Future Trial Of The Magians Speculations

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Future Trial of the Magians speculations
Future Trial of the Magians speculations
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-08-12 19:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
The market is shrinking, really. And with very little to farm these days, it's like we're having an economic crisis in-game. I can't even figure out what to farm anymore with the little Imperial Standing and Seals I have left.

Perhaps SE plans to have new crafting options in place, or if they don't, they could end up trial-izing stand-out pieces such as that. I wouldn't count on it though, honestly.

With the introduction of Synergy and level cap, I would not be surprised at all if there will start to be 90+ gear that will require several 100+ crafts to create properly. Static Crafting party, anyone? Fight the HNM known as the "Synergy Furnace"! Go! While this is an interesting way to get crafting back into the market, I feel bad for all the individuals who took the time to level crafting for their own individual profit, and not split it 4-10 ways with people who might not always be available to craft at a specific time. I guess it's a good thing you can't lose mats in Synergy, as breaks may cause some serious profit lose.

But I digress from the topic at hand =p

Something I would like to see are some more unorthodox stats being used. We have Store TP weapons right now, can't we have Haste weapons as well? Those weapons can even be branched off to have lower values of Store TP and Haste but both on the same weapon. Or maybe staves that can have Fast Cast unlocked on them. Probably be very broken, but I thought it would be cool.

Since a lot of trials are based off elements, I think it would be cool to upgrade specific elemental items. As some posters have mentioned earlier, Sea Gorgets! These are prime example as they are aligned with a specific WS element. Do a trial to make Sea Gorget +1 for more effect =)

Another cool idea would be a base ring that has four or five elemental trials associated with it. For each trial, it would get a particular stat associated with it, and can keep doing this until you reach the complete a total of four or five trials. Your stats would be based off what trials you completed. After five fire trials, maybe you end up with a +5 STR ring. Or if you do three fire trials and two thunder trials, you would end up with a +3 STR +2 DEX ring. Two ice trials, two water trials, and a light trial later would make a +2 INT +2 MND +1 CHR ring.

Pardon my wall of text, but I do see a lot of potential in the trials, just a matter of what SE does to make them stay interesting.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-12 20:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
The market is shrinking, really. And with very little to farm these days, it's like we're having an economic crisis in-game. I can't even figure out what to farm anymore with the little Imperial Standing and Seals I have left.

Perhaps SE plans to have new crafting options in place, or if they don't, they could end up trial-izing stand-out pieces such as that. I wouldn't count on it though, honestly.

With the introduction of Synergy and level cap, I would not be surprised at all if there will start to be 90+ gear that will require several 100+ crafts to create properly. Static Crafting party, anyone? Fight the HNM known as the "Synergy Furnace"! Go! While this is an interesting way to get crafting back into the market, I feel bad for all the individuals who took the time to level crafting for their own individual profit, and not split it 4-10 ways with people who might not always be available to craft at a specific time. I guess it's a good thing you can't lose mats in Synergy, as breaks may cause some serious profit lose.

But I digress from the topic at hand =p

I haven't done Synergy since I don't have any high-level crafts to make my own money from, so I can't make a significant comment on this, unfortunately.
Quote:
Something I would like to see are some more unorthodox stats being used. We have Store TP weapons right now, can't we have Haste weapons as well? Those weapons can even be branched off to have lower values of Store TP and Haste but both on the same weapon. Or maybe staves that can have Fast Cast unlocked on them. Probably be very broken, but I thought it would be cool.

I would actually like to see this as a viable option, as it could potentially open up certain builds and whatnot for the jobs that can benefit from it. We have Fast Cast Builds, Store TP Builds, Subtle Blow builds and the like, so perhaps something could be created from this idea. There's already the Rune Chopper which gives 9% Haste at the cost of MP. It would be nice to see something similar without the negative latent.
Quote:
Since a lot of trials are based off elements, I think it would be cool to upgrade specific elemental items. As some posters have mentioned earlier, Sea Gorgets! These are prime example as they are aligned with a specific WS element. Do a trial to make Sea Gorget +1 for more effect =)

Trial[insertnumberhere]: 250 Killing blows with any weapon skill sharing its elemental correlation. Could be something. =P
Quote:
Another cool idea would be a base ring that has four or five elemental trials associated with it. For each trial, it would get a particular stat associated with it, and can keep doing this until you reach the complete a total of four or five trials. Your stats would be based off what trials you completed. After five fire trials, maybe you end up with a +5 STR ring. Or if you do three fire trials and two thunder trials, you would end up with a +3 STR +2 DEX ring. Two ice trials, two water trials, and a light trial later would make a +2 INT +2 MND +1 CHR ring.

Free Rings...I like the sound of that. Makes me wanna sell my Aqua and Snow rings, lol. >_>