Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2010-09-03 05:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix said:
Quote:
-Summoners level 76 and above will see a decrease in the amount of MP required to sustain summoned avatars.

- The following blood pacts will have their effect duration lengthened commensurate with summoning magic skill, regardless of whether or not the skill has been increased to its maximum:
Shining Ruby / Glittering Ruby / Hastega / Crimson Howl / Frost Armor / Rolling Thunder / Lightning Armor / Ecliptic Growl / Ecliptic Howl / Noctoshield / Dream Shroud

- The maximum amount of MP drainable using the summoner ability "Elemental Siphon" will be increased.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-03 05:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems like an awesome update for SMN.
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-03 05:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A very nice update indeed hehe
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-03 23:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, my poor friend sold their Summoning Earring when they realized Elemental siphon capped (and they hit the cap)

Now they'll need to rebuy it, and prices will likely jump again due to everyone who may have done that >.>;
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-09-04 00:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I LOVE YOU SE
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2010-09-04 01:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say is win, SE. Very win. Especially since I just recapped my Summoning Magic skill. xD Now I really want that Augur body from the Abyssea UFO just for those BP: Wards...
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-04 02:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

o wut? They did it right! Win! Thank you SE for making me fall in love with smn again <3! ;3
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-09-04 02:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was unaware of the cap until this thread. Nice of them to fix that.

The perp costs were due, though. Beforehand, our perp cost went up every 8-9 levels, and with the 75->80 update we saw two increases in five levels. That pissed me off to no end, and fixing that along with Jump recast merits makes me quite happy with this update.

'cept Spirit Jump has no damage mod, and therefore sucks.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-04 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
I was unaware of the cap until this thread. Nice of them to fix that.

The perp costs were due, though. Beforehand, our perp cost went up every 8-9 levels, and with the 75->80 update we saw two increases in five levels. That pissed me off to no end, and fixing that along with Jump recast merits makes me quite happy with this update.

'cept Spirit Jump has no damage mod, and therefore sucks.

That perp Increased pissed me off a fair amount too, it basically required you to have a -5 Perp staff just to keep your Perpuation the same as it was at level 75... which was horse *** =|

Also:

From what i understand about Spirit Jump, with a Wyvern out it grants almost no Enmity at all, yet they said they had plans to "enhance it further" >.>; wonder how that'll go.