Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I see good things coming from this thread.
Lol, I was hoping to get some actual feedback about it. Then again this is ah.
It's beta testing, I'd imagine there's a way to report errors and criticize through the game or something. Try that. What is the point of the mission/enemy/whatever, BTW? I'm hoping to get to try FFXIV soonish.
This is true, I just know a good amount of people here are playing it as well, thought maybe they've encountered the same thing. Essentially you have these camps that act as the central point for your leves, and there are three different types, crafting, battlecraft, and gathering (though they are called other things, just for simplicities sake). For the battlecraft leves it's what you'd expect, gathering quests involve changing your class to the respective harvesting class and going to different waypoints that are also nodes. The really annoying thing in this particular area is that the leves path you through extremely narrow areas with tons of aggro mobs that you can't hope to beat solo, despite selecting a "Solo" difficulty. It's actually rather entertaining you get to watch people fall dead quite often, just sucks when its you lol.

I'd say "Be patient" but I'm not sure of the actual mechanics. Try teaming up, if the mobs are pre-spawned, maybe they don't change difficulty, maybe a team can kill them. Then again, this is just my very uneducated guess.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 19:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
It's beta testing, I'd imagine there's a way to report errors and criticize through the game or something. Try that. What is the point of the mission/enemy/whatever, BTW? I'm hoping to get to try FFXIV soonish.
This is true, I just know a good amount of people here are playing it as well, thought maybe they've encountered the same thing. Essentially you have these camps that act as the central point for your leves, and there are three different types, crafting, battlecraft, and gathering (though they are called other things, just for simplicities sake). For the battlecraft leves it's what you'd expect, gathering quests involve changing your class to the respective harvesting class and going to different waypoints that are also nodes. The really annoying thing in this particular area is that the leves path you through extremely narrow areas with tons of aggro mobs that you can't hope to beat solo, despite selecting a "Solo" difficulty. So while you're defenseless as a gatherer you get raped, and when you're trying to kill things you're getting beat on by aggro lol. It's actually rather entertaining you get to watch people fall dead quite often, just sucks when its you lol.
Penis.
By Randomguy 2010-09-06 19:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Randomguy said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
This is true, I just know a good amount of people here are playing it as well, thought maybe they've encountered the same thing. Essentially you have these camps that act as the central point for your leves, and there are three different types, crafting, battlecraft, and gathering (though they are called other things, just for simplicities sake). For the battlecraft leves it's what you'd expect, gathering quests involve changing your class to the respective harvesting class and going to different waypoints that are also nodes. The really annoying thing in this particular area is that the leves path you through extremely narrow areas with tons of aggro mobs that you can't hope to beat solo, despite selecting a "Solo" difficulty. So while you're defenseless as a gatherer you get raped, and when you're trying to kill things you're getting beat on by aggro lol. It's actually rather entertaining you get to watch people fall dead quite often, just sucks when its you lol.
Penis.
still trying too hard
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 19:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Randomguy said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Penis.
still penis is too hard
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-09-06 19:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
This is true, I just know a good amount of people here are playing it as well, thought maybe they've encountered the same thing. Essentially you have these camps that act as the central point for your leves, and there are three different types, crafting, battlecraft, and gathering (though they are called other things, just for simplicities sake). For the battlecraft leves it's what you'd expect, gathering quests involve changing your class to the respective harvesting class and going to different waypoints that are also nodes. The really annoying thing in this particular area is that the leves path you through extremely narrow areas with tons of aggro mobs that you can't hope to beat solo, despite selecting a "Solo" difficulty. It's actually rather entertaining you get to watch people fall dead quite often, just sucks when its you lol.

I'd say "Be patient" but I'm not sure of the actual mechanics. Try teaming up, if the mobs are pre-spawned, maybe they don't change difficulty, maybe a team can kill them. Then again, this is just my very uneducated guess.

Tried grouping up with two others, 3 people on solo difficulty still had problems lol. HOPEFULLY it's just this area, I have alts in the other cities anyhow
By Randomguy 2010-09-06 19:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 19:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:

Touche.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-30 08:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you like start a gathering quest and change your job to a Pugilist to clear the aggros, then switch back to gatherer and move on?

Or will changing weapon automatically forfeit levelquest?

PWR!

Power Nexus / Power Cookie - Figaro
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-10-13 14:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
Can you like start a gathering quest and change your job to a Pugilist to clear the aggros, then switch back to gatherer and move on?

Or will changing weapon automatically forfeit levelquest?

PWR!

Power Nexus / Power Cookie - Figaro

You can change class to kill mobs if you need to, just the op is too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to think of that one
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-10-13 17:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you do realize you can out run aggro mobs right..... they only follow you a short distance
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-13 17:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

(even with a group of three we couldn't pull of a leve) to advance.

People Can't read. Can you picture a group of Crafting classes try to fight a mob? Also he said "even crafting leves" so in general all leves in that camp must pass by the group of wolf and even with 3 ppl you get *** raped by them.

So yeah... GL with that o.o
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-10-13 18:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

its really not hard, i do it all the time with harvest leves. if you think the wolves are bad wait till you run across the fish >.>
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-13 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted this over on the XI forums.

That's the map and screenshots of an XIV zone, identifying how nearly every feature on the map is a rotated cut-paste of other features.

Yes, that's the same pond copied 11 times on one map. And the same rock + road formation seen four times next to one another.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-13 19:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Someone posted this over on the XI forums. That's the map and screenshots of an XIV zone, identifying how nearly every feature on the map is a rotated cut-paste of other features. Yes, that's the same pond copied 11 times on one map. And the same rock + road formation seen four times next to one another.

/facepalm

didn't they say everything was "unique" ?

I'm slowly losing my faith in this game :(

I feel great things coming from it, but if they don't start it soon they'll end up losing way too many customers.
By Enternius 2010-10-13 19:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Someone posted this over on the XI forums.

That's the map and screenshots of an XIV zone, identifying how nearly every feature on the map is a rotated cut-paste of other features.

Yes, that's the same pond copied 11 times on one map. And the same rock + road formation seen four times next to one another.
The only reason you don't notice it on FFXI is because they're not *** listed on the map. Seriously, go play FFXI. Go to any zone, and stand in any place. You can see the same thing repeated 3 times or more just from where you're standing.

Just give it a rest, there's no way to make everything on a map completely unique without taking months per map or using WoW graphics.
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-14 01:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

QQ

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Shaone
Server: Valefor
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-10-14 07:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's all covered in the back story... one of the NPCs mentions the world was originally created by 2 deities: Nymeia, The Spinner and Copypasta, The Cloner.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-14 07:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when FFXI came out. The mobs in Garliage Citadel would aggro and kill everyone in their path. Then they wouldnt de-pop, they just sat there, waiting. Then I had to wander through areas where assbackwards was actually the right way.

/shifty eyes