Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 08:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
It's not fact. SAM is the most common DD because it's like a team-player sort of DD. It can both deal damage, and do something about mitigating damage when it inevitably takes hate. SAM is just useful in a lot of situations.

Almost every DD has the potential to beat SAM. Not saying DRK in particular, but I've seen PUPs almost beat Amano SAMs.

Skilled PUP, Bad SAM.
This was the SAM.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 08:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sams die too easy. Atleast Drk have an excuse to. Souleater Sams one hit wonders oh look they dead.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 08:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
It's not fact. SAM is the most common DD because it's like a team-player sort of DD. It can both deal damage, and do something about mitigating damage when it inevitably takes hate. SAM is just useful in a lot of situations.

Almost every DD has the potential to beat SAM. Not saying DRK in particular, but I've seen PUPs almost beat Amano SAMs.

Skilled PUP, Bad SAM.
This was the SAM.

Implying relics equal skill?

I know plenty of people with a relic who don't know ***how to play.

He could have been off his game at the time, or simply bad at playing Samurai.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 08:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Flionheart said:
I...I don't even know what to say. There's math to prove you wrong, I'd find it if I could be bothered. A SAM who knows how to play the job will out DD a DRK every time. It's not opinion it's fact.

Again, NO.

If you found a Katana that could match a Scythe's DMG, and equipped both jobs with the exact same gear, DRK would win, simple fact.

Not even slightly. Assuming the delay was the same the SAM would pull ahead easily due to the fact that he can spam WS more.
My point is plain damage. No meditate, only normal swings. Meditate is cheating, you may as well include Soul Eater if you include that.

Eitherway, I bet one DRK would deal more DMG per Weaponskill than a SAM does with two.

PS. It's an opinion, prove the stats, or stop saying fact.
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
I...I don't even know what to say. There's math to prove you wrong, I'd find it if I could be bothered. A SAM who knows how to play the job will out DD a DRK every time. It's not opinion it's fact.

Again, NO.

If you found a Katana that could match a Scythe's DMG, and equipped both jobs with the exact same gear, DRK would win, simple fact.

Except good DRKs and good SAMs don't wear the same gear... the whole aspect of seeing which is the best is giving the jobs their best possible setups and seeing which would win.

I know that, I'm just saying, if you could DRK's would win, natural abilities give them more attack than SAM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is the most popular job because it doesnt take any brains to use it. Stand there and hit something and make it look good. Wheres the skill. Try lolpup and see how much work and thought you need to do it.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Skilled PUP, Bad SAM.
This was the SAM.

You're just grasping at straws here.

SAMs on average are better DDs than any others, but a perfect RNG, DRK, WAR, or even MNK could potentially (Most likely very easily now) beat a perfect SAM.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-13 08:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Flionheart said:
Now I feel kinda bad because he's old.

God damn it.

Approach it like Deathcue.

LOL
He sent me a threathening message >.>
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 08:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its called being sarcastic. No doubt you have never heard of it.
By semimmortal 2010-09-13 08:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Skilled PUP, Bad SAM.
This was the SAM.

I see an Ace's Helm.

Wat is dis I dont

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 08:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Again, NO.

My point is plain damage. No meditate, only normal swings. Meditate is cheating, you may as well include Soul Eater if you include that.

Eitherway, I bet one DRK would deal more DMG per Weaponskill than a SAM does with two.

Not even slightly. Assuming the delay was the same the SAM would pull ahead easily due to the fact that he can spam WS more.
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:

Again, NO.

Except good DRKs and good SAMs don't wear the same gear... the whole aspect of seeing which is the best is giving the jobs their best possible setups and seeing which would win.

I know that, I'm just saying, if you could DRK's would win, natural abilities give them more attack than SAM.

Lol attack means nothing after a certain point
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 08:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Sure am, the English went to war in vietman didnt they. Or was that pearl habour or some other war the american didnt win but sent troops to die in

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa >.>

Inorite? Inb4timetravel.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-13 08:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Flionheart said:
Now I feel kinda bad because he's old.

God damn it.

Approach it like Deathcue.

LOL
He sent me a threathening message >.>

I am very sorry that you are now dead.

Yeah he said that in 2012 he will be god or something
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 08:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

If they wear the same gear, exact stats, I guarantee DRK would win, whether it's by only 1 point of DMG, or not.

I'm assuming you were a SAM when you were on this game, if you were.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Skilled PUP, Bad SAM.
This was the SAM.

You're just grasping at straws here.

SAMs on average are better DDs than any others, but a perfect RNG, DRK, WAR, or even MNK could potentially (Most likely very easily now) beat a perfect SAM.

I'm pretty sure there was a long thread debunking the entire theory that RNG could beat SAM, and that was done with math.

As for WAR and MNK, perhaps I haven't been keeping up. I know that DRK is totally out of the loop now though, why do you think there are so many threads about buffing DRK. With perfect gear it can't keep up.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 08:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Wat is dis I dont
Ignoring the fact that you only need 16% Haste to cap with Catastophe Aftermath, this guy quit long ago so none of these newer options are really viable anymore. This was even before Pizza was added.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Again, NO.

Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:

Again, NO.

If they wear the same gear, exact stats, I guarantee DRK would win, whether it's by only 1 point of DMG, or not.

Well that's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement, Because it depends which gear, DRK and SAM can't wear the same optimal gear for a starter so I don't know what your getting at.

If a SAM has optimal gear and a DRK has optimal gear the sam will win.
By semimmortal 2010-09-13 09:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
semimmortal said:
Wat is dis I dont
Ignoring the fact that you only need 16% Haste to cap with Catastophe Aftermath, this guy quit long ago so none of these newer options are really viable anymore. This was even before Pizza was added.
SAM TP set...

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
I'm pretty sure there was a long thread debunking the entire theory that RNG could beat SAM, and that was done with math.

As for WAR and MNK, perhaps I haven't been keeping up. I know that DRK is totally out of the loop now though, why do you think there are so many threads about buffing DRK. With perfect gear it can't keep up.
It depends largely on what you're fighting. For quick mobs, RNG will generally win, but for HNMs SAM is much better than RNG.

And as far as why there are threads about DRK, it's because they have magic and stuff that can be used to buff them. If that's a weakness to you, then I don't know what to say.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Well that's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement, Because it depends which gear, DRK and SAM can't wear the same optimal gear for a starter so I don't know what your getting at.

To prove which job is better they'd need to be equal, thus, you'd use the same stats, only allowing natural traits to come into effect.

No it wouldn't.

Equipment wise, DRK get's the best.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey its my thread let em talk about sam and drk if they wanna
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Let's take a step back, lol. This thread turned into a SAM VS DRK thread?!

Uhmmmmmmm

The original topic died ages ago, when the OP started comparing it to Hitler, The War, and 9/11.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:

It depends largely on what you're fighting. For quick mobs, RNG will generally win, but for HNMs SAM is much better than RNG.

And as far as why there are threads about DRK, it's because they have magic and stuff that can be used to buff them. If that's a weakness to you, then I don't know what to say.

Pointless magic that has very little use. En-dark and I believe Absorb TP are the only useful magic that DRK can actually use. Obviously Stun is useful too.

I suppose you could say Drain, but generally in the time it takes you to cast that you could hit it once more and do more dmg. DRK's nuking is laughable, DRK's absorbing is normally really hard due to high resist rates at capped dark skill, Stun is useful, Drain is useful if you're caught in a bad situation I suppose.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

To prove which job is better they'd need to be equal, thus, you'd use the same stats, only allowing natural traits to come into effect.

No it wouldn't.

Equipment wise, DRK get's the best.

Are you new to this game?
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart might actually know something instead of just looking at comics

Post deleted by User.