Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN ASA Legs
SMN ASA Legs
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-13 01:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What should I make them and why. No reason, you dont really lose anything but I'd appreciate a reason :O
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-13 01:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely recall you saying you hated smn...
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-13 01:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
I vaguely recall you saying you hated smn...

I do but AF legs are ugly
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-13 01:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Im thinking Enmity- and Enmity + will be best? 25 HP 25MP? :DDD
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-13 01:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say probably Elemental Siphon+20 and Movement Speed+8%, assuming you don't have Herald's Gaiters or other movement speed+.

As soon as level cap increases, /SCH will give you Sandstorm so you can use Desert Boots and then the Movement speed will become obsolete on Tatsumaki. In that situation, I would probably go for something like MACC+7 and Elemental Siphon.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-13 01:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no smn, but of the choices there aren't too many Pet: +'s that really scream SMN... I'd say Ele siphon +20 as it's a unique augment, but Idk what to pair it with ><
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-08-13 01:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
As soon as level cap increases, /SCH will give you Sandstorm so you can use Desert Boots and then the Movement speed will become obsolete on Tatsumaki.

While this may be true for just getting around town but for a case where you might have to kite something, or if you're simply trying to lose aggro, i don't think you're going to necessarily have time to cast sandstorm or if it is already on you at said time, you cant expect its duration to last forever. It still has its uses for the average joe. :/

And for the times when not /sch
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-13 01:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Siren.Enternius said:
As soon as level cap increases, /SCH will give you Sandstorm so you can use Desert Boots and then the Movement speed will become obsolete on Tatsumaki.

While this may be true for just getting around town but for a case where you might have to kite something, or if you're simply trying to lose aggro, i don't think you're going to necessarily have time to cast sandstorm or if it is already on you at said time, you cant expect its duration to last forever. It still has its uses for the average joe. :/

And for the times when not /sch

Yeah, any Buffs you cast on yourself make your risk of dying even longer in an extended fight. It's honestly probably safer to go for a full time Movement 8. That being said, Im not sure if I need any movement+ on SMN... Cant think of a situation where I would...

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm old school and /WHM
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2010-08-13 02:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

a must: Elemental Siphion+20

If you have not Herald's Gaiters go with Movement+8% augment.

If you happen to have the Gaiters you can choose depending on your personal playstyle and go either with MP+25 Enmity-4 for higher MP build upon recovering MP via ES (earlier use for full MP recovery => earlier ready a second time)or if you like to heal (Cure 4 incoming sooner or later) go with Cure Potency+5%.

mfg Leneth~

[Edit]: some why's. ES+20 will be the best choice untill there is another leg piece with an higher amount or skill+20 and higher amount of MP on it.

due to that you only have one second choice left.
Offensive possibilities on the legs are:
Pet: Accuracy+7 Ranged Accuracy+7
Pet: Magic Accuracy+7 which both is useless as you can get easily an 70 skills over cap Summoning skill to cap out Accuary on BPs very easily and Oracle's(BP:M/phys)/Marduks(BP:M/phys)/AF+1(idle)legs offer allready good Acc pieces in that slot.
Pet: Attack+7 Ranged Attack+7 after capping merrits in that group and testing with several attack+ pieces I can assure you that this will have no effect on your damage output.
Pet: "Store TP"+8 "Subtle Blow"+8 might have been a good augment if you had both slots on the legs avaible and paired it with acc+. also with higher level cap and easier access to perp-1 legs of last update this combination is/will be outdated.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-13 04:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier access to perp-1 legs? Theres 1, came out in this update, and no one knows where it's from yet >.< Either than that, all very good points :o Im thinking ES 20 and Enmity-... or Movement and Enmity-.. or ES and Movement...
 Bismarck.Ondara
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ondara 2010-08-13 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally since perle killed the drg augments on my blitzer poleyn, im redoing for my smn and rdm later this week.
Im doing movement speed +8 + physical dmg taken taken -4%. kiting pants! mind you, like i said, im making it for my rdm and smn...
the ele siphon is incredibly tempting... but i do have a summoning magic skill set for that.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-13 09:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I would say probably Elemental Siphon+20 and Movement Speed+8%, assuming you don't have Herald's Gaiters or other movement speed+.

As soon as level cap increases, /SCH will give you Sandstorm so you can use Desert Boots and then the Movement speed will become obsolete on Tatsumaki. In that situation, I would probably go for something like MACC+7 and Elemental Siphon.

Don't be too quick here, I get the feeling that SE will not give /sch access to weather spells. If blms and smns could give themselves their own weather, I think that would be a HUGE change in the game. While they did give /rdm access to convert, they've nerfed accession, afflatus, and haste while subbing their appropriate jobs.

Weather is are something that is distinctly Scholar's. I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-08-13 16:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuuuu i'm almost relying on /SCH getting storm spells, i bought desert boots and everything getting ready for it :(

If you're picking tatsumaki purely for SMN then yes siphon +20 is a must imo, the new level cap is making it a lot easier to hit the 350 skill cap on siphon strength, my skill+ setup is missing quite a few pieces but i still hit 346 skill at lv80 with capped skill+gear, making elemental siphon +20 aug that much more valuable.

The second aug choice is a toss up, depends on what you want really just never EVER pick pet: accuracy+7 or you've wasted an augment space since AF legs give +14 avatar acc.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-13 21:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Easier access to perp-1 legs? Theres 1, came out in this update, and no one knows where it's from yet >.< Either than that, all very good points :o Im thinking ES 20 and Enmity-... or Movement and Enmity-.. or ES and Movement...

the Augur Legs come from one of the VNMs.

The Empty mob that is exclusive to Promy Dem (Little Sheep/Ram lookin' thing)

Its the Teir III one, I don't know nothin' bout the fight just saw the screenshot of its corpse and a few drops, including Augur Pants

I couldn't even tell you what zone but i assume Dem(A) =|
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-08-17 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did movement +8 and curepotency +5.

Why?

I also have WHM BRD and RDM who use the legs, of which the three of those jobs would make more use of the 5 cure potency than SMN would of the 20 siphon. I'm also typically WHM more often than SMN.