Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » Woodworking Skill Ups 90-100
Woodworking Skill Ups 90-100
 Asura.Clairxi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-08-20 00:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having a hard time recnetly trying to skill up my woodworking from 90-100.

I've tried doing Bloodwood Logs (lv. 95), Lancewood Logs (lv. 99) & even tried making Cythara Anglica (lv 98), but yet not even getting .1 skill ups.

I have 90.5 woodworking right now with the woodworking body & hands. So with +3 skill from advance synthesis would it be better to keep with the bloodwood log > lumber, or work on the 98, 99 or even the level 100 synths?
 Valefor.Daenerys
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Daenerys 2010-08-20 01:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I did different synths than you are, and am currently at 98.2. It's slow because the syths don't give skill ups as often and camping the auction house is never fun, but maybe these will give you some other options and you may have some better luck. I tried to stay with syths closer to my level because the materials are getting expensive and rare.

Kabura Arrow
Earth Crystal
Bamboo Stick
Handful Of Karimata Arrowheads
Bag Of Giant Bird Fletchings
Ram Horn
*I don't know if you'll benefit from this since you are already 90.5 (Congratulations!) I started much lower, but was a nice chuck of materials for a lot of synths.

Eight-Sided Pole
Wind Crystal
Piece of Walnut Lumber x2
Mythril Ingot
* You need smithing 31 for this, but I had just leveled up on mythril ingots for goldsmithing so I had them laying around and figured I'd work on woodworking a little rather than selling them.

Pot Of Lacquer Tree Sap
Water Crystal
Lacquer Tree Log
*this was a nice alternative I found to bloodwood lumber. The logs drop often from campaign battle and if you are camping the AH for bloodwood logs anyway, look at these too - they ranged from 3k-6k for me.

Cythara Anglica
Earth Crystal
Piece of Ebony Lumber x2
Coeurl Whisker
Piece of Ancient Lumber x2
* I don't really like synths like this so I didn't use this until I was about 96 and couldn't find anything else one day when I wanted to craft.

Piece Of Lancewood Lumber
Wind Crystal
Lancewood Log
*I started these at 91 and just broke, after getting to 96 on the lacquer tree sap, I actually started making the lumber :D

Piece of Jacaranda Lumber
Wind Crystal
Jacaranda Log
* I made some when I really wanted to hit 98, but this is how I hope to reach 100 one day too.

I guess basically, I would stick with syths that are closer to your level. At this point, I think you can only get .1 skill-ups and I like making stuff to sell back then reaching for higher limits and breaking. So hopefully this gives you at least more options and helps you on your journey to 100. Good luck and happy crafting!

Asura.Clairxi
Server: Asura
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-08-20 02:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

alright ^^ i'll try out these synths and see if being closer to my level helps.

Good luck to you as well ^^
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-08-21 08:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I took that exact path as well. Laq Tree Logs to Sap was very nice for me, on Jacaranda Logs now.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-08-21 08:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 96 atm, did lacquer tree sap 91-96. logs cost 5k on my server,and you get 3.5k of npcable sap from each synth. A really nice synth with very litle loss for a post 90 synth
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-10-28 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, im jsut about to hit 90 myself, to say the selection sucks here is beyond an understatment. Flat out nothing the comes close to break even. And most synths on my server atm are from 10-20k loss per synth... wtf..lol
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-28 14:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices for all these materials are down 700% and you're complaining about losses???
What is this I don't even...
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-10-28 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

not saying it didnt get better, saying it still sucks lol
By Areis 2010-10-28 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

*hobbles up using a cane speaking old-geazer*
why back in my day...

but seriously crafting IS a gil loss that's just the breaks.
Woodworking is one of the cheeper crafts and gets quite a few options for the last 100+ push (unlike duplicates you find in GS for example)
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-28 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to hit 96 with a mix of bloodwood and lacquer tree sap. The bloodwood was always a profit/break even synth before prices tanked and sap is profit/break even if you have an alchemist friend to make them into urushi for you. Just npc the urushi. Cythara Anglica to 98 isn't THAT much of a loss. I think I npc'd them also. 98+ is where it really sucks.