users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Amnesty
Amnesty
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 03:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for a new thread for the trolls and good boys and girls to have fun on... the dupe thread was getting old...

How bad/funny/awesome/fair/messed up would this be? Come April First SE comes out and publishes a list of 12 names for each server on the POL website and asks the players of each server to vote on who should be allowed to come back from banishment?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 03:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Like that would happen. Might as well have SE make an announcement saying that everyone is getting 1 million gil for free, then put their RMT finder on everyone who has 1 million and 1 gil or more and perma's them for being RMT.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 03:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

you noticed the date I set.... APRIL 1st...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 03:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What about it?

SE's offices are in Japan.

Japan doesn't do April Fools Day.

April 1st is just another day for them.

So, you could still say that they would do that, and it would seem perfectly honest in my eyes, since they don't understand the concept of "playing evil jokes on one/another."
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 03:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh... you are that dense... haha... obvious joke thread from the way I wrote from the get-go. Not a chance of hell of this being meant to be taken as a serious thread... On that note, off to sleep for a few hours...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 03:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointing out a flaw in your joke thread is not dense.

Nobody here would have taken you seriously, since most people would have figured out about the April 1st part of it.

I'm not even sure anyone outside of America actually do April Fools Day anyway, maybe we can make this failed excuse of a thread about that instead.

BTW, being serious does not make someone dense >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 04:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you from, and how cruel are the jokes?
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-24 05:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

why don't they just take all the gil that is now out of circulation from them and split it up amongst us?
 Sylph.Evy
Server: Sylph
user: evyevy
By Sylph.Evy 2009-01-24 05:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Uk does april fools jokes and they are pretty harsh sometimes like telling you your perant died in a car cash
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-24 06:05:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Japan do April Fools jokes. And about everyone in Europe.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 07:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nours said:
Japan do April Fools jokes. And about everyone in Europe.

I was unaware of this tidbit of information, I guess I will find out this April.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 12:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW Korp.... I wouldn't have posted if I didn't know... My bro has spent several years in JP doing various things and it is he whom I ask questions concerning JP culture being that he's lived it. Fact is buddy, there are a lot of US/Western things that have been picked up, adapted and added to the culture there... best example is that they celebrate Christmas there, bet you didn't know that?

As for April fools it's done as well but profuse apologies are given after the joke is sprung. Fact is everyone can appreciate a joke... some more so than others I guess...
 Carbuncle.Dronzer
Server: Carbuncle
user: Dronzer
By Carbuncle.Dronzer 2009-01-24 13:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you're too new to know, SE played a joke on everyone -last- April Fools, so don't put it passed the Square Enix team to not do it...
 Leviathan.Niobi
Server: Leviathan
user: Niobi
By Leviathan.Niobi 2009-01-24 13:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
What about it?

SE's offices are in Japan.

Japan doesn't do April Fools Day.

April 1st is just another day for them.

"

last april fools SE played the joke saying that they were gonna terminate FFXI altogether, so yes they play april fools jokes

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 16:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
BTW Korp.... I wouldn't have posted if I didn't know... My bro has spent several years in JP doing various things and it is he whom I ask questions concerning JP culture being that he's lived it. Fact is buddy, there are a lot of US/Western things that have been picked up, adapted and added to the culture there... best example is that they celebrate Christmas there, bet you didn't know that? As for April fools it's done as well but profuse apologies are given after the joke is sprung. Fact is everyone can appreciate a joke... some more so than others I guess...

Now I know you have no clue in what you are saying.

They don't celebrate the day, they celebrate the commercialization of Christmas.

How do I know? I'm currently in Japan at the moment, and have been here since August 27th, 2008. I was here during Christmas, the month leading up to it, and the days after it.

They don't celebrate the day.

If your brother was here, and was invited by Japanese Christians to celebrate Christmas, then your brother was very lucky to know Japanese Christians, because there are not a lot of them here.

Fun Fact: NHK did a survey asking Japanese people what their religion is (religion defined as a practice of rituals on a daily basis) and the highest % of people who responded which religion they belong to was Shinto for a whopping 11%. Buddhist came in a close second at 10%. Christianity? I believe it was 1%, maybe less.

How do I know this? I took a Religion in Japan class here, and my prof gave us the survey results (translated of course, I suck at Japanese). So basically, if you do have any clue into Japanese Culture, it is 2nd-hand information at best (limited 2nd hand information from what I can gather). Before you assume that you know a culture, at least live in that culture for 3+ months.

P.S. In this statement, I never assumed I know a culture, I'm just aware that there are many things that they adapted here from Western Cultures, but mostly kept their own cultures intact.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-01-24 17:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using a windower to simultaneously make this thread and the game unbearable?
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-01-24 17:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg, it's not worth getting in a text war with him. In his last thread he had to start explaining how he studied law and blah blah blah. He's just a "My dad can beat up your dad" guy, no way around it.

I know this because I asked my cousin's best friend who dated a girl who just got out of Jail, and his cell mate told me so.

Malekith said:

Grammatical correction in bold... IT'S is a contraction for IT IS... ITS is the possessive...

Btw, the momet you sign on into this game and hit accept you are bound by the ToS. Because some of the people out there can't read, didn't read, didn't act prudently or didn't understand that the game isn't supposed to hand out drops like candy so when it did it should be reported and are now upset because they got banned, well it's crying over spilled milk.

Fact is we're all on notice, ToS spells out that any one of us can have our toons yanked for any reason. If you don't like it find yourself a lawyer, go to court, sue and see if you win. Honestly welcome to the world of adhesion contracts people...

He is the "Correct your post" Nazi. Shame I don't know what the word "momet" is.

If you wait long enough, he will break down every word in your sentence, ask his brother about it (because his brother is JPonry) and then tell you in some way that he's right, and nobody else is.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@korpg What's a culute?

Man... every time I think I get that much closer to taking the crown of most annoying person on this forum you snatch it out of my hands... I'm just going ignore the rest of this thread, throw some C4 in here and blow it up because I already see that you're doing which is to focus on one thing, misinterpret and then twist things till we're way far from where the conversation started out.

I started this thread in jest and wrote in such a way to communicate that sentiment. You thought I was serious and instantly flamed and called the idea for this dumb. You wound up looking like an idiot because other people backed me up and had to teach you that the JP do go along with April Fools.

As for Christmas... How is that ANY different than what we do in this country. The last time Christmas was a religious holiday was when Christ was born in a manger. To whose who realize what the day means and celebrate accordingly I salute you however that's not what the majority culture does. When you have Christmas sales advertised before Thanksgiving, we've gone from a religious observance to a commercial celebration. All I ever was trying to do with the Christmas example was point out another intrinsic western holiday/ festive date that the JP acknowledge and go along with. How they celebrate or why is beside the point and not what is being discussed, the point is that they do in the first place.

Please spare me the I know more than you, I know less than you comparisons...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 18:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jackel said:

He is the "Correct your post" Nazi. Shame I don't know what the word "momet" is.

Hey we all have our bad days and when you type 95 WPM you're bound to miss a key here and there. But since I guess you need to be told what a momet is, it's moment spelled without the M because a keystroke was missed. I guess I can cross off "idiot taken off being in suspense" from my to do list. Handy thing those checklists are...

/em hands you a cookie

You got me, now that you got me once you'll permit me the pleasure to return the favor one day. The best thing about this is if we all policed eachvother like that maybe we could raise the level of discourse in these threads. Then again what am I asking for, I should know better...

@Jackel Great name bro, some say they're destiny in your case you've really gone the extra mile. A jackal (and I guess jackel too) will snipe at ankles, scavenge and really don't take on the larger animals directly... You can make fun of me but you can leave my sib out of it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 18:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
@korpg What's a culute?

No clue, what is a culute?

Malekith said:
Man... every time I think I get that much closer to taking the crown of most annoying person on this forum you snatch it out of my hands... I'm just going ignore the rest of this thread, throw some C4 in here and blow it up because I already see that you're doing which is to focus on one thing, misinterpret and then twist things till we're way far from where the conversation started out.

Isn't that what forums are for?

Malekith said:
I started this thread in jest and wrote in such a way to communicate that sentiment. You thought I was serious and instantly flamed and called the idea for this dumb. You wound up looking like an idiot because other people backed me up and had to teach you that the JP do go along with April Fools.

Who else agrees with you? It seems to me (reading between the words) that nobody is certain. Nobody has said right out 100% that Japanese celebrate April Fools. Only Nours has given anything that nobody has refuted yet. Even then, I will find out on April First, since I'm here and you aren't.

Malekith said:
As for Christmas... How is that ANY different than what we do in this country. The last time Christmas was a religious holiday was when Christ was born in a manger. To whose who realize what the day means and celebrate accordingly I salute you however that's not what the majority culture does. When you have Christmas sales advertised before Thanksgiving, we've gone from a religious observance to a commercial celebration. All I ever was trying to do with the Christmas example was point out another intrinsic western holiday/ festive date that the JP acknowledge and go along with. How they celebrate or why is beside the point and not what is being discussed, the point is that they do in the first place.

Japanese celebrate Christmas holidays along with Shinto holidays and Buddhist holidays (which strangly enough, 12/26 is a Shinto holiday, which has been given as much influence as Christmas itself. This fact should give you an idea on how much "faith" they put on religion). Commercialization is just that. The idea of Christmas differs from culture to culture.

Lets say, for example, you are an American (seeing as I am also an American, I can use myself in this example also). Would you celebrate Christmas and Haunkkah at the same time? Or in their own seperate ways? Guess what, that is exactally how Japanese people celebrate religious holidays (in a sense, and if you ask your bro about this, he would have to agree 100%). If you need proof in this, I could give you (personally, not thru this forum) the email adress to my Religion of Japan professor and you can ask her. Don't take my word for it, but take her's, since this is her field of study.

Malekith said:
Please spare me the I know more than you, I know less than you comparisons...

Wait, wasn't that your entire post above?
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-01-24 19:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Jackel said:

Hey we all have our bad days and when you type 95 WPM you're bound to miss a key here and there. But since I guess you need to be told what a momet is, it's moment spelled without the M because a keystroke was missed. I guess I can cross off "idiot taken off being in suspense" from my to do list. Handy thing those checklists are...

/em hands you a cookie

You got me, now that you got me once you'll permit me the pleasure to return the favor one day. The best thing about this is if we all policed eachvother like that maybe we could raise the level of discourse in these threads. Then again what am I asking for, I should know better...

@Jackel Great name bro, some say they're destiny in your case you've really gone the extra mile. A jackal (and I guess jackel too) will snipe at ankles, scavenge and really don't take on the larger animals directly... You can make fun of me but you can leave my sib out of it.

User submitted image
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-24 19:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

/em takes his trophy and starts looking for some polish

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-24 20:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Barty! wheres the obama pics? lol
 Hades.Dekar
Server: Hades
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-01-25 00:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i love reading epeen contests so much fun and entertainment! good work guys! j/k srsly no1 cares tbh this thread started out as a simple joke and then forum troll Korpg managed to turn it into a flame/epeen/fest as i've seen on mulitple forums. guys got nothing better to do i guess.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-25 00:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dekar said:
i love reading epeen contests so much fun and entertainment! good work guys! j/k srsly no1 cares tbh this thread started out as a simple joke and then forum troll Korpg managed to turn it into a flame/epeen/fest as i've seen on mulitple forums. guys got nothing better to do i guess.

Basically, you are correct. I am BORED out of my ***, its too damn cold to do anything outside, and my internet is still acting fuzzy, will let me go to websites, but won't let me log on the game. So basically, this is my only form of entertainment atm.

Going to get this fixed tomorrow though, hopefully.

Sorry if I pissed you off though, but since you "don't care" enough about this thread to post here, then maybe you have nothing else to do either?
 Hades.Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-01-25 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf i keep trying to post and it won't post ...
 Hades.Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-01-25 02:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

there we go and no i'm doing other things just goofing off between windows