Beastmaster Not Spellcast Friendly?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
364 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster not spellcast friendly?
Beastmaster not spellcast friendly?
 Bismarck.Toabea
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
Posts: 101
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-08-18 18:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I might have missed this somewhere on forums, but alot of beast commands dont work with spellcast, is there a reason? Or way round this?

Thanks in advance!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
Posts: 6173
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-18 18:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I would not really know, me as a leveling beastmaster would also love to know.

It should be able to work.. but in certain situations... I do not think it can be coded to say... select what jug ammo to equip and such.

When using ja's your af and gear will get equipped. I guess when you engage you can have a specific food or jug equipped .
 Bismarck.Toabea
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
Posts: 101
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-08-18 18:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
im talking mostly about ready abilities
 Fenrir.Nephthyz
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Sephera
Posts: 200
By Fenrir.Nephthyz 2010-08-18 18:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
iono, but that may explain why when i go to use some ready commands, i just get "... a command error occurred"
 Bismarck.Toabea
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
Posts: 101
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-08-18 18:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yea, thats what im talking about, even when u do them manually
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
Posts: 6173
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-18 18:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Toabea said:
im talking mostly about ready abilities

Do ready abilities have stuff they need equipped?

Like for instance when using ready! if you have any gear that can enhance it.. it will.

But concerning ready you probably can code in when ever you use ready with a jug pet for it to use the following moves at 100+tp etc.

There are a variety of jug pets to use, this is why ready pissed me off. At 75 you would need a macro set for each jug you like using, it sucks kind of.

But with something like spellcast I think it is possible.
 Bismarck.Toabea
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
Posts: 101
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-08-18 18:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
pet has tp/charges to use but spellcast doesn't do it
 Fenrir.Nephthyz
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Sephera
Posts: 200
By Fenrir.Nephthyz 2010-08-18 18:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
funny though, some of the commands work, but not per say "the good ones"

for instance foot kick and wild carrot do not work on the wabbit, but the others do fine
 Bismarck.Toabea
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
Posts: 101
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-08-18 19:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yea, im gonna try to unload spellcast next time and try it see if it works w/o it loaded
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
Posts: 688
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-18 19:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spellcast needs pet support fully implemented...
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
Posts: 10387
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-18 19:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Beastmaster isn't really anything-friendly.
[+]
 Odin.Oldive
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Oldive
Posts: 732
By Odin.Oldive 2010-08-18 19:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I also noticed that Rage and Sheep song don't work for sheeps. It just seems to be that those skills that other jobs have, especially those that match blu spells, etc, cause a command error.
 Sylph.Iyashi
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Iyashi
Posts: 5
By Sylph.Iyashi 2010-08-18 19:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
/pet "(TP Ability)" <me>

I have macros set for all my jug pet moves. Don't think is there is a spellcast fix for this yet.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 19:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lulz BST

Nah, I kid.

BST's are good now.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
Posts: 6173
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-18 19:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Toabea said:
pet has tp/charges to use but spellcast doesn't do it

hmmm I knew this would be a problem ha ha ha
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
Posts: 6173
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-18 19:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Iyashi said:
/pet "(TP Ability)" <me>

I have macros set for all my jug pet moves. Don't think is there is a spellcast fix for this yet.

Yeah if there was you could type when hit ready and using Courier carrie use etc etc shell thing.

At the end of the day beastmaster spellcast will be long as ?????.
Offline
Posts: 86
By Tzaellia 2010-08-18 21:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hi Toabea, I have the answer for you. I use spellcast with my BST and it works fine. The problem with the Sic moves that don't work is that those ones are also BLU abilities and Windower has a hard time telling them apart.

Iyashi is right in that for the ones that don't work you have to manually type out the ability:

/pet "(TP Ability)" <me>

If you have a G15 keybaord having all the abilities, or atleast the ones I use most set up is easy. I worked with Shalafi to get a really good BST spellcast set up.
When you call a jug pet spellcast then sets itself (the G keys) to use only the commands for that pet.

Eg:

G1 = attack 1
G2 = Attack 2
G3 = Buff 1
G4 = Debuff 1

And so on.

If you want to try Shalafi's BST spellcast it can be found at the link.

www.tdsc.info/files/BST.zip
BST XML
[+]
Offline
Posts: 74
By Bikpik 2010-08-19 11:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
<if Type="BlueMagic">
<command>input /raw /pet "%Spell" <me></command>
<cancelspell/>
</if>

That should work to fix spellcast thinking ready commands are blue magic. This will stop you from casting blu spells if you're /blu though
Offline
Posts: 74
By Bikpik 2010-08-19 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bikpik said:
<if Type="BlueMagic">
<command>input /raw /pet "%Spell" <me></command>
<cancelspell/>
</if>

That should work to fix spellcast thinking ready commands are blue magic. This will stop you from casting blu spells if you're /blu though

forum code changed the bolded part should be &LT;me&GT; using lowercase letters
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
Posts: 6173
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-20 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Tzaellia said:
Hi Toabea, I have the answer for you. I use spellcast with my BST and it works fine. The problem with the Sic moves that don't work is that those ones are also BLU abilities and Windower has a hard time telling them apart.

Iyashi is right in that for the ones that don't work you have to manually type out the ability:

/pet "(TP Ability)" <me>

If you have a G15 keybaord having all the abilities, or atleast the ones I use most set up is easy. I worked with Shalafi to get a really good BST spellcast set up.
When you call a jug pet spellcast then sets itself (the G keys) to use only the commands for that pet.

Eg:

G1 = attack 1
G2 = Attack 2
G3 = Buff 1
G4 = Debuff 1

And so on.

If you want to try Shalafi's BST spellcast it can be found at the link.

www.tdsc.info/files/BST.zip
BST XML

are you willing to give more advice on this xml? I wonder if I have a keyboard with g1-g5 because I only see F's.
Log in to post.