SMN in Abyssea
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 18:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
I sort of have a related question. Usually when im in blm party i use diabolos favor. But if they already have a cor or brd in the party to give refresh, do you think doing a different favor would be more beneficial (like shiva's) or just give more refresh?

maybe mix it up a little.

if mages have ***loads of mp some magic attack from shivra cant hurt :)
By Jabel 2010-09-12 16:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first went into Abyssea Tahrongi as SMN 75 the pt wanted me to do nothing but be a statue giving refreshga for the mages. Shortly after that I got shuffled to a DD party to use Fenrir's BP for Acc and Ifrit's Favor for the increased dbl att. The pt loved it and we stuck with me in the DD until we disbanded 7 hours later. Hit lvl 80 and 10 merits in that time.

Like most things in this game it's about what the pt needs, and not what I want to do. I would love to have fought along side everyone using BPs and doing major dmg, but that's not what they wanted, so it's not what I did.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-09-12 17:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a couple decent abyssea PT's on my SMN aswell recently, in them both I've been in a mixed BLM/DD PT, so I've just been tossing up Hastega, Ecliptic Growl (Stat+ one while the DD's say they're not having accuracy issues) and then mashing Lunar Bay (Predator Claws pre-Lunar Bay) whenever it's up to pick up the kill speed! <3

Gives WHM's/RDM's a job less because they don't need to Haste everyone and it gives me something to do that makes me feel useful! XD
By Jarvikk 2010-09-15 13:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally in abyssea as smn i am in the blm party. If they have a COR in with it..in most cases they do...or even a rdm...i Dream Shroud the blm, then i will idle Shiva's Favor during the rounds of magic kill shots...as long as you have a COR and/or RDM with Refresh II, MP for the BLM shouldnt be that big an issue...but if i see them getting low then yeah i will toss out Diablos and go grab another beer ^^
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 13:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any bloodpact is Pearl lights, true, not 100%
But it is a very high rate compared to DD's killing via melee.

Once capped azure, SMN can zenten mobs for multi kills, also true.

Personally as a SMN in abyssea theres 3 stages
if im with blm, i just diablos, refresh, killshot with BP.
Buffer the party (before capped lights)
When intense lights start popping up, go 2hr 3-4 mobs at a time (might need a personal rdm/blm puller).
Rest/buff while light comes back.

SMN in abyssea is very limited, i think 2 smn max in an xp pt. And even then 1 spams odin while other BP/buffs.