Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN Maat Fight questions
SMN Maat Fight questions
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-22 02:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well I read on wiki, to Blink> stoneskin > ice spikes w/ Avatars, run in, > assault > BP double slap> wait > sleepga > pull back, 2hr w Shiva, so when maat uses his 2hr, his avatar will be far away and unable to hit you with it's 2hr.

Run to the Other End of the Arena. Re-summon Shiva, wait for Maat & hit him with another 2hr Blast, And VICTORY!..

Sounds solid, yes?

but my Question is, In Your Oppnion, do you think a SMN can One shot Maat w Garuda doing about 1.8~2k per Prediter claws?

Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 02:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I one-shot Maat with a 2.5k Predator Claws at LV75 so you might be able to. If not, Garuda should be able to melee him to death.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-22 02:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Awsome, ^^ its Ice day atm and im going to put up the buffs, but i just wana see how much i can do w lil oh Green *** i mean... Garuda =x
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-22 02:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:
ok well I read on wiki, to Blink> stoneskin > ice spikes w/ Avatars, run in, > assault > BP double slap> wait > sleepga > pull back, 2hr w Shiva, so when maat uses his 2hr, his avatar will be far away and unable to hit you with it's 2hr. Run to the Other End of the Arena. Re-summon Shiva, wait for Maat & hit him with another 2hr Blast, And VICTORY!.. Sounds solid, yes? but my Question is, In Your Oppnion, do you think a SMN can One shot Maat w Garuda doing about 1.8~2k per Prediter claws?

It may be 1-shottable... The shiva strategy sounds like its from 2003, no offense-- I'd just Stoneskin, Blink, and open with Predator Claws, then run back to start and either repeat it or use an avatar with AoE. Videos on youtube to give you a visual idea will be your best bet, but SMN maat fight seems like it'd be easier, since you wont be taking damage while your dealing it, unlike other jobs.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-08-22 02:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i did smn maat at 75 and didn't have any special gear for it.. took 2 predator claws to win.. just make sure you run back as soon as you start the bloodpact.. his astral flow will in all likelihood one shot you if you dont kill him with a single predator claws.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-22 03:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

-Battle Report-

Predator Claws: 879 damage
-Maat: 30% Hp

--
Maat: Astral Flow:
Blackmist was Defeated by Garuda: "Filters"

---
RR Activated:
Summoned Garuda
Blackmist uses Astral Flow:
Garuda Readies Aerial Blast: Maat Takes 631 dmg (Predclaws did more.)

---
Maat: 26%
---
5 Melee hits later from Garuda... and I won. well weakend ^^;

(didn't run far enough to avoid Astral flow)

edit: No offense taken, I was Reading it off wiki, and shockingly enough they where "2010" reports. some suggested using Avatars favor to enhance Ice spikes to further more Paralyze Maat
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 03:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats~

SMN Maat is the easiest, in my opinion.

I only did 12 Maat fights though.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-22 03:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Grats~ SMN Maat is the easiest, in my opinion. I only did 12 Maat fights though.

THF would be the easiest I thought, provided its your first and luck kicks in :O WHM with capped Divine also looks sexy!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 03:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually melee'd THF Maat to death. Didn't even bother trying to steal because if I did that, I would lose the chance to Sneak Attack for free.

Either way, I was already LV75 THF when I did the Maat fight because I leveled it before I planned on going for Maat's Cap. I still went 1/1 but SMN definitely required less effort.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-22 03:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maat was easy, fought @ 70. O hat SH, and blind bolts, whent in, blinded him, Forgot acid & bloody, hell I didn't even know he used Perfect Doge untell I noticed my melee' hits where missing & my arrrows where not. :P

whm maat w Repose is a total Joke!

i whent in Fully prepared to fight, Earth staff, blind pots, Bat earrings, O hat, vit+ rings, everything.

decided to try to repose him... I did.. didn't even need Divine seal.. he slept for the entire battle, Woak up about 1 min before it kicked me out =P

same w/ WAR maat, Gaxe. All abilitys, (Cept Defender)lvl 70. sleep 100% Rageing Rush >tp wing > Rageing Rush >Sc > win

^^ anyway i'm out, Peace ^^ /zzz