Fair Attestation/Fragment Merc. Prices Post Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Fair Attestation/Fragment Merc. Prices Post Update
Fair Attestation/Fragment Merc. Prices Post Update
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-08-23 12:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

With the last level cap increase Dynamis has become much easier for many linkshells and has opened the door to new possibilities for many. Dynamis is now more profitable than it has ever been for most players and will only get better with each level cap increase.

At the moment almost any linkshell can defeat the Attestation and Fragment NMs without cutting in to their farming time too much. With upcoming level cap increases, these NMs will become even easier. This makes me wonder why a lot of linkshells have not updated their rare/ex item prices accordingly.

Many of the mercenary "Items for Sale" lists I have seen show Attestations/Fragments as 4M each. However, all of these lists were created prior to the update. I doubt very much that any linkshell has sold one for 4M after the last update.

This got me thinking about how much these items should really cost.
==Attestation NM kills are quite easy and shouldn't take an LS more than 20 minutes to kill the eye and one Attestation NM. 20 minutes of Dynamis could be equal to roughly 500k in time that could have been spent farming. Attestation are not 100% and 1-4 runs may be required which should be reflected in the price.
==Fragment NM kills are even easier in my opinion. You can farm all the way to the NM and quickly zerg it down for the drop, which is 100%. You may lose ~15 minutes or so depending on which Fragment you're doing.

With all that said, I am very curious to hear what everyone thinks these items should be worth now and in the future after more level cap increases.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-23 12:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Attestations/frags are priced high for several reasons:

1. If you're building a relic and this is all you have left people know you'll be desperate to get it.

2. If you're buying it you're probably buying it because you can't do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself the people who can do it can charge w/e they want. You're gonna have to pay w/e they name.

There is no real reason to lower the price unless competition pushes you to do so.

Edit:

Excellence on my server charges 6million for Apocalypse fragment. I bought it from teletubbies for 2mil. I now refer all my friends to teletubbies. The result? If enough people only buy from Teletubbies then excellence will have to lower their prices or not sell anything.
 Phoenix.Raigne
Server: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-08-23 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll be worth whatever the merc shell wants for them, because most people who merc them out don't have the means to get them through another shell that they're members of.

Pricing on stuff like that will *always* be based on "What can we demand for this and realistically get". Kinda like people still paying 25-35M for a Ridill - Fafnir isn't hard, the drop is rare, but it's nowhere near a best-in-slot for anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-08-23 12:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Excellence on my server charges 6million for Apocalypse fragment. I bought it from teletubbies for 2mil. I now refer all my friends to teletubbies. The result? If enough people only buy from Teletubbies then excellence will have to lower their prices or not sell anything.

Wish I could find an LS like teletubbies on Quetz :P That's a very fair price.
 Ramuh.Thayil
Server: Ramuh
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2010-08-23 12:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who is working on a relic too, I think the answer to the price level is simple: people are willing to pay the current prices. I remember when SE halved the cost of the hourglass and a lot of people said it would affect the price of currency, but it didn't because the demand is the same.

I agree that these fights are quite easy and don't inconvenience the LS that much (depending on how many people they have). However, it is an inconvenience, and when it comes to Dynamis, a lot of shells just want to get in & get out as fast as possible. That may be another reason for the prices.

Personally, I wouldn't pay over 1M for an attestation or fragment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-23 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thayil said:
As someone who is working on a relic too, I think the answer to the price level is simple: people are willing to pay the current prices. I remember when SE halved the cost of the hourglass and a lot of people said it would affect the price of currency, but it didn't because the demand is the same. I agree that these fights are quite easy and don't inconvenience the LS that much (depending on how many people they have). However, it is an inconvenience, and when it comes to Dynamis, a lot of shells just want to get in & get out as fast as possible. That may be another reason for the prices. Personally, I wouldn't pay over 1M for an attestation or fragment.

Well when glasses went to 500k currency actually increased lol.

Attestations Nms are simple and almost any LS will sell them because you don't need a specific setup to beat them.

Fragment NMs are different. You generally need a Zerg setup which can mean people job changing in dynamis. My LS doesn't use 30 some people so its impossible for us to do normal Xarc +frags without sending people out to change jobs after eyewalls.
 Cerberus.Zephr
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2010-08-23 12:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:

Actually we misquoted Excelior on the 2M price. If anyone but the sackholder who had made the deal with him had been in on it, we would've gouged the *** out of him. But alas, we keep to our word... so 2M it was.

Don't lower fragment pieces. If you don't have enough friends to come on a run to help you, you deserve to pay whatever amount the mercing linkshells see fit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-08-23 13:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zephr said:
If you don't have enough friends to come on a run to help you, you deserve to pay whatever amount the mercing linkshells see fit.

I agree with this but it makes me wonder how many customers these people charging 4M+ are getting. I can't imagine very many but I could be wrong.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-23 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zephr said:
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Actually we misquoted Excelior on the 2M price. If anyone but the sackholder who had made the deal with him had been in on it, we would've gouged the *** out of him. But alas, we keep to our word... so 2M it was. Don't lower fragment pieces. If you don't have enough friends to come on a run to help you, you deserve to pay whatever amount the mercing linkshells see fit.

I ain't complaining. Jogiyat is a good guy to business with.