Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-08-09 18:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm at the Trial before this one:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1095

The description for the above trial states that the Athame must be equipped... however, the completion of the trial is acquiring and turning in 10 Chukwa's Eggs. What I'm wondering is if you really need the Athame equipped, given the trial just needs the items. And, if not, can I start collecting them now to stockpile for when I'm on that trial?

I figure this one is similar to a lot of other trials that require Abyssea NM drops, so maybe someone knows this. There's nothing in the Discussion tab on that page, and I wasn't sure if the "must be equipped" thing was just the template copied over.

So, can I stockpile Abyssea NM drops for Trials before I'm on that trial, or no?
 Leviathan.Tip
Server: Leviathan
user: Soho
By Leviathan.Tip 2010-08-09 18:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to equip the previous weapon in order to activate the new trial. Once the trial is activated, you will then be able to turn the items in to the box that is next to the Moogle.

You do not need to have the weapon equipped to hand in trophy items once that specific trial is activated, but you cannot hand in trophy items for a trial that is not activated yet. So collecting items too far in advance, means inventory -20.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-08-09 23:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks for the heads-up. Follow-up question: once on a trial that needs those drops - I've noticed they do not stack - can you deposit them into the Splintery Box before collecting all 10, 20, or 50 (depending on trial)? Or do you actually need to somehow make room for up to 50 non-stackable items in inventory?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-09 23:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can do them one at a time... in fact it is kinda impossible to trade them all at once.

Should be just like any trial each time you do one it will count down.

Interestingly I find them in bazaars alot for decent prices and I've thrown away a few (yay higher dmg OAT staff lol). But probably cause alot of people are doing the much easier and probably better 2-3 paths
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-10 00:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a lot of Marvin's Pelage for ~20k, Mikey's Nuggets ~50k, Keesha Poppo's Pamamas ~50k as well. Considering it's still early days for abyssea, it looks like these weapons won't be so bad at all after the VNM stage.
 Leviathan.Tip
Server: Leviathan
user: Soho
By Leviathan.Tip 2010-08-10 01:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Follow-up question: once on a trial that needs those drops - I've noticed they do not stack - can you deposit them into the Splintery Box before collecting all 10, 20, or 50 (depending on trial)? Or do you actually need to somehow make room for up to 50 non-stackable items in inventory?

Once you have a trial active, you can deposit any number of them in the box for that trial (as you get them).

However, you can't deposit the ones for the next trial until you've completed the trial that you're currently on. So if you're collecting for a future trial, you have to hold those in your inventory until you activate that trial.