Forum » FFXI » General » tons of anon traders running from npc to MH
tons of anon traders running from npc to MH
 Asura.Kathlyn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kathlyn
By Asura.Kathlyn 2009-02-10 06:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They were not real players. I stayed like 45min to see them and their name was Qwertyb, Qwertyc, QwertyD...WAR lvl1. Doing the same thing everytime : running to the NPC and /logout
 Hades.Arkhelshar
Server: Hades
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-02-10 07:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the starting weapon cannot be sold to npc according to wiki.

Could be trading their weapon + 60gil to a main do complete the quest "Donate to recycling" to get RA/EX WasteBucket and sell them for 500gil having to run all the way to Selbina?? - Doubt so...

And maybe some other main mule trade them items to complete some startup quest with these mules in starter towns...

Anyhow, as you all said so far, this sound very fishy ;)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Lobby
Server: Fairy
user: Lobby
By Fairy.Lobby 2009-06-05 08:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol i GMed that, and the GM told me they are all normal players.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-06-05 08:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Was in Windy doing the cornetts fame for a cooking mule of mine. Saw 4-5 /anon people next to the cornett trading npc in windy walls. I stood next to the npc and they would make several mistakes and trade me. They traded me about 15 cornetts bofore they figured out what was going on. The odd part about all this is they would "glitch" through the walls of the npc's house. Made me abit upset I go from bastok to windy with the new moogle transport and they glitching through walls>.> Well I did get free 15 cornetts with 200 gil from the trades each. I would assume they getting windy fame for Warp 2, tele mea etc. Next time your in Windy check it out they might be there again.
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-06-05 13:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ya ive seen these guys too
very random indeed! or was it.as u say it could be a very organised way of distributing gil.june 5th 2009 version update states dat the reason for update was a discovery that they made of genearating gil in an inappropraite manner maybe this sheds some light on it!
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-05 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lobby said:
Lol i GMed that, and the GM told me they are all normal players.

Yeah, ok...20 "normal" players that have gibberish names and question marks. Totally reasonable.
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-06-07 05:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ok something very fishy indeed! this morning i saw a mule named "jkl" stop at the wall to mog house in bastok mines.bumping into it he eventually went through the wall wtf! maybe something is broke there and just someone messin around or third party software or something more sinister<conspiracy theories> im gonna try it later maybe theres new zones u can visit this way!btw i was gonna gm but then i couldnt be arsed
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-07 06:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i always see this on gilgamesh outside bastok mines AH like 20 pppl random names /anon lvl 1 with starting gear, its obvious its rmt, i sit there and slap them
 Garuda.Rae
Server: Garuda
user: Rae
By Garuda.Rae 2009-06-11 19:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just
Rusko said:
Lol... so next thing se is gonna do is take away all starting gear. You start naked <|Bio|>tch!

Or they could just make starting items ALL rare/ex. They could also make it so that if you started a new job like RDM you could talk to the NPC level 5 or below on that job and recieve the rare/ex weapon/spell and not be able to sell it. Just toss it when you get to the next weapon.
 Garuda.Rae
Server: Garuda
user: Rae
By Garuda.Rae 2009-06-11 19:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taylore said:
Selbina has a nomad moogle so setting up for the Donate to Recycling quest isn't that much of a stretch. Onion weapons can be sent via delivery box.

That is a distinct possibility. What is the reward from that quest anyway? Never did it. lol
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-11 20:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been going on for a year or more. It's just extremely noticeable now that most ppl in Bastok set their homepoint to Bastok Mines -- where the OP NPC is.

It's definitely RMT -- I had one randomly trade me a few months back, put up exactly 2 million gil in the trade box, wait like 20 seconds, then cancel.

All names like: aaaabc, aaaabd, aaaabe, aaaabf, aaaabg

User submitted image
[+]