Forum » FFXI » General » scummy people
scummy people
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 02:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its possible to be scammed like that. You should have kept count though, on the number of pumps used, and gotten money back for that one pump he kept, at least equal to a percentage of the numbers used and percentage of the party.

Or just tell him "hey! I want my money back for that pump you took from me but never used!"
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-19 02:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If he only sold one, maybe it was a ligit extra. But if he sold a bunch of them... :/ that sucks!
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 02:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pumps are Rare, he could only hold one.
 Lakshmi.Chichiri
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chichiri
By Lakshmi.Chichiri 2009-01-19 05:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting the Pumps for 1 gil on bazaar is a normal strategy on O/U to avoid confusion and n00bs screwing up the pump order.

I dont know what big of a deal it is? You won O/U right? You should be happy.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-19 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really feel bad about it, you should ask him about it. To say you were scammed is really pushing it though.

6-4 is the hardest cop mission out of all of them, your leader probably had a lot of items saved up for it. You can mail them to yourself and store them on mules.

You should send him 100k to thank him for getting you through the fight.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-19 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd say you should just be content with getting the mission complete. Again, the pumps are rare, so he could only be holding one after exiting the fight. But even still, you cant prove with 100% certainty that the pump sold was in fact yours. Could have been his pump, or maybe one of the other players you entered with.

A few years ago, that fight easily cost me like 600k to finish when adding up the cost of all the items used during failed attempts. And 600k in 2006 felt like a lot more gil than it is today. So be content you only lost a single pump lol
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-20 01:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
Again, the pumps are rare, so he could only be holding one after exiting the fight.

No, why do people keep saying this? When I did the mission I had 1 on me, 1 in my delivery box, and a set of chips ready to trade for another.

I won the first try and sold my others.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-01-20 05:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLD

1. to have or keep in the hand; keep fast; grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his.
 Pandemonium.Sparkee
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Sparkee 2009-01-20 09:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
And 600k in 2006 felt like a lot more gil than it is today. So be content you only lost a single pump lol

Actually 600k in 2006 wasn't a lot of gil because of the high price on everything. Today 600k would mean a lot of gil because you can get pretty decent stuff for that kind of gil.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-20 10:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was glad I just got it done... Be thanksful you lost the pump, but you will in the future gained Rajas!!!