people with PCs get to read them. Xbox users and PS3 users who dont access www. cant read them.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
might not appear in the us language but it is in the english language

Dictionary.com and merriam-webster.com both do not have it listed. Going with a slang term at best.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs to be zero exp so that the birds dont count for the ws trials and therefore the level80 parties wont go there
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

both dont use english language they use american. Look up the word colour if its not spelt with a u your not using the correct dictionery
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Needs to be zero exp so that the birds dont count for the ws trials and therefore the level80 parties wont go there

Then that means they'd weaken the mobs, thus parties would need to be lower to train there.

They can't say to them, Oh, your 80, lets make it so it's really hard for you. It's peoples faults, not SE's.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Which leads to the second complaint about SE and their rules. Only people with PCs get to read them. Xbox users and PS3 users who dont access www. cant read them.

Not true. You have the option to read them at any time via Playonline. Also SE sends notices with a link to the ToS every time there's a revision to the ToS so you may view it. It also appears before you even fully install the game on your machine and you have to agree to it before the installation process begins.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
both dont use english language they use american. Look up the word colour if its not spelt with a u your not using the correct dictionery

Colour shows up in both websites. Gamemanship does not.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

They spelt it wrong, it's Gamesmanship
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

They spelt it wrong, it's Gamesmanship

Ah there it is.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

never claimed to be able to spell
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm laughing right now.

According to merriam-webster.com:

Definition of GAMESMANSHIP
: the art or practice of winning games by questionable expedients without actually violating the rules
: the use of ethically dubious methods to gain an objective
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

lol...
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
I'm laughing right now.

According to merriam-webster.com:

Definition of GAMESMANSHIP
: the art or practice of winning games by questionable expedients without actually violating the rules
: the use of ethically dubious methods to gain an objective
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

lol...

Yeah, I did say that it means basically what they are doing, using any means to further themselves.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 07:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

go use an xbox and then tell me how you got to playonline user rules
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-13 07:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

they taking yo camps on yo white ***...
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 07:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

So you pay for the internet... but you don't have a PC...
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 07:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:

I do not play on Xbox. I play on PS3 (PS2 version). I can point you right to where the ToS is.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 07:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The playonline viewer is the same on PC, PS3, and XBOX I believe, so if you can, you should. Just for point proving.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22