RDM/SCH?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM/SCH?
RDM/SCH?
 Garuda.Noitti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: tokidoki
By Garuda.Noitti 2009-01-27 19:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:

whats anyones 75 blms AM2 do at base dmg? what is it, 1500? All am2 has base dmg not counting gear merits etc. k, not to say eub turns anything into anything, still tier 3 no matter how you observe its dmg. BUT!. my 75 scholar nukes tier 4 blizzard w/out iceday for 15-1600 w/ eub obi and alot of nice lvl 72 gears. hmm, if my memory serves me right on AM2 base dmg. sure seems eub does add alot of dmg to make things happen like a blm. Bet your *** my solo run, i used eub every nuke. my secondary stratagem was alarcrity, macrod to my sleep 1.
/ja alarcrity
/wait 1
/ma sleep <t>
so i pretty well always have eub up and am using it during most all nukes (doesnt take many when youre popping off at 1500 a nuke) so yea, it dont turn it into no AM, but i wouldnt of done 37-75 so quickly w/out that added dmg. again i would like to add, sch is NOT a blm, CAN be compared damage wise, NOT spellwise. blm has infinite access to GA. sch dont, blm has infinite access to AM2. sch has to eub w/ weather and obis and ugly pendant, with klimaform. really hard to compare being so many variables. if you wanna talk dmg, yes, some sch's can make some blms look weak. True, im a 75 blm too. to the guy says sleep alarcrity wont save you. obviously you didnt know sch kicks your *** in enfeebling magic skill dept. at lvl 62 was it? dont recall. i had base 75 blm enfeebling skill of a 75 blm. sleeps arent that big of a deal. really, not something you want to make a issue. i could manifest a link of incredibly toughs and they would all sleep for 30 seconds unresisted even w/ the spread happening. alarcrity will save your *** when youre subbing /nin and want that sleep timer back in 7 seconds cause it failed. lost count on how many times it saved my *** during my solo venture. again, if you aint 75 sch and 75 blm wearing decent gear for both, please dont post *** statements.

*add* bibiki bay pets, you eub cast run to camp and tier low or drain to win. blms gotta do that too sometimes? AM then use secondary spell to finish it off. nope its not AM. but damn that dmg does par w/ blm.</t>

hi

i love you

kbye
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-27 21:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:

k well 1 point is, i just did it, so youre wrong. AM or not i achieved it. yes, you need /nin, yes you need to use classic manaburn NOT AM one ***a pet. but, thats obvious right? sch dont have AM. but again, whether you wanna believe it or not, i care not. look to left, see it say 75 sch? accept it, i did it, youre wrong on almost all accounts of what you said. noob it up pal. millions of eyes are watching.

blablabla ..

first : you're out of the topic ..

second : learn2read .. I didn't say it's not achievable .. I said it has no defensive ways to avoid dying fro /nin .. no shadows r not enough .. some mobs like rabbits easily wipe yr shadows with DA so having bind-grav come in hand more than /nin .. & for effective soloing @those levels AM wins till 63sh when BLM get access to -aga III / bliz 3 .. I mentioned the strategies to solo "3 tier 3" <<<- .. if u don't read it's yr prob lol

third: I'm SCH75 before I was even BLM75 .. & not comparing .. telling the truth & facts from my experience as mage

fourth: I won't bother quoting yr other post but seriously ..u spam Ebullience? .. better to re-consider playing SCH then .. Parsimony > ebullience .. I said SCH DMG per MP COST RATIO > DMG per SPELL .. check kanican lj .. he got perma banned but he got awesome posts about sch .. check his guides & learn.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-27 23:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just lol. You obviously partied your scholar to 75, and still merit in a party. When/if you learn to solo then come chitchat with me. Fact remains, you're wrong on all accounts of what you said about soloing scholar. Did you do it? IF you did you'd know why /nin is NECESSARY. Like how rabbits run faster than a average mob. Better yet, how youd prefer that the beast master DID NOT see you pull. Great idea to slow mob down w/ gravity then bind it. Superb! Only time EYE subbed /rdm was to fight pet elementals. Again if you don't see where thats handy opposed to using /nin elsewhere. Well not even Wiki will help you become a better player. I do believe World of Warcraft may suite you better. Think about it =) I don't party ever. Max merits, max exp, just max everything. Over 3 million exp solod on merits alone. Don't placate me kiddo. It's ok to suck. Ja doesn't make the player, the player makes the player. Good luck in your future endeavors. To everyone else that thinks this is somewhere to learn how to be a job. Wrong, do Not take much advice, Get it, wear it, try it, merit it. Then flame on.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-01-27 23:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation to English for those who do not speak its language :

Quote:
I cram all my words into long drawn out sentences while try to seem angry using capital letters to get my point across hoping to intimidate another person who I've never met using words alone across a video game forum where I can pretend to be a a guru of knowledge when I probably could not tell my hands from my feet and no one else gives a flying *** what I say and I'll be lucky if they read any of the wall of text I just wrote so I'll hop to another thread and begin all over again.

PS -- Thank you, I'm just trying to help.

That's what I got out of that at least -- sound about right?
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-28 00:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To everyone else that thinks this is somewhere to learn how to be a job. Wrong, do Not take much advice, Get it, wear it, try it, merit it. Then flame on.

Did you do any of that Bek? Flame off.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-28 05:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

are you serious ?! know who you're talking to before tossing advices here & there ...

I won't bother teaching you how to play your job if u can't learn .. I soloed 3 of my jobs up to 75 .. SMN which has totally different camps .. & SCH cause obviously @time it came out everyone was leveling SCH too .. you'd be lucky if you got PT which doesn't have 3 SCH & 3 DNC lol .. & BLM which I leveled after SCH .. & lol if you get invitations for BLM .. don't talk ***about someone you don't know

I soloed more than you did mister .. I used /RDM which again SCH shines with it .. & bunnies don't have movement speed +% .. you couldn't outrun them cuz u were totally wrong by using /nin for a job that can't bind/gravity .. again I'm not here to give u a lecture how u play your job .. wanna suck it @it be my guest idc but don't try to prove a point that you're right by accusing others that they're wrong..

the thread isn't about SCH solo /nin vs. /rdm .. read the title .. have anything to say about it talk .. you don't have ? then shut up for good.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-28 05:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

more placating. Now its holyman. ok kid. Read BACK through post see how this all began. It began by me explaining my achievement on SCH. Then homie decided to say that what I'm stating isn't seemingly feasible. That would be where he was wrong. I did it. Now to you, You to are being ignorant. You did NOT solo your scholar. Guess how I know this? Some camps you can't move a friggen step after you pull the mob. I'd love LOVE! to see you gravity/kite/nuke in them camps. Please. Realistically what you're again like homie did earlier. Taking credit away. You're not belittling character. Belittling someones hard earned experience. Well not really. 37-75 in 2 1/2 weeks SOLO. I just can't agree w/ /rdm at low levels. NOW at 75. DUHHHH no one is talking about a 75 scholar man. I will agree in bibiki bay that will work as you do have a little room to kite. To think that sub works throughout the whole solo venture. Well you didn't solo it then. I don't care what you know, how good of a player you are, some pet camps, you can NOT kite in. So then what smartypants? I was never EVER trying to down someones knowledge, nor was I putting him down. I stated my experience w/ the job. Take it w/ a grain of salt. I shall "Cop Out" like everyone else does. It's just a game. Player skill don't matter, only gear does right? See how much I care to do this? I just realized you're same guy tried correct me about using /nin in BB. Let's call it good dude, I refuse to say what I learned is null. I ain't 75 cause I sucked at scholar. I CAN agree to disagree. Fact remains and what I said previous was. If you think it's a pain in the *** to level, go solo, I did and this is how. For you to try to correct my experience with the job, Unlike you, I'm not spouting off about some banned JP's members guide that I read. I'm spouting my personal experience. Is that ok with you "Mister"? Maybe next time instead of reciting someone elses guides. Recite you own knowledge, <Do you have it>?
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-28 07:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

who said I was talking about SCH/RDM @75 .. if there is some ignorant *** here .. I assure you it's not me ..

& yes I did solo sch ..if you're pussy enough to hide behind shadows , I wan't .. I took it as a man & did it the right way bind/gravity/nuke .. every camp can be done that way ..

again for someone sinking in stupidity like you I can't help it .. I said SCH @those levels range has no defensive methods when shadows goes down except sleep 1 which is alone not reliable alone .. but when BLM sub NIN solo : u have bind - stun - sleep 1/2 - sleepga 1/2 - spikes helps too & basically most pets can be 1 shotted even Rabbits if u r well geared *obviously you're not* .. 100 methods to survive but SCH once shadows are down sleep alone won't help it idiot even with Alacrity

I feel sorry to talk to scholar like you .. being noobs is ok , sucking @playing your job is ok, being ignorant is ok too but worst is when u don't have the intention to learn & make yourself better & argue about it ..

kaeko was banned for life yes but still his theories/experience/tests about the job were awesome .. not even 100 guides will change how u fail playing a job if u do .. & again I'm talking from a HUGE soloing EXP not only gear wise but skills too .. you're the one spamming Ebullience over Parsimony hi2u .. DMG/MP COST > DMG/CAST .. learn again & read .. lolignorant&blind

& no mister the gear helps but can't make u better player .. for a job that requires more than 3 brain cells to play .. I doubt it's yours ..

P.S: Keep your advice to yourself & play WoW.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-28 07:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

LMFAO, dude, give it up. Wanna slobber, look at my page and my gear, i've been to yours. Don't come knocking on this door if you can't make the sale. Trust me noob. You and your so called gear + achievements, can not. Again, you wanna call the Sch wrong. NP. wanna sit on your high horse cause you think your guides know all. Well allow me to try this. I edit wiki as I learn things that aren't posted. I guess what I'm getting at here is this. I to can post ***, I too can be wrong. I too can write a guide you'll think is correct. But reciting someones guide as if you're the man. Go suck his *** like you're doing here in text. Now as far as continuing this goes. I tried to be the adult and agree to disagree. I did ask to drop this that this type of idiocy isn't my style. But kid, I'll be damned if ima back down to your text. who quoted who to begin this? Now I shall end it.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1392045

By all means, do a comparison. Me vs. You. Thought you hide all your gear and gear swaps. Not proud enough? That's right, in this pissing contest. My *** is bigger. Get off your high horse child. To anyone that's witnessing this. I do apologize and it ends here. I've chosen to be disagreed with. Child, can you do that too? Cause I'm done. Only way this would ever be solved is standing you next to me in Mount Zhayholm and see who exp's better, faster, easier. It wont be you =) Now, I know I rekindled that spark you got up your ***. <That's too bad> I'm done. Again, my apologies to everyone who has to see this. This belonged in Messaging.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-28 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

best answer .. ignore the ignorant .. not wasting my time with some random sucky SCH - BLM or w/e

if the gear tell either u suck or not .. then most gilbuyers & stupidest players in FFXI would be awesome in your covenant ..

I don't have to show you my gear to tell you I'm that good .. enough said what I'm ..

I'm trying to prove a point which your mind is too thick that can't take .. Ebullience Vs Parsimony & /RDM *solo @low & high lvls* Vs /NIN .. if your stupidity drives you to compare gears {No Thanks} I care less to show you my gear & barge about it .. Note to you if you're trying to play SCH as BLM you better kill yourself or quit the job it just doesn't suit you

Scholar =/= Stupid, Stubborn, ***

sorry again people... the topic just took totally another curve cause of someone mindless enough to not read..
 Fairy.Fabiar
Server: Fairy
user: Fabiar
By Fairy.Fabiar 2009-01-28 10:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

thx guys very imformative. But does every post have to turn into a pissing contest D:
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-28 10:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess RDM/SCH is situational, as i feel having the old trusted /WHM-/BLM give more benefits. The 10% conserve trait is nice (if im right about it being 10%) and dark arts if your into your nukes.

Only ever read the original post then reply to that, judging what the text says above me proves my point as it seems to have no real relevance to the topic whatsoever.

Experiment and find out is the best way, then post your own results if you wish, but maybe not on these forums as you know what will happen....

GL :)
 Odin.Wiegraf
user: Weigraf
By Odin.Wiegraf 2009-01-28 10:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to sublimation for RDM it is not useless. Although different than WHM/SCH, I get about 270 MP with a fully charged Sublimation (WHM/SCH). RDM/SCH does Sublimation before a fight, burns through the MP a full Sublimation would give them, uses Sublimation to get to full MP then puts Refresh on They essentially got free MP for whatever buffs or enfeebles they did at the start of the fight. While Refresh does add more MP/tick than Sublimation, Sublimation carries from one zone to another while charging and even logging in/out (Not sure if Refresh does or not). It is also a job ability and not a spell so in areas such as sky where mobs aggro by magic, it will let you get some MP back while not being in danger.

/SCH at 75 gives 2 Stratagems which are great for being used with Cure IV and high MP cost spells. /SCH will also give the RDM Erase.

Light Arts: Casting time -10%, MP cost -10%, Recast time -10%.

Each of these are a huge bonus to any RDM main healing. Fast cast is already native to RDM and Light Arts beefs it up even more. Considering how much money people spend on +1 gear or just expensive gear that gives a flight boost to MP (Hedgehog Bomb) why not save yourself some money or even improve on it with an overall larger capacity for what spells you can cast. The recast time is essentially spell-only haste and for spells such as Erase, or essential -na spells like silena or paralyna who could complain.

I guess it is hit or miss, but /SCH is certainly not a bad thing.
 Kujata.Midknight
Server: Kujata
user: Midknight
By Kujata.Midknight 2009-01-28 12:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiegraf said:
/SCH will also give the RDM Erase.

SCH gets Erase at 39. Otherwise, good points.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to start any more bickering here, but these are reasons why I for MYSELF can justify NOT having SCH sub at all for my rdm and be just fine with it.

A: I'm too lazy to level another mage.

B: I don't see any reason to level scholar except for my WHM

C: It's a situational sub, i know what situation i'm going in to before i go to it.. always so i can always pick /whm or /blm or /drk or /nin.

D: MP isn't an issue for me having dalmatica, duelists chapeau, sanction refresh where applicable and refresh spell i dont even need ballad to make it between my converts in the fastest merit party ever so sublimation is a moot point, especially since it wont stack on refresh.

E: As RDM i NEVER find myself in a nuking role or even having time to be nuking even if i wanted to.

F: Divine/dark/healing skills are fine they way they are, since bio is like.. never resisted im fine with that, healing.. i'm not a WHM when i play rdm so my natural cap always works fine for me, not to mention i dont stack tons of -enm on rdm so me trying to do a whm job is only if they are out of MP in a real long fight. Divine magic ? wtf? does rdm even have any divine spells?

G: Fast cast = lol, sure its nice but as rdm i already have it. I dont need fast cast as whm to keep people alive, and i do just fine without it.

H: If i wanted really badly to play a different sub in a merit party, i'd opt for leveling /dnc sub, i've seen this work amazingly well when played properly and it looks fun ^.^
 Odin.Mikumaru
user:
By Odin.Mikumaru 2009-01-28 13:16:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/SCH is a good alternative to RDM/BLM in a mana burn party with the increased Elemental Magic skill . its also a good alternative to RDM/WHM in a small group (less than 3 total) . the lack of Curaga spells , Bar-ra spells , Reraise , and erase make it not very usefull in a PT without a WHM . Sublimation along with Parsimony/Penury is also a good alternative to Refresh. In short the only Party that RDM/SCH works well in is a Mana Burn other wise its a soloing combo .
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-28 14:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiegraf said:

/SCH at 75 gives 2 Stratagems which are great for being used with Cure IV and high MP cost spells. /SCH will also give the RDM Erase.

just correction .. Erase is lv39 for SCH main addenda .. so RDM can't have erase from /sch