Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 33 34 35
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-26 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i just got mine when i logged in, didn't expect to. i'm a 1.0 legacy CE holder, so, i dunno if the legacy has anything to do with it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-26 15:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I had to put in my pre-order code to get my CE bonus items (I'm not asking how that one worked.. still waiting on my pre-order items :P)

I assume anything I'm missing will come through tomorrow, if I can get on.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-26 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that is really bugging me is they need to add the % complete for fates to the map. I get so pissed running across the entire map only to have the fate finish right as I get there.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-26 17:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also quick question I purchased the CE from Amazon Here and I just saw someone riding their Coeurl mount and they said they got it from the moogle. My moogle only had the moogle hat and caitsith doll thing. Did I miss something to get the rest of the stuff? Or I though I remember reading you needed to be lvl 30 to get them and im not 30 yet maybe its that? Anyone know?
 Sylph.Trebiont
user: Maenius
By Sylph.Trebiont 2013-08-26 18:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Those I believe are released tomorrow with the full launch. The Cait Sith doll and moogle hat were promos for early release/pre-order.

Besides, I doubt you'll be able to log on tomorrow to get them anyway.
By Balias 2013-08-27 01:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've heard "Early Release" has been extended until the 29th. So early adopters are really still open beta testers. I started on Siren, created 2 characters and got in about 4 hours of play time and got kicked off with an error message and wasn't able to log back onto Siren. I was able to create a new character on Valefore and got arc to level 15, I feel like an *** for deleting my legacy 1.0 character.

I was able to get the onion helm, gloves, chocobo whistle and goggles by talking to the delivery moogle.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-27 02:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Extending early release just means pushing back official.hopefully Poole arnt too upset, they are already bitching all over the realm reborn facebook wall.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-27 04:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So what does that mean? Everyone who goes out and buys the game today wont be able to log in? I have serveral people who are planning to pick up 14 and start today.

Edit: Nvm simple google search got me my answer.

Edit2: Although... I kinda don't want my early access extended >.> I'm pretty sure that's why I can't receive my Coeurl mount yet. My XIV account shows no account added at all yet. It just says "none".

By ronson 2013-08-27 06:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the cutoff period for the in game items please?

As in if i buy the CE version next week can i still claim the Coeurl mount ect ect
By Kyree 2013-08-27 06:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Extending early release only means that you can still play if you pre-ordered, did the code thing to log in, and HAVE YET to pick up the physical copy of the game.

Basically you don't need a registration code until the 29, and the free 30 days doesn't end til Sept 29 instead of the 27th.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-27 22:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ items giving you 3x the exp for leves? just found this out, after making 6 HQ items for my leve, wheeee gained like, 3 levels tonight on my ARM
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-27 22:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone can help me with someone quick. I was told you need to be so far in the story to be able to use mounts. Im like a quest or 2 past where you do the first 3 dungeons. Is it soon after that? Am I even on the right track?
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2013-08-27 23:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's right after you join a Grand Company. Just keep doing the main story.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-27 23:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks I cant even enjoy the main story... pretty much just spamming through until I unlock my mount at this point.

Edit: uhhhh so now I have to do another dungeon for to defeat ifrit? All this to be able to ride a mount?
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-08-28 03:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Sucks I cant even enjoy the main story... pretty much just spamming through until I unlock my mount at this point.

Edit: uhhhh so now I have to do another dungeon for to defeat ifrit? All this to be able to ride a mount?

Yes. like Alyric said, just continue with the story until you join a grand company. When you do you will also need to get 2k 'seals' by doing fates or leves(i think? have yet to try since joining).

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
HQ items giving you 3x the exp for leves? just found this out, after making 6 HQ items for my leve, wheeee gained like, 3 levels tonight on my ARM

This. Once i learned about amazing crafting leve bonus's i only use my allowances for them.

EDIT #7(mainly from spelling errors): Hows everyone liking it so far? Got warrior30 today :D
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-28 11:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »

Yes. like Alyric said, just continue with the story until you join a grand company. When you do you will also need to get 2k 'seals' by doing fates or leves(i think? have yet to try since joining).

Ya im at the Grand Company meetings now. I completely over estimated that Ifrit fight lol. I've seen videos before but I now understand why it's called hard mode. This was super duper easy mode. But lots of fun too!

Ignore the dead archer >.> I didn't even know anyone died until I just uploaded that SS lol. Must have been an AoE.
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-28 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I love crafting, god I love crafting, oh help me.... craft some more!

In all seriousness once I found out that level 15 of each craft gets its own unique cross class actions I think lost it and am now just going nuts trying to level everything....

What is inventory space?
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-28 14:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so quick question. Finally got accepted to Grand Company and now I need the 2000 seals. Do I have to specifically accept a quest or something for seals or can I just go on a grinding fest and stock up on em?
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-28 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you could do fates for them in the beta, but that might have changed. I do know you can take on grand company levequests for them. For example you can find a flame sergeant in drybone.

Addendum: You can also turn in limited time wanted items to your grand company for seals. I think they only accept a certain number of X thing. Luckily they usually have a large list of things they want.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-28 14:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so quick question. Finally got accepted to Grand Company and now I need the 2000 seals. Do I have to specifically accept a quest or something for seals or can I just go on a grinding fest and stock up on em?
FATE, mete, Grand Company hunting log
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-28 14:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnnnnnnd after 2 long days of heavy focusing on it... Chocobo is mine!

Thanks again to everyone who offered any info to help me with this. Truly Appreciated!
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 21:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any info on the difference between grand companies?

can we relate it to say 11's national allegiance system where certain grand companies have certain sets of benefits?
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-28 21:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

first boss of the dungeon.....after 65 minutes....we gave up...

AoE Doom and 2x Bee final sting paradise without a way to dodge it! ; ;.......

sometimes the bee pop when it does doom......so you are looking for floor tiles that take out doom and trying to kill the bee before the final sting...... @.@......

P.S. I will try again tomorrow....my head got melted by 2xfinal sting 592 - 690 damage to me.... and Triclip for 692 which is instant cast @.@......
P.S.S. The tank got one shot once by 4k damage from 1 Bee with frightful roar on and maybe critical
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-31 05:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Grand Companies give noteworthy gear to specific jobs still?

In 1.0, you were generally better going with Twin Adders (Grid) as a Mage-main, Flames as a melee-main and maybe LL as a melee or something, I dunno >_>;

Is this still the case? One of my friends is asking me which GC she should choose as an overall melee main (MRD/WAR is likely going to be her first 50), whereas me and my other friend are loving ACN (and I have CNJ/THM from 1.0 aswell). Are all GC's created equal, or does each still give a higher benefit to certain jobs than others?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-07 07:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
• Since the hardware specs of the PS4 are high and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will use them to their full potential, there will be a large improvement in the number of characters displayed on screen at the same time compared to the PS3 version, and in the quality of each character. The difference in graphical fidelity will be very visible.
• Remote Play with the PS Vita will be fully supported. Yoshida-san makes the example of gathering, fishing, crafting or questing solo while relaxing on the couch on the PS Vita, and then, when the time for party play starts, one can switch to the PS4 to enjoy the challenging dungeon content on the big screen.
• A companion app for the PS Vita is planned, including a database and the features of the new Lodestone, but Remote Play is the priority.
• It will be possible to point and click in the PS4 version using the touch pad of the DualShock 4, improving the user interface further.
• It’ll be possible to upload video using the Share button of the PS4 due to licensing agreements done with voice actors (Japanese laws are rather strict on this), also, videos made with the Share button will be useful to learn how to do difficult high level dungeons.
• There will be no change in the content of the game moving from the PS3 version to the PS4 version, as the game will be fully cross platform, so you’ll still be able to play with the same friends.
• Yoshida-san encourages players to consider switching to the PS4 version from the PS3 version, because the PS4′s hardware allows for an impressive performance, much better graphics and displaying 100 or 200 people at the same time on the screen. The passage will be immediate and seamless because the servers are the same and transferring character data is not necessary.
• When asked about his point of view as a creator on what he likes the most of the PS4 Yoshida-san responded that it’s the memory size, because it gives more freedom of expression and design. You can create higher quality characters and levels. He also appreciates the wider choices of play style represented by the share button, Remote Play and companion apps. He feels that the PS4 will test the development team, making things easier and harder at the same time.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-09-07 18:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Titox said: »

sometimes the bee pop when it does doom......so you are looking for floor tiles that take out doom and trying to kill the bee before the final sting...... @.@......

P.S. I will try again tomorrow....my head got melted by 2xfinal sting 592 - 690 damage to me.... and Triclip for 692 which is instant cast @.@......
P.S.S. The tank got one shot once by 4k damage from 1 Bee with frightful roar on and maybe critical

The boss will only summon bees 5~6 times. DDs should INSTANTLY change to the bees and kill them asap. If you have a SCH/SMN/ACN present, tell the tank to keep the tauri where the bees spawn as best as possible. This way, you can Bane dots over to bees and have some progress made on the second when the first dies.

If you need to remove doom, run to the glowing square. That is the only way to remove it. Running over it rather than running and stopping is suggested, especially for sch/smn/anc. This will remove doom from the pet also.

It's an easy enough fight if you can get people to listen. :x
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2013-09-07 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Do Grand Companies give noteworthy gear to specific jobs still?

In 1.0, you were generally better going with Twin Adders (Grid) as a Mage-main, Flames as a melee-main and maybe LL as a melee or something, I dunno >_>;

Is this still the case? One of my friends is asking me which GC she should choose as an overall melee main (MRD/WAR is likely going to be her first 50), whereas me and my other friend are loving ACN (and I have CNJ/THM from 1.0 aswell). Are all GC's created equal, or does each still give a higher benefit to certain jobs than others?

I just read somewhere recently that Adder gear is DD, Flames are Tank, and Maelstrom is mage. I can't remember where though. I'll try to source it out.
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-07 18:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Ragnarok.Titox said: »

The boss will only summon bees 5~6 times. DDs should INSTANTLY change to the bees and kill them asap. If you have a SCH/SMN/ACN present, tell the tank to keep the tauri where the bees spawn as best as possible. This way, you can Bane dots over to bees and have some progress made on the second when the first dies.

If you need to remove doom, run to the glowing square. That is the only way to remove it. Running over it rather than running and stopping is suggested, especially for sch/smn/anc. This will remove doom from the pet also.

It's an easy enough fight if you can get people to listen. :x

Yeah...the dungeon itself is easy....but the problem is the people ; ; LOL I gave up on it for the time being
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-09 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Square Enix has confirmed today that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be getting a beta for Play Station 4. Currently it is scheduled to start on February 22, 2014, which is the same day when Play Station 4 is going to come out in Japan. More details on how it will work will be revealed soon.

In addition to that news, it has been confirmed that those who bought the game for Plasy Station 3 and wish to continue playing the game on Play Station 4 will be able to upgrade to it at no additional cost
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 33 34 35