God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 38 39 40
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
"I saw a special on Discovery where this guy that was a janitor disproved Hawking in his theory of black holes and he diasappearance of light into one...... just cuz he is brilliant doesnt mean he's right bout everything...... he cant get out to see the world anyway.......unless he puts some 4x4 and mud tires on that go cart of his....."

lol.. someone has seen Good Will Hunting a few too many times.
at least he makes money, kiddo.

and a cripple

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate?

Just wondering because I'll just leave now.

do you believe or not believe?

I believe that there is not a god in the traditional sense, but I also believe to completely deny any possibility of a higher power would be ignorant due to how little we know in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying there's a god that created us for one second, I'm just saying for how completely ignorant we are, it would be arrogance to claim to know anything within a shadow of a doubt.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate? Just wondering because I'll just leave now.
I believe that there is not a god in the traditional sense, but I also believe to completely deny any possibility of a higher power would be ignorant due to how little we know in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying there's a god that created us for one second, I'm just saying for how completely ignorant we are, it would be arrogance to claim to know anything within a shadow of a doubt.

Prepare to be flamed for itelligent response.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
It's funny how the argument of god exists morphs every time to it's advantage to 'prove' of his existence, and each time it gets turned down miserably.

I see men defending god so fiercely, it truly makes me believe it's a creation of mankind.

When I was 14 I almost died. but luckily I was fine, paramedics got there. It is the story of what happened before they got there.

But no I think I should keep my mouth shut about that.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

a year ago I almost died, yes, not sharing how, and today I still hate to hear 'god saved you that day' come out of my mothers mouth.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate? Just wondering because I'll just leave now.
I believe that there is not a god in the traditional sense, but I also believe to completely deny any possibility of a higher power would be ignorant due to how little we know in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying there's a god that created us for one second, I'm just saying for how completely ignorant we are, it would be arrogance to claim to know anything within a shadow of a doubt.

I'm sure I'll get lots of "Your opinion wrong and here is why" soon enough.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I don't think he should be flame for that, that's what he believes.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate?

I believe that there is not a god in the traditional sense, but I also believe to completely deny any possibility of a higher power would be ignorant due to how little we know in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying there's a god that created us for one second, I'm just saying for how completely ignorant we are, it would be arrogance to claim to know anything within a shadow of a doubt.

So you proved my point, I say the same thing but i hide between the fences staying neutral. You yourself just gave such a arrogant statement. If humans are arrogant for wanting to know the truth, that includes you too. I always say there is something out there, wait ... I "think" there is something out there.

So I am arrogant for saying such a thing?

The human race are not the only beings in the universe, I say this. Does this make me arrogant also, because it is a known fact. there are plenty of galaxies unless it is reflections of only our galaxy when it was in it's building stage, in some infinite time loop...
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
a year ago I almost died, yes, not sharing how, and today I still hate to hear 'god saved you that day' come out of my mothers mouth.

or Grandmother, lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

So you proved my point, I say the same thing but i hide between the fences staying neutral. You yourself just gave such a arrogant statement. If humans are arrogant for wanting to know the truth, that includes you too. I always say there is something out there, wait ... I "think" there is something out there.

The human race are not the only beings in the universe, I say this. Does this make me arrogant also, because it is a known fact. there are plenty of galaxies unless it is reflections of only our galaxy when it was in it's building stage, in some infinite time loop...

No. You say things like "I can remember from when I was 1, so this proves that we get reincarnated"

My post was complete subjective opinion.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

That is not it but thanks lol...

I do not feel like getting into it, but I know what I saw ;/. The feeling of knowing you are going to die could have died and have been saved etc.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

or Grandmother, lol

What irks me is the fact that they don't give any credit to the neighbors who helped me.

Post deleted by User.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If no one has not been close to dying before, of have died they are the ones who know the answers btw...

what it feels like what goes through your mind etc, and what you see.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost died and science saved my ***.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No. You say things like "I can remember from when I was 1, so this proves that we get reincarnated"

I can remember up to 3 months old to be exact.

There was some famous Russian inventor who remembered his memories from inside the womb, feel stupid yet?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'd also like to point out how you're putting words into the post that wasn't there. I at no point said the human race was arrogant for wanting to know more, I said the human race is arrogant for thinking they know anything within a shadow of a doubt.

Reading comprehension stan.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:

Not really, just saying.

If I get sick or someone gets sick, I go to a hospital. Not a church.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just saying.

Yeah me too since god can't cure or save ***.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just saying.

Yeah lol, I wonder why people can't understand that.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I can remember up to 3 months old to be exact.

There was some famous Russian inventor who remembered his memories from inside the womb, feel stupid yet?

Because being Russian, and an inventor suddenly makes anything you say completely true when there is no proof to back it up.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just saying.

Beats me...

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
What I don't get more than the religion vs. science argument is wtf is Stan still posting under that profile?

Because he's proud of being a cheese eating surrender monkey.

Post deleted by User.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just saying.

Beats me...

Did Etie just bring up that story about the Russian and his memories.

When it has been scientifically proven you can't remember anything vividly except short bursts of images before the age of 4? And anything at all before the age of 1?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

EtienneLoire said:
If no one has not been close to dying before, of have died they are the ones who know the answers btw...

what it feels like what goes through your mind etc, and what you see.
i was dead for a couple, and i still dont know the answers. nope.

not trollin either
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 38 39 40