Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-25 22:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, i cant help but lol over the name they chose. followed by

"The Gilded Tomb"

"This is a tool that bans specific characters the moment that they possess over a certain amount of gil.
This is used on characters who surface on the RMT-PWNER's correlation chart who are thought to potentially become gil mules. They will be banned once they satisfy certain criteria."

I'd like to know how much gil SE allows you to have before they ban you. And also i want to know what chances that they will ban my "Bank mule". I'm sure I'm not the only one in game that uses a mule to hold the majority of the gil. For me, its just easier that way, using 2 computers and 2 accounts, whenevr i need something I buy it in jeuno with mule and send to main char. Having my mule banned would be almost as bad as having main char banned >.<

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4008/detail.html
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2009-01-25 22:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"This is used on characters who surface on the RMT-PWNER's correlation chart who are thought to potentially become gil mules."

This is the key here. They must be identified as having RMT connections through the RMT-PWNER before the gilded tomb would even apply. As long as you're not participating in RMT activities, you'll be fine no matter how much gil your mules possess.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-25 23:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
First off, i cant help but lol over the name they chose.

I think they should equip all the GM's with a weapon with that name. The "RMT PWNER V1337" Staff, Latent effect: Banned.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
Server: Pandemonium
user: Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 23:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

they said certain criteria, so im thinking things like chars account age + levels + certain patterns of receiving and sending gil, ect
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-25 23:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Corwen said:
"This is used on characters who surface on the RMT-PWNER's correlation chart who are thought to potentially become gil mules." This is the key here. They must be identified as having RMT connections through the RMT-PWNER before the gilded tomb would even apply. As long as you're not participating in RMT activities, you'll be fine no matter how much gil your mules possess.

How do you know that SE dont think it's RMT activity if you have a mule with x million gil on it, and constatly sending your main char gil?
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 23:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i already made a post about people becoming paranoid about these instant banning things. i talked to a GM and he said if you dont bot you shuld be fine
 Titan.Emperorzar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Emperorzar 2009-01-25 23:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I would specualte in the end that SE can track all your transactions. If they see that a char or mule just got 10 mil. then that would would be a no brainer. They find out who sent it and where that gil came from. Hell, I bet they can even track your NPC transactions. If they see you been accumulating through your own mules and means I would think you would be safe no matter. As far as dual boxing/consoling goes, it's a simple matter of IP address.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-25 23:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope not. Its just a convenience to have gil on a mule. Who wants to travel to WG or Jeuno to buy something only to have to make your way back to the past.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-01-26 00:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its probably more like seeing a Lv.1 "Zbvvbz" send out 10m gil to multiple people they have no connections with.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-26 00:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

my mule is on another account, so there's no real connection there really.

edit: by real i mean physical.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-26 01:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a mule on my old server, i garden gil for a friend
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Server: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2009-01-26 01:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of pwning RMT, here's a pic from RMT-MPKFEST '07, I was PLD/RDM and pulling Banshees to the wall o fishbotters, sleeping them and logging hate. Every time i see this it brings a smile to my face =)

User submitted image

That's not my character in the middle, I was logged out when this screenie was snapped :D

User submitted image

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-01-26 01:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lulzy :)
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-26 02:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i'm gonan try that myself!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-26 02:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still questioning this "new tool", everyone knows that everything that is "new" have bugs. Make me think that this tool of theirs will have bugs, and if it will ban ppl per automatic it will ban ppl that hasnt done anything, just because they fulfill a certain criteria that SE have forgotten can be interpreted in more than one way. Just look at everything that are released, games, programs, operation systems, they all have bugs when they are new. Are they test running it on the servers we play on to see how many innocent ppl it will autoban? or do they have a test server with with all kinds of different players and RMT's that they test run this tool on, and see how many RMT's vs non-RMT's it will ban?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-26 03:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

who knows... this is why your not supposed to know.
... to keep you on your toes....

Should you or should you not??

hmmmm?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-26 03:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
who knows... this is why your not supposed to know. ... to keep you on your toes.... Should you or should you not?? hmmmm?

not really, more like, will all my hard work be lost because their new "RMT-PWNER V1.337 super tool" have bugs in it? i.e Windows release a new operation system, its supposed to be super duper awsome in every way, but they missed 1 tiny little thing, so my computer is filled up with every virus and worms there is, I lose all info i have on my computer = SE comes up with this super duper RMT-PWNER and its gonna clean up all servers from all RMT's, but THEY missed out on 1 tiny little thing, and all of a sudden random ppl gets banned because their tool says they should.
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-26 03:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one in game that uses a mule to hold the majority of the gil. For me, its just easier that way, using 2 computers and 2 accounts, whenevr i need something I buy it in jeuno with mule and send to main char.

I would never have more then one account that is $24+ a month which is WAY too much to play this game, that extra $12 goes to things like food, then again I am just a college student

which remind me why he hell people have even more then 1 account somtimes, thats more and more money you have to spend it seems ridiculous
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-26 05:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Azarasi said:
I would never have more then one account that is $24+ a month which is WAY too much to play this game, that extra $12 goes to things like food, then again I am just a college student which remind me why he hell people have even more then 1 account somtimes, thats more and more money you have to spend it seems ridiculous

ppl spend their money on different things, i dont drink for example, saves me a bunch of money every month. 1 night out will pay for like 20 accounts or more lol.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-26 05:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Daddyx said:
Speaking of pwning RMT, here's a pic from RMT-MPKFEST '07, I was PLD/RDM and pulling Banshees to the wall o fishbotters, sleeping them and logging hate. Every time i see this it brings a smile to my face =)

User submitted image

That's not my character in the middle, I was logged out when this screenie was snapped :D

User submitted image

I lol'd so much xD Especially at the way their corpses are in a neat line @_@
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-26 05:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Azarasi said:
Zanno said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one in game that uses a mule to hold the majority of the gil. For me, its just easier that way, using 2 computers and 2 accounts, whenevr i need something I buy it in jeuno with mule and send to main char.
I would never have more then one account that is $24+ a month which is WAY too much to play this game, that extra $12 goes to things like food, then again I am just a college student which remind me why he hell people have even more then 1 account somtimes, thats more and more money you have to spend it seems ridiculous

I live with my fiance,we both play FFXI and have to have two accounts so we can play together,here in the UK it is £8.99 per month and £0.70 per character on top of that.I have a main character,an alt and 4 mules on my account,my fiance has similar.

We don't go out drinking etc. so this is what we spend the money on instead :)
 Ragnarok.Karolann
Server: Ragnarok
user: karolann
By Ragnarok.Karolann 2009-01-26 07:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are getting worried over very little. If indeed you are innocent then the reason for being banned would be disputable in the end with a GM. I really don't think SE would have made an auto-ban system that they felt had much chance of banning someone innocent. They have explained in their post about the RMT-PWNER V.1337 how it goes about finding someone involved in RMT. Unless you're distributing suspicious amounts of gil from your mules consistantly, I highly doubt that you'll ever have any trouble. And again, if you ever do, it isn't as if they don't have records of all your transactions and it would be possible to discuss the ban with a GM. It isn't that difficult to understand: do the right thing and avoid activities which are against ToS, and you will be just fine.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-26 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from the FFXIclopedia.org's Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival 2008 Live Blog:

Ganiman: Countermeasure #1 - Enter the RMT-PWNER (v1.337)
Ganiman: this is actually a tool they use
Ganiman: it can track the gil and where it goes
gahoo: so they can take action faster and more broadly

User submitted image
gahoo: that's the new method to ban based on tracking RMT gil sales
Comment From Angelena(remora): so instead of targeting the sources they hitting every stop along the way too?
gahoo: that seems to be the concept
 Asura.Farmdog
Server: Asura
user: Farmdog
By Asura.Farmdog 2009-01-26 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As the tool is used, as long as you are not connected to someone known for RMT activity you will not be under suspicion. I thought there was a patch a year or two ago that placed a 1 mil limit on how much gil you can send through the DB. If there isn't such a limit I would expect any transactions above a certain amount (possibly as low as 100k) would be tracked by this tool.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-26 10:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

...and the reason I have multiple accts is b/c I garden, and the reason I garden is to make more money so ic an afford the things i can and to buy the OUTRAGOEUS 20 Mill gil ppl post for items..

and you wonder where the gil is? C'mon SE.. get your prioities right... there is no new gil being introduced, unless if you think 300,000 gil from my gardening is introducing gil.

Hell I use that to pay off debts to ppl owed in game and food stuffs.

IDK what ppl are thinking..

plus I don't hold money on my mule.. just my main.