Beastmaster: A New Pet Command

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
350 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster: A new pet command
Beastmaster: A new pet command
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
Posts: 1318
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-25 12:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
any ideas on what could be? maybe a return to jug command? lol
 Alexander.Meowryu
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Meoryu
Posts: 172
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-25 12:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Charm Mamool Ja!
 Bahamut.Razorback
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Razorback
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Razorback 2010-08-25 12:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
any ideas on what could be? maybe a return to jug command? lol
that'd be awsome. zoning type save for jugs!
 Ramuh.Seyton
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: seyton
Posts: 19
By Ramuh.Seyton 2010-08-25 13:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
That would be stellar for our pocketbooks. Unfortunately, I don't see SE giving us that much. I'm thinking it will be more stance related, like send pet into defensive mode or offensive mode.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katalsar
Posts: 163
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-25 13:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If anybody played Dark Cloud 2 (old game when i was kid) you remember Monica was able to transform into monsters and was able to evolve in stronger ones..So i was thinking maybe Beastmaster can get transform so their pet can evolve into a stronger pet.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Webjester
Posts: 393
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-08-25 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Here's to hoping its Catch!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
Posts: 1685
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-25 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Something like DRG's spirit link would be cool. I don't know about other BSTs but I find myself subbing DNC anymore in lieu of NIN so HP recovery wouldn't be much of an issue. Although considering jug pets and charmed mobs have like 5 times our own HP I don't know if that could properly be implemented. :(
 Garuda.Littledarc
Offline
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
Posts: 859
By Garuda.Littledarc 2010-08-25 14:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I would REALLY like a spirit link type ability. It will suck for the people making bank off of pet food, but I think it is needed since every other pet job can do it (less smn who can just re-summon and have full HP).

I am not getting my hopes up too much, but an ability to do a ready move without using charges would be nice as well. A move to transfer BST TP to the master would be cool too.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
Posts: 271
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-08-25 14:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Something like DRG's spirit link would be cool. I don't know about other BSTs but I find myself subbing DNC anymore in lieu of NIN so HP recovery wouldn't be much of an issue. Although considering jug pets and charmed mobs have like 5 times our own HP I don't know if that could properly be implemented. :(

Why something like DRG Spirit Link? Spirit Link is used to cure the Wyvren. BST already have Reward. PUPs have to use repair oils for Repair. And no, SMN doesn't have a cure avatar move except for a blood pact that does AoE cure.

New pet command... Hmm...

Rage - Recast; 10mins (Duration; 5mins, or until pet Disengages.)
Puts pet into Rage mode.

lol yeah right...
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
Posts: 1685
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-25 14:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Something like DRG's spirit link would be cool. I don't know about other BSTs but I find myself subbing DNC anymore in lieu of NIN so HP recovery wouldn't be much of an issue. Although considering jug pets and charmed mobs have like 5 times our own HP I don't know if that could properly be implemented. :(

Why something like DRG Spirit Link? Spirit Link is used to cure the Wyvren. BST already have Reward. PUPs have to use repair oils for Repair. And no, SMN doesn't have a cure avatar move except for a blood pact that does AoE cure.

New pet command... Hmm...

Rage - Recast; 10mins (Duration; 5mins, or until pet Disengages.)
Puts pet into Rage mode.

lol yeah right...
DRG don't use their Wyvern to tank mobs. When your pet has 5000+ HP and you can only give it a pet food like every 1.5 minutes for ~350HP and a very very very light regen it makes sense. There really needs to be a better way to cure our pets or at least a way improved pet food.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Valmur
Posts: 3642
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-08-25 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Knowing SE it will be something like transferng enmity from your pet to yourself ;;
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
Posts: 271
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-08-25 15:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
DRG don't use their Wyvern to tank mobs. When your pet has 5000+ HP and you can only give it a pet food like every 1.5 minutes for ~350HP and a very very very light regen it makes sense. There really needs to be a better way to cure our pets or at least a way improved pet food.

No, but there's a reason Call Beast is such a short recast.

And if you have the right gear set up, you can get ~600ish Reward. Though yes, that is rather small for pets. But BST is meant to switch between pets when killing higher level monsters.
 Diabolos.Smackbones
Offline
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
Posts: 38
By Diabolos.Smackbones 2010-08-25 15:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
DRG don't use their Wyvern to tank mobs. When your pet has 5000+ HP and you can only give it a pet food like every 1.5 minutes for ~350HP and a very very very light regen it makes sense. There really needs to be a better way to cure our pets or at least a way improved pet food.

And there's Reward enhancing gear out there too. I just macro them in. My Rewards and just over 500 now with a zeta cookie and I'm still working on it.

Edit: Beat me to it Mizuharu. d(^.^)b
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 247
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-08-25 16:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
DRG don't use their Wyvern to tank mobs. When your pet has 5000+ HP and you can only give it a pet food like every 1.5 minutes for ~350HP and a very very very light regen it makes sense. There really needs to be a better way to cure our pets or at least a way improved pet food.

No, but there's a reason Call Beast is such a short recast.

And if you have the right gear set up, you can get ~600ish Reward. Though yes, that is rather small for pets. But BST is meant to switch between pets when killing higher level monsters.
When you're trying to solo NMs 5 mins is rather slow (mine's fully merited but obviously not everyone's is).
If straight soloing anyway.
My pinning method on bst works fine with timers D:
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
Posts: 1685
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-25 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not to mention, NMs hit quite hard. Depending on what you are fighting 100-300 damage per hit. If you are rewarding 600HP seems rather pointless. Especially on a 1.5min timer (or 1m15s timer if you wasted 5/5 merits).
 Ramuh.Xoraken
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Xoraken
Posts: 5
By Ramuh.Xoraken 2010-08-25 16:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I do 805-835HP /Reward

New Pet command ? Seppuku or Kamikaze : Sacrifice Pet's HP for kill Monster
NIN can lost Mijin Gakure too :p

5000HP×18 BST = 90,000 HP down !! so if CB up , BST can CB and call another pet for fight

SE PLEASE DO IT !!!!
 Siren.Wolfpack
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: wolfpack
Posts: 57
By Siren.Wolfpack 2010-08-25 16:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Valmur said:
Knowing SE it will be something like transferng enmity from your pet to yourself ;;

i wouldn't mind this as long as it wasn't affected by the distance between me and pet. Open up a lot of kiting options.
Sylph.Katalsar said:
If anybody played Dark Cloud 2 (old game when i was kid) you remember Monica was able to transform into monsters and was able to evolve in stronger ones..So i was thinking maybe Beastmaster can get transform so their pet can evolve into a stronger pet.

be very nice to transform...maybe into things that are normally uncharmable. Namely GNOLEs!!!!!!!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
Posts: 1726
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-25 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wouldn't mind a little mini pokemon game myself. I'd be ok with taking up inventory with rare/ex balls that held my pets and let me make them stronger.
Offline
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
Posts: 1026
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-25 17:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
BST85 uses Rape.

Sheep mounts the enemy.

Alliance gains the effect of Lulz.

From the level cap raise thread lol. had to post it here.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7227
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-25 17:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
BST85 uses Rape.

Sheep mounts the enemy.

Alliance gains the effect of Lulz.

From the level cap raise thread lol. had to post it here.
BEST quote all week.
 Caitsith.Cthree
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: cthree
Posts: 2
By Caitsith.Cthree 2010-08-25 17:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
maybe, TP swap?! then we can rampage > tp swap > rampage > snarl all with a glyph axe?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
Posts: 2076
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-25 17:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Maybe it'll be a JA called 'Pokemon' and will turn beastmaster into a Pokemon trainer.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xdudemanx
Posts: 2014
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-08-25 17:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
BST85 uses Rape.

Sheep mounts the enemy.

Alliance gains the effect of Lulz.

From the level cap raise thread lol. had to post it here.
BEST quote all week.
[+]
 Sylph.Lazerous
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lazerus
Posts: 4
By Sylph.Lazerous 2010-08-25 22:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Seyton said:
That would be stellar for our pocketbooks. Unfortunately, I don't see SE giving us that much. I'm thinking it will be more stance related, like send pet into defensive mode or offensive mode.
thats what i was thinking also,
 Alexander.Lunay
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Lunay
Posts: 28
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-08-26 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Maybe something similar to Chain Affinity that will allow SC with pet TP moves? Unlimited Shot type ability for jugs would be nice, too. *Wishful thinking*
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ratie
Posts: 153
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2010-08-26 03:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
My guess is a snarl-like ability intended for charmed pets (otherwise the description sounds just like Snarl)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html

quoting the 2nd entry for BST:
Quote:
We also plan on expanding beastmasters' tactical repertoire with abilities that allow them to manage enmity by transferring their own enmity to their pets, and some fresh additions to the roster of charmable monsters.

Then again, it could be something completely different. Only time will tell!
 Odin.Jryan
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: jryan
Posts: 54
By Odin.Jryan 2010-08-26 03:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fetch, which shares a recast with Ready.
Log in to post.