users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xbow skillup
Xbow skillup
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-25 01:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just taking suggestions for where to solo using my THF to do this... Current Skill level is 200, and cap is 218.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign battle without tags.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-25 01:57:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Sleep bolts are your besssstttt friend <3

That is all.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-25 02:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sleep bolts are your besssstttt friend &lt;3

That is all.

Well duh! I'm trying to skill up so that my RATK hits darn it! ^^

So far no one's made any earth shattering suggestions... ; ; Campaign battle only allows skillup to about 150 or so I've been told. Where are my fellow thieves at? I'm curious to get their opinion and see what they did...
 Lakshmi.Franklyn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Franklyn
By Lakshmi.Franklyn 2009-01-25 02:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have /RNG you can try to shoot marid in wajaom for a bit and flee to aydeween(sp), I did that for a few levels with my 67 THF, a decent way to skillup marks/arch and eva if you have barrage, apart from a skillup party.
 Cerberus.Rozes
Server: Cerberus
user: Rozes
By Cerberus.Rozes 2009-01-25 02:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged.

~Rozes
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-25 02:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a rng and always used a longbow. When the time came to skill up xbow, I used sleep bolts, as Art said, and stood near a zone while I shot in case the crap hit the fan. Just don't engage and you'll be alright. You can take EV-T mobs with sleep bolts as long as you don't miss too much.
 Fairy.Evanthegai
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Evanthegai 2009-01-25 03:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually if u want to skill up and are good with keeping shadows up then head to the nyzul isle staging point and pick off one of the rng qirin's... i capped marksmanship with corsair that way
 Fenrir.Rrylia
Server: Fenrir
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-01-25 06:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Try Boyhada Tree Crabs, of one variety or another. Slow as hell swings, so its pretty each to keep shadows up, can camp near zone into the Ramuh Avatar zone, and just spam away with sleep bolts.

Thats how I levelled most of mine, can usually push through 3-4 levels per mob (but don't get me wrong, it takes ages to kill them). Personally, I've not tried this past about 200, as I capped mine in Dynamis pulling stones :O
 Fairy.Cintars
Server: Fairy
user: cintars
By Fairy.Cintars 2009-01-25 07:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i caped mine in the boyhada tree on steel shells if u a 70+ thf just thf/nin bring bloody bolts and sleep bolts and macro both in and sleep bolt them down unless u need to cap eva then use bloody bolts and shadows thats how i caped eva and xbow