New Magian Weather Bonus?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » New Magian Weather bonus?
New Magian Weather bonus?
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-09 00:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just killing crabs in Vunkeri Inlet, and was getting credit for 5 kills by killing just 1 crab in double lighting weather. There were 2 elementals floating around. I'm pretty sure this is diffent because before update i know I killed rabbits in double ice weather, and only got credit for 1 kill.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-09-09 00:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it does seem SE have changed the way objectives are counted in Magian Trials, a very sweet addition indeed.

It's 1 kill during the day of the week, 5 for during weather.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if they just added a bit more fire weather to the respective zones, the world would be awesome again.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-09 00:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xynthios said:
Yes it does seem SE have changed the way objectives are counted in Magian Trials, a very sweet addition indeed.

It's 1 kill during the day of the week, 5 for during weather.
thats pretty epic!
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-09 00:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. it distinctly has the "Too good to be true" feel to it. I'd get as many trials done as possible before they correct it. No way they wanted you to be able to complete a 50 kill trials in < 10 kills.

I've done 5 full trials tonight alone...
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
I dunno. it distinctly has the "Too good to be true" feel to it. I'd get as many trials done as possible before they correct it. No way they wanted you to be able to complete a 50 kill trials in < 10 kills.

Eh those starting trials are meant to be quick and easy. The later trials will last a lot longer. Just wait til you hit the level 80+ trials. Things will pick up and it'll take a lot longer to complete.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 00:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

U tried trading ursine to npc oddin? Tiger said no I wanna know if someone has. I just made a thread lising the plus one staff trials that I can check on.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-09 00:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Eh those starting trials are meant to be quick and easy. The later trials will last a lot longer. Just wait til you hit the level 80+ trials. Things will pick up and it'll take a lot longer to complete.

No offense but if you haven't done the spider or slime trial for the staffs then you have no idea what agony is..

This is literally quintupling my productivity. I sure hope it's intended but i highly doubt it.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't. I'm currently not playing the game at the moment. Taking a little break to spend some time with the family.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

No offense but if you haven't done the spider or slime trial for the staffs then you have no idea what agony is..

This is literally quintupling my productivity. I sure hope it's intended but i highly doubt it.

Do 450 Apkallu... that's agony.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
No offense but if you haven't done the spider or slime trial for the staffs then you have no idea what agony is.. This is literally quintupling my productivity. I sure hope it's intended but i highly doubt it.

I disagree with you tbh as blm its not that bad to do weather ones at all I start by aga3 mobs get them to 5% sleepga1 >> hunt another take it down low sleepga2 the whole lot >> rest >> wen they wake and I got mp >> sleepga1 >> hunt another get it down >> add to the pack sleepga2 etc.
Staff trials do suck no doubt about it but the weather coming and going Id say has its benefits being mage over melee. As soon as that weather does pop bam you got 10+ kills done in 1 aga.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-09 00:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

and if your working on any occ. atk. X, or relic that just needs tuns of X in any weather.. your still screwed up the *** with a barbwire wraped rusty iron fist
 Carbuncle.Lileana
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-09 00:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do 450 Apkallu... that's agony.

Check your Log when you get on. Katana's Apkallu Changed to Manticores.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-09 00:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
No offense but if you haven't done the spider or slime trial for the staffs then you have no idea what agony is.. This is literally quintupling my productivity. I sure hope it's intended but i highly doubt it.

I disagree with you tbh as blm its not that bad to do weather ones at all I start by aga3 mobs get them to 5% sleepga1 >> hunt another take it down low sleepga2 the whole lot >> rest >> wen they wake and I got mp >> sleepga1 >> hunt another get it down >> add to the pack sleepga2 etc.
Staff trials do suck no doubt about it but the weather coming and going Id say has its benefits being mage over melee. As soon as that weather does pop bam you got 10+ kills done in 1 aga.

Well as a sch i dont have the luxury of a single useful -ga spell...
 Asura.Zman
Server: Asura
user: Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-09 02:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
U tried trading ursine to npc oddin? Tiger said no I wanna know if someone has. I just made a thread lising the plus one staff trials that I can check on.

I traded mine, but the next trial just showed the same ursine claws, with just a lower delay, same dmg, and no other stats.
I didn't accept the trial, and I didn't bother to check the conditions because the reward seemed meh
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 02:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I disagree with you tbh as blm its not that bad to do weather ones at all I start by aga3 mobs get them to 5% sleepga1 >> hunt another take it down low sleepga2 the whole lot >> rest >> wen they wake and I got mp >> sleepga1 >> hunt another get it down >> add to the pack sleepga2 etc. Staff trials do suck no doubt about it but the weather coming and going Id say has its benefits being mage over melee. As soon as that weather does pop bam you got 10+ kills done in 1 aga.
Well as a sch i dont have the luxury of a single useful -ga spell...
Drainga!!!
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 02:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zman said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
I traded mine, but the next trial just showed the same ursine claws, with just a lower delay, same dmg, and no other stats.
I didn't accept the trial, and I didn't bother to check the conditions because the reward seemed meh

Exactly what I anticipated and told Tiger lower delay no change to the 0dmg, will/does this change the 5 hit build at all? Is the question.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 02:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

idk about the claws but the 2-3 swd only gets +4 dmg... oh and it is 700 vermin
 Asura.Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-09 12:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Asura.Zman said:
Sylph.Krsone said:

Exactly what I anticipated and told Tiger lower delay no change to the 0dmg, will/does this change the 5 hit build at all? Is the question.

My guess is no, the only thing that would affect is regular H2H, which just made me think of somethin...
SKILLUPS!!!!! I'm gonna use my ursine w/ regular h2h for "mad skeelz" till h2h is capped again haha
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 12:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H's apkallu changed to imps.

Apkallu are removed from all of them.

*** YEAH SEA KING.
 Asura.Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-09 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

apkallu were fore mun tho... i had alot of fun pretending i was in an anime movie with my running Tornado Kicks

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGING KICK!!!!! /wooooooooooooo
/strobelights GO
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-09-09 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zman said:
apkallu were fore mun tho... i had alot of fun pretending i was in an anime movie with my running Tornado Kicks

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGING KICK!!!!! /wooooooooooooo
/strobelights GO

LOL I have awhile before I can relate to this :D
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-08 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say that this is made of win. I'm doing multiple axes also, and I'm getting stuff like 150 diremite, with my next trial being 150 vermin. I just had the same thing bombs then arcana. Thank you SE, you've done me well. I can easily finish an entire axe from 75 - 85 in 2-3 days, and this makes life *** awesome.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-08 09:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to this I finished 400 malboros during wind weather for my evasion daggers in a couple hours. I only wish SE would do something similar for the non-weather trials. Maybe they could add that if you kill an NM of the current trial's family it counts for 50 kills XD