Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Elemental Kill Trials
Elemental Kill Trials
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-05 00:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, did SE go the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE direction and make it so a proper kill with elemental dmg doesn't count for you even tho you're both on the trial?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 00:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kill shot.

2 people can't get killshots on the same mob ;). However if you only need the mob to die and they need killshots that works.

Just be glad you don't have to do this trial

Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-05 00:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but for trials like this "Defeat 50 monsters of the crab family." 2+ People can't 'defeat' the same monster either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 00:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But everyone in xp range did help to defeat the mob. Otherwise you wouldn't have gotten xp for it. Pretty much the same thing.

Multiple people can't help get a killshot.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-08-05 00:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
It's kill shot.

2 people can't get killshots on the same mob ;). However if you only need the mob to die and they need killshots that works.

Just be glad you don't have to do this trial

Just kill puks or Mamool DRG pets in Bhaf thickets... not like they're asking you to kill 1.5K Dahaks. D:
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 00:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
It's kill shot. 2 people can't get killshots on the same mob ;). However if you only need the mob to die and they need killshots that works. Just be glad you don't have to do this trial
Just kill puks or Mamool DRG pets in Bhaf thickets... not like they're asking you to kill 1.5K Dahaks. D:
Yeah but it's Leaden salute!!! Well I guess rngs have it worse with trueflight and not being able to blm roll themselves
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-05 00:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know but just saying, it says 'defeat' and when something dies it doesn't say "Everyone 'defeats' the monster." One person "Defeated" it.

Anyways, if the killshot is by someone who is on the trial, those with the trial should get credit. That's how I feel it should work. It honestly makes me feel like tossing my 2 Teiwaz cause now going to have to do double for every trial. Once for me, and once for gf.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 00:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why doesn't your gf um do your gfs? Also if you plan it right you can mix defeats with kill shots
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-05 01:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're doing two trials and you're complaining about having to do it twice? If the trial was for ws's, it's not like you'd both get credit for every ws that either one of you get, why should this be any different?

I'm not defending the magian system, 'cause I *** hate hate hate it, especially the waiting for day/weather bs, but use your head.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-20 14:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

___***BUMP***___

Anyone have any suggestions for these trials? I'm going for 7 ele staffs (ugh) and trying to plan a strategy that doesn't involve ripping my hair out.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 14:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

well day of the week bonus helps a ton now, so the first 2 trials are a breeze now... treants in grauberg for #1, slimes in mire for #2 by the hill that people used to exp camp imps on (5m repop and water weather is decently common, just gotta go at the right time and mind the water elemental there).

for my first 2 ice ones, for the "any 50 mobs on ice day/weather" i did tiger pets in xarcabard (s) by the OP, super easy to kill in 2 nukes as sch. for the amorphs i did worms in ulegurand range, just go east from start and there are a few in the tunnel there, just gotta watch out for the bat. unfortunately thats all I have done so far..the "arcana trial with ice kill shots" made me want to shoot myself cuz it got boring fast lol. I'll have to pick it up again shortly for that staff
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-20 14:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonuses don't count for the finishing blows Q_Q

I'm past the easy stuff in all 7 staffs, i just have about 4k+ individual finishing blows.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
The bonuses don't count for the finishing blows Q_Q I'm past the easy stuff in all 7 staffs, i just have about 4k+ individual finishing blows.
Yeah what's up with that BS?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 14:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what's "up" with it...is the weather bonus is just that..a weather bonus... the kill shot trials no longer require "day of the week/weather" to proc credit on the trials...ya it blows, i know ><
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-09-20 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea... I'm working on doing all 6 ele. staves. I've tried several methods... all are equally painful.

-Standard Nuking(single): Nuke it until it dies. Slow, uses a lot of mp. Good if you can one shot pets.

-Area Nuking: Only useful for the blm (which I don't have). Bit of a death factor if you decide to gather 20+ mob. (I tried it with a blm mule, meh.)

-Melee to 5-10% hp then nuke: It's okay if you are rdm, you lose your tp, but it's a way to grind it. I usually rdm/war and poke stuff meh~. I tried Sch + mnk mule. It is a bit faster, but dual boxing makes me dizzy.

These goes a lot faster if you bribe or guilt your friends to help you gather and bring mob down to 5% and let you finish it. Or leech a trial party and nudge them for the kill shot.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 14:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh just seems unfair I have to killshot a good 200 or so but a weather/day I can gather 10 and aga them and do the whole trial lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-20 15:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
Yea... I'm working on doing all 6 ele. staves. I've tried several methods... all are equally painful.

-Standard Nuking(single): Nuke it until it dies. Slow, uses a lot of mp. Good if you can one shot pets.

-Area Nuking: Only useful for the blm (which I don't have). Bit of a death factor if you decide to gather 20+ mob. (I tried it with a blm mule, meh.)

-Melee to 5-10% hp then nuke: It's okay if you are rdm, you lose your tp, but it's a way to grind it. I usually rdm/war and poke stuff meh~. I tried Sch + mnk mule. It is a bit faster, but dual boxing makes me dizzy.

These goes a lot faster if you bribe or guilt your friends to help you gather and bring mob down to 5% and let you finish it. Or leech a trial party and nudge them for the kill shot.

Ok so I'm screwed... Im a Sch so there's no meleeing I can do without dying. There is no GA-ing unless I sub Blm, even then its probably more dangerous than its worth. I don't Dual Box so thats out and I don't think i have enough gil to successfully bribe my shell/friends into helping me do 6000+ kills.

Q_Q

These went so much faster in the beginning on SMN, I could kill at least 5+ mobs between every rest period. Nukeing on SCH however I'm lucky to get 3 inbetween resting. I haven't tried this yet but anyone know if you can get credit for an avatar casting the T2 or T4 version of the spell?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 15:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive completed indra/varuna/surya+1, 80% on vayu+1 trial, 50% on agni+1 trial, soma staff, and 40% kubera, they dont take that long really. Just jump about on the trials so it doesnt get monotonous. Hopefully Ill have 7 +1s by end of september, 3 hours a night 15hours ish ill finish the vayu, agni and soma+1 by end of this week.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 15:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds more like you just have alot more time on your hands to just do these staffs than alot of people do
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

or he doesn't get mega bored nuking the same mob solo over and over....but then again if i could one-shot that mob type, i'd be happy about it too hehe (no blm so no AM2s for meh!..I only have sch lol)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-09-20 16:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I saw this-

Objective Adjustments
The objectives of certain trials, including monster types, weather/weekday conditions and finishing blows are scheduled to receive refinements.

On 08/20/10, I figured GREAT! SE may reduce the amount of mob you need to kill or relax the finishing blow requirement (like anyone in the party gets the credit, so long as the mob died under that condition). Jokes on me thinking SE will make a mage's life easier.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 17:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sounds more like you just have alot more time on your hands to just do these staffs than alot of people do

Bit rich from the guy with 40,000 post count, between basilo and krsone im only like 1/40th of that. The staffs really dont take that long and only other event I do in game atm is salvage am yet to really start abyssea properly and lvl any jobs besides blm and mnk.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
or he doesn't get mega bored nuking the same mob solo over and over....but then again if i could one-shot that mob type, i'd be happy about it too hehe (no blm so no AM2s for meh!..I only have sch lol)

You cant one shot many eps even with best gear possible and am2 will only reduce most trial mobs to 20% max. Skeleton/moriouche/treant/spider/rabbit/crab etc. I can only think of chigoes where ive managed to aga3 one shot 2 of them per bush in grauberg.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 17:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
___***BUMP***___ Anyone have any suggestions for these trials? I'm going for 7 ele staffs (ugh) and trying to plan a strategy that doesn't involve ripping my hair out.

I can give u advice for a camp/mob depending on trial you have in question.

Obviously they all start with 50 treants, I would just check weather npc in whitegate for thickets only and do it there or mire now you can do this one in 1 group aga 10 treants whole trial done in 1 go. Even if wind comes and goes you can hold them for a bit at least when it pops whole trial will be finished in one aga. 5 objectives per kill now is nice.

Slimes i always did mire, spiders tree/thickets, then next trial 50 any mob on 1 elemental day chigoes in grauberg are best 2 per bush you only need to jump between 3 bushes 5 min repop 6 kills per 5mins and youll fit in 50 in about 45mins.

Then from there on depends on trial youre finding particularly slow, I may have a suggestion.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 18:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bit rich from the guy with 40,000 post count, between basilo and krsone im only like 1/40th of that. The staffs really dont take that long and only other event I do in game atm is salvage am yet to really start abyssea properly and lvl any jobs besides blm and mnk.
Over the course of a over a year while playing lol... but from your overdefensiveness I'd say I was spot on.

Either way alot of people have more jobs, events, and/or rl stuff so getting all the stays is actually a huge timesink
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-20 18:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When I saw this-

Objective Adjustments
The objectives of certain trials, including monster types, weather/weekday conditions and finishing blows are scheduled to receive refinements.

On 08/20/10, I figured GREAT! SE may reduce the amount of mob you need to kill or relax the finishing blow requirement (like anyone in the party gets the credit, so long as the mob died under that condition). Jokes on me thinking SE will make a mage's life easier.

What? They did change it. As long as say someone in the party gets the kill shot of 50+ Ice damage, everyone on that trial with the staff on gets credit for the kill.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 18:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Over the course of a over a year while playing lol... but from your overdefensiveness I'd say I was spot on.

OVER defensiveness? I only felt it was necessary to reply on the matter doesnt mean its spot on but you can think what you like.
I have a job I work im sure you do too im not going to judge you just thought it was ammusing someone with such a ridiculous post count would judge me.

Perhaps learn to play blm faster :D .
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 18:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's really really really a huge overdefensiveness since no one was judging you. Just saying your trivialization of the time it takes is clearly due to having more time to spend on the trials than alot of people which you have more or less admitted to.

I spend most my play time on other stuff seeing as I have like 5 75+ jobs and event some and most people are doing alot of af3 stuff right now. SO yeah thousands of kills per staff is a big time sink.

And lol at you judging my blm playing based on nothing.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 18:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
When I saw this- Objective Adjustments The objectives of certain trials, including monster types, weather/weekday conditions and finishing blows are scheduled to receive refinements. On 08/20/10, I figured GREAT! SE may reduce the amount of mob you need to kill or relax the finishing blow requirement (like anyone in the party gets the credit, so long as the mob died under that condition). Jokes on me thinking SE will make a mage's life easier.
What? They did change it. As long as say someone in the party gets the kill shot of 50+ Ice damage, everyone on that trial with the staff on gets credit for the kill.

Ahhh thats cool prolly why there was a pt of blm afterlizards when melee alliance was in kuftal after em too on firesday. Thats made it a bit faster I guess it just comes down to how many pops in the zone now,if you can take 18blms go for it. It will make varuna+1 250 wyvern trial faster thats for sure, that one was particularly slow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-09-20 18:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
<snip>

Damn really... why didn't I get the MEMO >.<;

I haven't really done much trials after the update. Now too bad no one really does these trials, except the insane.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-21 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
<snip>

Damn really... why didn't I get the MEMO >.<;

I haven't really done much trials after the update. Now too bad no one really does these trials, except the insane.

I can confirm this as well! Tried it last night and got credit for someone else's kill shot. They need to nuke with the required dmg and element type. They do not even need to have the same trial activated.

I'm so glad I reopened this thread.