I Just Did The Stupidest Thing...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I just did the stupidest thing...
I just did the stupidest thing...
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-16 18:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I was dumping a bunch of the NQ dream crap I had laying around from the christmas event, and I accidentily dropped my War Hoop (DNC AF weapon). I just went and spoke to Laila and Rhea whatever her names is (the two NPCs that trigger the quest) and they weren't helpful...

Any idea's? Am I screwed here or what? Please tell me I'm not screwed... ;;
 Kujata.Maidak
Server: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-16 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ur not screwed theres something you can do to like "erase your memory" to repeat the quest
 Phoenix.Kaeli
Server: Phoenix
user: Kaeli
By Phoenix.Kaeli 2009-01-16 18:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've completed all of the AF quests, you can use this guy to reset them and re-quest your AF starting with AF1.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/Vingijard
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-16 18:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaeli said:
If you've completed all of the AF quests, you can use this guy to reset them and re-quest your AF starting with AF1.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/Vingijard

Does that mean I'd have to do ALL the AF quests again? 'Cause the DNC AF is really awesome in that most pieces aren't actually quested, their "crafted" by an NPC...the mats for which costs a fortune. So Am I gonna have to go and have the other pieces recrafted too, since I dropped the AF1?
 Phoenix.Kaeli
By Phoenix.Kaeli 2009-01-16 19:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it'll flag them as undone, but I believe you don't have to toss your old pieces unless you want to redo them.

I don't think just doing AF1 will prevent you from doing any other AF quests, but I'm not entirely sure. Especially for a job that doesn't have coffers.

I had my SMN AF open for a long time after I upgraded my feet, but I still had all the other pieces until I decided I wasn't upgrading any others and wanted to store it.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-16 19:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i did the same thing with RDM AF pants. /comfort
i'm not sure about how it will work with dnc because the AF is crafted.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-16 19:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
i did the same thing with RDM AF pants. /comfort
i'm not sure about how it will work with dnc because the AF is crafted.

The hoop isn't :P
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-16 19:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just realized something else really awesome...say I CAN wipe my AF memory or whatever it's called...since my G5 is actually through Laila as well, and the prerequisites are all the AF quests, yeah, can't do G5 until I redo them all, if I do redo it.

Awesome...lol and I thought bidding 30k for a single Imperial Bronze Piece accidently was my most boneheaded move, I finally topped my list! /cry
 Phoenix.Kaeli
By Phoenix.Kaeli 2009-01-16 19:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The crafted armor comes from the same NPC as the quests? For BLU it was a different NPC not involved in the main line of quests.

If it's a different NPC, you can just do 1 now and when you get to level 70, do 2 and 3.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-16 19:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Awesome...lol and I thought bidding 30k for a single Imperial Bronze Piece accidently was my most boneheaded move, I finally topped my list! /cry

I just bought a Butterfly Axe for 18k by mistake ; ;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-16 19:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaeli said:
The crafted armor comes from the same NPC as the quests? For BLU it was a different NPC not involved in the main line of quests.

If it's a different NPC, you can just do 1 now and when you get to level 70, do 2 and 3.

No it's different, actually. I'll probably have to wait anyways, I had help doing the other quests 'cause one involved farming Yagudo Glue off of pissed off Yags in Saruta (S) so I dunno...on the plus side I don't actually USE the AF that often, but I wanted it anyways...oh well...
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-16 21:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I just bought a Butterfly Axe for 18k by mistake ; ;

>.<; i payed 21k for that lvl24 chain mail, wanting to spend 11K >.< kinda added the numbers wrong ;\
 Bahamut.Lyle
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-16 22:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There is so much lag at auction house it isn't hard to make a mistake.

Fortunately, unless you are constantly in a rush such mistakes are few and far between.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-01-17 00:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort
 Kujata.Maidak
Server: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-17 02:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i've gone way over board with those AH mistakes buying 10k items for 1m gil did that a couple times cuz i thought i was buying like a cursed item -1 but instead i got a peice of crap cursed item
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-01-17 03:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as it would suck to have to wait until finishing your G5 quest, DNC AF quests are so weird I'd suggest waiting before erasing your memory.

As for stupid AH transactions, I did a BCNM for erase back in the day when it was worth 340k, and when 340k was a HUGE sum of money. The BCNM went quite late and I was in charge of selling everything, but in my sleep-deprived stupor I sold the scroll for 40k. I spent the next several weeks farming to pay the difference to some very angry acquaintances. <.<;

User submitted image

ahh... the good ol' days. I actually found the guy that bought it from me, but he was Japanese and didn't understand my gaijin rantings. Maybe he just pretended to be Japanese... <.<
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-01-17 04:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks sammitch ;_; i've done that before too.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-01-17 05:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought a sorcerer's earring for 1,4mil back in 06 when i was supposed to buy the ring. Earring price at the time 30k, wish i screenie'd it. I've never made an auction house "mistake" since then.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-17 05:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only mistake I ever made on the AH was purchasing some summoner gear.

I didn't pay the wrong price or anything, I just wish I had not wasted time getting gear and leveling that job.
 Odin.Genja
Server: Odin
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2009-01-17 06:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

one time i droped 64 beastmen seals...... top that!
 Bahamut.Lyle
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-17 06:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I Dropped over 700! (was right before they made them npc storage and was needing the storage very much so) :P
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-17 11:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so much a mistake as much a "DOH!" moment. Back when I was leveling Bard, I wanted a Wind Earring so bad but they were 600k on my server. But every day, I'd try to buy one for 100k-300k just to see if I'd get lucky and someone was trying to undercut or something (Was always like 3-4 on the AH but they didnt sell very fast at all). One day, I didnt even bother cause I thought, what are the odds.

Next day I checked the history and sure enough, a friend of mine had bought a Wind Earring for 275k!

Argh!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-17 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice everyone, and for the comforting words. I'm not as pissed off about it as I was last night; my LS actually helped me put things in perspective: "Hey, at least you didn't drop your Scorpion Harness"...lol.

As suggested, I'm just going to wait and do it later. I very rarely pull, and I've usually got a Smart Grenade equipped for the hidden Attack +4 Latent Effect anyways. I was at least smart enough to delete my {fishing] macro (I could SO see myself accidently mashing that and getting the "Unable to Equip War Hoop" and pitching my irreplaceable Smart Grenade ^^) so that's a plus.

And YOU GUYS have helped me put my overbidding in perspective...I was really pissed at my 30k mistake, I can't even imagine losing out on hundreds of thousands, that'd be like my ENTIRE bankroll...so /comfort back to you guys as well ^^
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-17 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyle said:
I Dropped over 700! (was right before they made them npc storage and was needing the storage very much so) :P

Ive droped well over 1000 ._. back in the old day's befor i knew wtf they where for i would drop stacks at a time, for a Crystal, or something stupid normaly stacks of 34-50 at a time, (allmost 10 seals per level and i solo'd alot lol..)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Narse
Server: Remora
user: Narse
By Remora.Narse 2009-01-18 11:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you still have all 5 pieces of the AF, you can just store the set on the storage NPC instead of tossing them. Clear your memory, take AF out of storage, re-quest War Hoop.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-01-18 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have bought a corsair's knife(100k) for 3 400 000 gil trying to bid on Mercurial kriss back then lol. /Stagger

And I don't know if you know about it but everyone kinda have 1 free pass for a deleted item recovery. You contact a GM and if you have information like the time it happened and in which zone, they will restore your item. Note that they won't do it twice and it doesn't work in some occasion but it always worth a shot. You might want to keep your "coupon" for a bigger item than an AF weapon though. GL!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 12:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've kinda gotten over it at this point. I was hella pissed at myself at the time, but "time heals all wounds" and all that good stuff... ^^

I'm going to get it back, but as it's not too terribly important at this juncture it can wait. Once I get 70 it'll be a piece of cake to get through the different prerequisite quests anyways...and like you said, I'd rather keep my "coupon" for when I accidentally drop my Relic Weapon or something infinitely more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol