users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 1st start
1st start
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-08-04 06:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a big fan of Final Fantasy. Played all games! So than i saw FFXI is online and i cant play it because my parents didnt allowed me do play on theyr Computer -.-

When i started my job i buyed my own pc and later a Xbox 360. I got my own home and my own internet. First thing i done was buying FFXI and started to play it.

I played it like 2 weeks and than i reinstalled it. It was to boooooring for me and i didnt know what to do next in game.

But than a week later i realy missed the game and was mad that i didnt gave the game a real chance. So i installed it again and now i am playing it since 3 years ^^

(Funny thing was, i was in Jeuno and saw a DRG in full AF. I asked him how i can get such an amazing equip. ^^)
By cervelo84 2010-08-04 06:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing Asherons call 2 and I loved it but the end game was soo bad, and my friends said FFXI beta is wayyy better.

Bam- wa-Bam ffxi it was.
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-08-04 07:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I had just started college for game design and felt I should expand my gaming horizons. I played most of the previous FFs so I figured I'd give the MMO version a try.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-04 07:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rl friend started playing it and said I should give it a try.

He quit at level 30 dark and spent months of getting no parties. When he quit I was 75 rdm.
 Asura.Minkydink
user: Myumi
By Asura.Minkydink 2010-08-04 07:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm always liked Final Fantasy, tho when i heard 11 was online i wasnt sure i wanted to play it, didnt think it would be the same lol But the ex started playing, watched him abit, made a char on his account, liked it, got my own pc and copy of game and 5 years later im still playing lol
Taken a few breaks here and there, played two accounts, moved server, made some good friends, lost a few too and oh yeah, met someone called Rinkydinky ^.~
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-08-04 08:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing an ad in gameinformer saying it was coming to PS2 when I was in... 9th grade some 7-8 years ago. I loved ff (although I hadn't played many of the games at the time) and I had never tried an MMO before.

^that was my first introduction to it. Number 11

Some 4-5 years ago I got the 360 beta for free when I had been subscribed to xbox magazine. So I got to try it with a few friends at the time. I didn't actually have any other games for the 360 at the time (not sure why I got a 360 with no games) so I was playing ffxi.

I played until the beta ran out. I eventually got to lvl 21 WAR I believe (which I thought was a really high lvl) mostly soloing because I didn't know how to party. About a month after the beta ended, my friend and I who had been playing together (my only "rl friend" who still plays) psyched eachother up to get it. It turned out we weren't on the same server (at the time you couldn't change servers).

It was disappointing (now he's on my server) but here I am never having stopped playing/paying for my account since I started. I went about 6 months when I had a gf where I played only a little, and went about 5 months semi-recently not having enough time to play but I'd get on once a month. But now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. DAMN YOU RL!! BE LESS TIME CONSUMING!

Sorry for the life story :P
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-04 09:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wife bought it for me back in 2004, worst mistake she ever made( Other than marriage. lol) 6 years and counting.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-08-04 09:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RL friend started playing it so I did the same. Made it to lvl 30 before I quit. Then like 3 years later I was at best buy and saw the game and decided to try it again. Been hooked ever since. :D
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-08-04 09:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Wife bought it for me back in 2004, worst mistake she ever made( Other than marriage. lol) 6 years and counting.
Awww.. :( That was depressing.. lol
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 09:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I played all the previous FF's so I felt obligated to try 11. I bought it for PS2, spent over $500 on the HD and everything. I returned it 3 times, not having called in to find out my ISP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and required a router for it to work.

I played for 3+ years without a keyboard! >.< It took me fooooooooorever to type a sentence.

Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-04 09:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"My Life In Vana'diel" episode 1, in GMR magazine #19, that's what started it for me....

MILKMAN FTW
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-04 09:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i bought the old Version of FFXI with like 8 or 9 CD's. i never could play it because i had no Creditcard. But one day i decided: screw it make a virtual credit card and just do it. didn't want to miss the game content, storyline etc. When i installed it like the 3rd time now i saw different payment method for my country and i didnt need a credit card for it anymore. that's when i started. gosh march 2007 so long ago.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-04 09:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I started because i was looking for a new game for the xbox and saw FFxi was there.. seeing how i had the rest of the collection i felt obliged to get it and play it. met a few guys who helped me get my lvls to like 40 rdm and 30smn all spirits all nin spells etc i felt it was easy.

then i stopped playing because i couldnt afford it/got a bit of a life. (couldnt afford it because i had a life!!)

I kept in touch with a couple of people then decided to return after 3 yrs.. tried to get my character back thru appreciation service or w/e it was and SE cldnt recognise it.

I created a new character learnt more about the game then discovered i could have just reactivated my old char from the outset.

To date it still has mroe nin and smn spells than i do now! lol

Best decision i made was to come back... Ive learnt a lot about Trolls and epeens and elitists ^^ lol

Cerberus.Juliusi
user: juliusi
By Cerberus.Juliusi 2010-08-04 19:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

most of you guys came cuz of the other ff's
my fav ff was the one with that BLM vivi. anyone know what im talking about?
i wanna beat it my 4th disc always froze :(
5 years later LMFAO
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-04 19:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my brother and me loved video games, especially the Final Fantasy franchise and RPGs.

i was really young when he was playing and then when i was old enough he bought it for me on my PS2, i got hooked

only met liek 1 person irl that played it or knew about it thou, excluding the people that started playing with my brother
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-04 19:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phantasy Star Online had shut down, and I saw FFXI in a magazine so I picked it up. To this day I remember laughing with friends about the warning reminding you not to forget about RL. :<
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-04 19:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw it on a shelf, at best buy idk what I was really thinking because the first time i brought it, i quit 10 mins into it because i was like 11 or 10 and I didnt know how to move on a laptop. and then a year or 3 I picked it up later to try again/
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-04 20:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Just saw it on a shelf, at best buy idk what I was really thinking because the first time i brought it, i quit 10 mins into it because i was like 11 or 10 and I didnt know how to move on a laptop. and then a year or 3 I picked it up later to try again/
xD

I hated playing on a laptop when I first started, have to hold down the Fn key all the time. :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 20:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Phantasy Star Online had shut down, and I saw FFXI in a magazine so I picked it up. To this day I remember laughing with friends about the warning reminding you not to forget about RL. :<

Phantay star online was amazing.. I quit that asap when this game hit europe tho D:
But I still fire it up on my wii once in awhile, just sucks the servers are down :(

I got to know this game via some famous PSO player I can't remember the name of, and it just looked too amazing not to try it out:p
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-04 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A RL friend from my college class played FFXI and I was already a fan. One day when we were looking around stores, I saw the basic game for a cheap *** £3 (No expansions, lol) and thought, why the hell not?

Joined up, friend left about 7-8 months after I'd joined (He'd already been playing 11 months before I joined). I remember when I first started I was a whm and proud of it... Now I hate the job. I used to solo quests, NMs and even PVP as whm, lol all way to level 60. I remember when I was about Lv25 I spent 25k on a Pixie Mace and it was my pride & joy.. That was a hell of a lot of gilz!!! lol

Ah.. I remember tag-teaming whm & whm vs drg in Lv50cap pvp.. Drg didn't stand a chance XD

Those were the days :')
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-04 20:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Phantay star online was amazing.. I quit that asap when this game hit europe tho D:
But I still fire it up on my wii once in awhile, just sucks the servers are down :(

I got to know this game via some famous PSO player I can't remember the name of, and it just looked too amazing not to try it out:p

lol I played that till servers were shut down. Well, on and off after FFXI hit. Was bad though, only had dial up and some amazing phone bills.