Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
Flionheart said:
Saying that, the Leve "Get to the copper!" made me lol a lot.

so 14 doesn't have cheesy puns Ent....?
I wouldn't even vaguely call that cheesy. Yes, it's a pun. It's not bad, and if I hadn't already seen it ingame, I would have thought it was pretty funny.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
The logic that FFXIV will be better then FFXI no matter what, and people that dont think so obviously cant run it and that bigger team = better game is just....lol
The logic that a computer that costs 4000 dollars compared to my 600 dollar laptop, and has a better graphics card, processor, RAM, and screen, as well as looks a lot more appealing = better computer is just....lol

He cant be serious....im just waiting for him to post trollface.jpg
I said exactly what you said, but in computer terms. I'll post the troll picture when you do.

The strength of a computer is facts. The fun value of a game is 100% taste. By your logic, all you need is 10,000 ppl working on one game and bam, funnest game in the world.
Fun is relative. Game quality is easy to measure.

The biggest part of the quality of a game is the fun factor. If a game has amazing graphics and an awesome story, but is ***to play, thats a low quality game.

Are we talking about GoW here?
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont understand how people base everything off of the beta or the actual start of a game, obviously they aren't done with everything yet, and they haven't put all the items in

MMOs generally get new content at new expansions or the release, not adding more things at the release would be idiotic of SE
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:
As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.
Out of curiosity are you in the beta/have you played it?

Lol thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever asked me. Ive been in the beta since phase 1 and believe me its boring as *** to log on now. Ive had enough of it already. I log on for 5 minutes stand around and log out.

Are you in a shell? Have you levelled up the jobs to the maximum level? Are you comparing a beta to a game that's been out for 7 years?

>He leves up jobs to a maximum level during a Beta

Nope i havent. Im in a shell though, ive tested everything out besides high level mobs(which is a rehash of low level mobs at a higher level lolololol)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
The logic that FFXIV will be better then FFXI no matter what, and people that dont think so obviously cant run it and that bigger team = better game is just....lol
The logic that a computer that costs 4000 dollars compared to my 600 dollar laptop, and has a better graphics card, processor, RAM, and screen, as well as looks a lot more appealing = better computer is just....lol

I said exactly what you said, but in computer terms. I'll post the troll picture when you do.

The strength of a computer is facts. The fun value of a game is 100% taste. By your logic, all you need is 10,000 ppl working on one game and bam, funnest game in the world.

The biggest part of the quality of a game is the fun factor. If a game has amazing graphics and an awesome story, but is ***to play, thats a low quality game.

Gears of war has a huge development team, an awesome story, and amazing graphics....ent must *** love it
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-09-09 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:
You need crafters to full repair gear, crafters will always have something to do.

god..you gotta repair armor like Diablo style? WTF >_<

most MMO are like that XD ...well 3 or 4 i play before i started FF11..the gear worns out..if it reach 0% in some of them it breaks >> why? idk why in most of them since doesn't benefit anyone in anyway

i haven't try FF14 so not sure if repair give some sort skill up or some kind of profit for crafters

i am looking forward to play FF14...like every FF game....i want to see the battle system, music, storyline, graphics and the areas, right now the only FF that has dissapointed me has been FF12 because the battle system and storyline...well the main character(Vaan) too!....the story that has nothing to do with the weird feminine looking main character XD
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:
As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.

Lol thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever asked me. Ive been in the beta since phase 1 and believe me its boring as *** to log on now. Ive had enough of it already. I log on for 5 minutes stand around and log out.

Are you in a shell? Have you levelled up the jobs to the maximum level? Are you comparing a beta to a game that's been out for 7 years?

Nope i havent. Im in a shell though, ive tested everything out besides high level mobs(which is a rehash of low level mobs at a higher level lolololol)

So... When you log-in and have nothing to do you could be levelling up a job? Also Point me to a game that doesn't re-use mobs multiple times.

I remember 3 forms of colibri in XI alone. They weren't even different colours.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Good to know I'm stupid. You sir, are an ***. Nowhere in that reply was it necessary to respond in that manner.

So you don't like the game? Thats fine. To each their own.

Lol what manner? I was pretty calm. Im just sayin' People need to stop thinking XIv is like the godsend MMO. You'll be disappointed when its released otherwise
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Gears of war has a huge development team, an awesome story, and amazing graphics....ent must *** love it

Too bad the gameplay majorly let it down.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Too bad the gameplay majorly let it down in my opinion.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa191/Fallen_dreams_dark_sky/1283779974551.jpg

So... When you log-in and have nothing to do you could be levelling up a job? Also Point me to a game that doesn't re-use mobs multiple times.

Its that boring i dont even feel like leveling up LOL
Stand there whacking Dodos or some ***.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No, fun only exists mentally. If it has good graphics, fun gameplay, and a good story, I'd call it a pretty high quality game. Even if I didn't enjoy it, that just means it wasn't made for people like me, not that it wasn't made for anyone.

Seeing as how the open beta currently has a higher population than FFXI most likely ever had, I'd say there were people that consider it fun. But the quality is undeniable.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That pun was cheesy Ent..but thats what SE does..thats what makes them funny..its not necessarily bad..but don't say FFXI is somewhat beneath you (impression i got from that first comment about puns) when 14 has the same ***lol
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I thought Game quality couldn't be relative?
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
Flionheart said:
Saying that, the Leve "Get to the copper!" made me lol a lot.

so 14 doesn't have cheesy puns Ent....?
I wouldn't even vaguely call that cheesy. Yes, it's a pun. It's not bad, and if I hadn't already seen it ingame, I would have thought it was pretty funny.
I think it's very cheesy, not as bad as some of XI's, but just give them XIV team some time, they'll get there.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

its actually fun if u do play it, u can level up thru crafting gathering or hitting ***

its really not that boring if u try it
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

No, fun only exists mentally. If it has good graphics, fun gameplay, and a good story, I'd call it a pretty high quality game. Even if I didn't enjoy it, that just means it wasn't made for people like me, not that it wasn't made for anyone.

Seeing as how the open beta currently has a higher population than FFXI most likely ever had, I'd say there were people that consider it fun. But the quality is undeniable.

The open beta is free. You think all the people that are in it are gonna shell out 60-75 bucks + a 13$/month fee?
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa191/Fallen_dreams_dark_sky/1283779974551.jpg

Compared to standing there wacking colibri?

or doing 17 hour abyssea... or doing trials for 6 hours?

MMO's are about grinds, if you don't like grinds don't play MMO's.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

The open beta is free. You think all the people that are in it are gonna shell out 60-75 bucks + a 13$/month fee?

Obviously
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I thought Game quality couldn't be relative?

Ive been saying its relative...ent is the one trying to say it will be the best game in the entire world no matter what.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-09 19:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Good to know I'm stupid. You sir, are an ***. Nowhere in that reply was it necessary to respond in that manner.

So you don't like the game? Thats fine. To each their own.

Lol what manner? I was pretty calm. Im just sayin' People need to stop thinking XIv is like the godsend MMO. You'll be disappointed when its released otherwise
Eh, in no way do I feel its the ultimate end-all. It has its quirks, just like any other game. While the argument that people blindly support XIV saying its awesome and better in every way, the same argument can be made of people blindly defending XI when they've yet to even touch any form of XIV.
I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I accusing you of this, but I DO see it happen.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial fantasy XI

amiright?
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

It doesnt feel right bro.
Dunno how to explain really. There was magic when i first started FFXI, i remember walking out to West Ronfaure and meeting people and asking "WHY THE *** DID THAT ORC JUST PWN ME" after it aggroed and raped me. I remember first walking to selbina and Jeuno, the game felt really good back then(2005). This game doesnt kinda feel like that, its more like a, log on kill ***log off. Dunno i might be wrong but i dont really feel anything for it.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

Well as I said, there are about 30 FFXI players in our linkshell on Trabia, and it's not unlikely that 100% of them will be buying the full game, not only after it comes out, but on the first day of release because they're excited. I could imagine people that haven't played MMOs at all in their life trying FFXIV and not liking it, but these are all people that have played FFXI for years and see where it's better and where it's worse than FFXIV. And every single one of them wants to play FFXIV instead.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Dunno how to explain really. There was magic when i first started FFXI, i remember walking out to West Ronfaure and meeting people and asking "WHY THE *** DID THAT ORC JUST PWN ME" after it aggroed and raped me. I remember first walking to selbina and Jeuno, the game felt really good back then(2005). This game doesnt kinda feel like that, its more like a, log on kill ***log off. Dunno i might be wrong but i dont really feel anything for it.

i got that feeling u did when i walked up to an ant and got 1 shotted for 2.5k...
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, comparing XIV to XI currently is futile due to comparing a completed game to a beta.

Does anyone even remember the time before level sync?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Well as I said, there are about 30 FFXI players in our linkshell on Trabia, and it's not unlikely that 100% of them will be buying the full game, not only after it comes out, but on the first day of release because they're excited. I could imagine people that haven't played MMOs at all in their life trying FFXIV and not liking it, but these are all people that have played FFXI for years and see where it's better and where it's worse than FFXIV. And every single one of them wants to play FFXIV instead.

Your in a community of people that have been playing FFXI for years, of course their excited. But they are by far not the norm.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

i got that feeling u did when i walked up to an ant and got 1 shotted for 2.5k...

same lol. Or the first time I fought a Dodo and then another guy did it and we both died. Trying to work out how to home point was brilliant.

The exploration too.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Again, comparing XIV to XI currently is futile due to comparing a completed game to a beta.

Does anyone even remember the time before level sync?

it *** sucked ; ;

seeking forever to get a party then disbanding 30 minutes in

then when levelsync came out getting partys was easy

then after a few months people SMN burned everything or grinded everything out thru level sync and getting partys became hard again
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Your in a community of people that have been playing FFXI for years, of course their excited. But they are by far not the norm.
What, do you believe, is the norm then? People who hate MMO games? People who have never tried them? People who are just there to sign in and laugh at all the people in the beta?

No matter how you look at it, Final Fantasy fans will bee the greatest majority in FFXIV.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15