users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xp Party in WoTG areas
Xp Party in WoTG areas
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-19 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So WoTG has been around for a while now and I know people have been going there for xp parties. I'm just wondering if people know any good locations for xping in the past? What level/mobs/zone? Possibley pt setups that people have tried out in these areas.
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-01-19 08:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Great question and I am wondering the same thing... Thanks for bringing it up. I mean SE must have thought of putting some good exp places in WoTG right? =P
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-19 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah so far I only know of the colibri camp in East Ronfaure [S] but i'm not sure what level it is have yet to try it out...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-19 09:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's around 37-38'ish. I did as standard pt setup at 38. Was getting something like 10-11k/hr and was a change from CN.

PT had NIN THF RNG DRG MNK and WHM I think, maybe it was another DD instead of THF >.> I forget. Definitely worth trying, also Ladybirds there too if you get low on Colibri.
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-01-19 09:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People also kill crawlers in rolanberry fields. ^^; It gives good exp. I forgot what level it was though, sorry :x I think it was around 40?
 Unicorn.Nibibi
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Nibibi 2009-01-19 09:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two very good camps in E Ronfaure [s]. Killing lady bugs and colibri starting at 38ish and going to 42ish. I had a party that did 20k/hr there (dnc, cor, drg, drg, blu, brd)
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-01-19 09:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

Best place in the world to find camps. If you scroll to the bottom of the page it has all the WoTG camps listed together from 12-75 (they of course are also included within the levels they correspond to.)
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-19 10:05:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Nibibi said:
There are two very good camps in E Ronfaure [s]. Killing lady bugs and colibri starting at 38ish and going to 42ish. I had a party that did 20k/hr there (dnc, cor, drg, drg, blu, brd)

I spam that one, Syncee + 5 DD setup + PL, start at 37, stop at 42, it's all about having a dedicated puller, easily 20k/hr there.
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-01-19 10:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

East Ronfaure [S] 37-41

Notes: At 41 you will run outta birds and need to chain in bugs. We were hitting chain 5-8 pretty easy. At least 15k hr with BRDx2 MNK DRG PLD WHM. Bring DRG to this camp and you will run outta mobs quickly.

Rolanberry fields [S] 51-54

Notes: We had NIN BRD RDM MNKx2 COR. We were rolling threw these after we got started. Not sure the actual number per hour but I am sure it was over 10k.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-19 10:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Uchisokonau said:
http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ Best place in the world to find camps. If you scroll to the bottom of the page it has all the WoTG camps listed together from 12-75 (they of course are also included within the levels they correspond to.)

This site is awsome =D i'm definitly going to be using it!
 Gilgamesh.Raulin
Server: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulin 2009-01-19 11:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yea campsitarus is the better guide for camps....all must get in favorites xD
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-19 11:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if the Campsitarus has even updated the blog pages for WOTG?

Has it?

( I can go take a look, by using the link...)
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-01-19 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it has been updated (see my previous post). Some of the WoTG camps have not been updated with exact camp postions (i.e. <pos>), however all the highlighted ones if clicked on will tell you exact spots, how many possible mobs and brief description info.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-19 12:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We primarily duo'd/trio'd these, so I don't know the level range for a full party, but we worked on the Colibri in East Ronfaure (S), and then did some Ladybugs as well...Ladybugs are great in that the wings are actually worth a bit through a quest in S.Sandy (S), just watch for the "amnesia" move they do (I was main healing/tanking as DNC so I'd be getting pounded trying to heal and...yeah, good times lol) . We left the past when we maxed out on Colibri and Ladybugs and came back later on when we could tackle the Gobs out there...they're really bitchy, it seems, never been bomb tossed so much in my life. We also duo'd on the crawlers in Rolanberry (S) for a while, the bee's out there made for great TP mobs.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-19 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing about [s] zones are that mobs are a bit tougher than the mobs of similar types in the present day. it's still great and much better than beetles/crabs/crawlers. i find duoing in [s] areas on bst is also a lot of fun :D

i just wish more people would be willing to go out there.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-01-19 13:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the most fun exp pt i've had was in castle oztroja [s] going up the stairs up to the top killing everything in sight til we reach the top, at mid level the mobs were IT for level 75, and we had chains of 7+ going up to 400+ (if i recall well without band, everyone was amazed at the exp even though maybe less exp/hour than chaining 200 colibris at a time...) per mob just like normal good exp camps earlier in the game, we gained several merits + the music is WOAHHH :D

sadly, people on my server are still affraid of trying new zones, I realy can't understand why ... i guess they need more Imperial Standing... :x

Edit:

Celestinia said:
Uchisokonau said:
http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ Best place in the world to find camps. If you scroll to the bottom of the page it has all the WoTG camps listed together from 12-75 (they of course are also included within the levels they correspond to.)

This site is awsome =D i'm definitly going to be using it!

That's the site we got the info from ^-^
 Alexander.Harryxi
Server: Alexander
user: HarryXI
By Alexander.Harryxi 2009-01-19 14:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I also took a party to Oztroja [S]. Bring a job with sleep, because you'll probably either have to wait for the mobs to separate before you pull, or pull a link and sleep one. The perk to fighting there is the occasional NM. We had a pretty standard setup and managed to kill the 83 NM on the second floor.