Forum » FFXI » General » What are we supposed to do with level 99 jobs exac
What are we supposed to do with level 99 jobs exac
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 18:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope SE either makes at least one of the abyssea zones untimed or has some sort of new expansion in the works to accommodate max level characters. Otherwise, what are we supposed to do, run around pwning WG mobs or something... just seems kind of pointless to me. But hey, im just Q.Q'ing because id really like get another year at least out of FFXI. Don't leave us hanging SE!
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2010-08-03 18:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Each of the next two updates are coming with adds to abyssea, id assume in tougher areas with tougher mobs but who knows. I am ready to see the boss that requires the party/alliance members to use the Primeval Brew, should be fun :)
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-03 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the nature of an MMO, especially one reaching it's sunset phase.

With that said, and to answer your question: Have fun!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 18:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

First nobody said they would do a level cap past 75.... and now everyone still thinks its dying when it would be the PERFECT time for another full expansion to take over once WOTG is finished soon.

Anyone saying FFXI is dead or dying is just looking for a new game to play or over hyping FFXIV
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 18:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean i admit this game has nearly run its course (but one more major expansion that isn't timed would make FFXI go down as one of the most diverse, content-rich MMORPG's ever. Doesn't have to be a WG sized expansion, just one about the scale of WotG where the mobs are straight out of hell and everything about it just screams "hey you made it to the top of the game" But i wont be too critical until I see how this next update is handled. (I'm assuming new WG exp camps and a rougher abyssea in which to get to 90.... and hopefully the stones wont be linked ; ;
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-03 18:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
First nobody said they would do a level cap past 75.... and now everyone still thinks its dying when it would be the PERFECT time for another full expansion to take over once WOTG is finished soon.

Anyone saying FFXI is dead or dying is just looking for a new game to play or over hyping FFXIV

Disagree. I seriously doubt SE are going to release an expansion as big as WoTG or ToAU, all they are doing is mini-expansions and realtering the lvl of current monsters.. So there is actually SOMEWHERE for the Lv80s (Soon lv90s/99s) to pt if they se choose to.. However that's also pointless now since getting an 18 man abyssea is faster than a 6man pt.

I honestly think they are just trying to put that last little life into FFXI. Don't get me wrong, I believe the servers will be open for a while to come, but the game won't be the same.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 18:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Disagree. I seriously doubt SE are going to release an expansion as big as WoTG or ToAU, all they are doing is mini-expansions and realtering the lvl of current monsters.. So there is actually SOMEWHERE for the Lv80s (Soon lv90s/99s) to pt if they se choose to.. However that's also pointless now since getting an 18 man abyssea is faster than a 6man pt.

I honestly think they are just trying to put that last little life into FFXI. Don't get me wrong, I believe the servers will be open for a while to come, but the game won't be the same.
It'll happen... we will see another apoc nigh type scenario too in the minimum that brings all the characters of all major expansions together again.

Watch and see.
[+]
 Titan.Elevan
Server: Titan
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2010-08-03 18:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
First nobody said they would do a level cap past 75.... and now everyone still thinks its dying when it would be the PERFECT time for another full expansion to take over once WOTG is finished soon. Anyone saying FFXI is dead or dying is just looking for a new game to play or over hyping FFXIV
Disagree. I seriously doubt SE are going to release an expansion as big as WoTG or ToAU, all they are doing is mini-expansions and realtering the lvl of current monsters.. So there is actually SOMEWHERE for the Lv80s (Soon lv90s/99s) to pt if they se choose to.. However that's also pointless now since getting an 18 man abyssea is faster than a 6man pt. I honestly think they are just trying to put that last little life into FFXI. Don't get me wrong, I believe the servers will be open for a while to come, but the game won't be the same.
It'll happen... we will see another apoc nigh type scenario too in the minimum that brings all the characters of all major expansions together again. Watch and see.

It won't happen anytime soon. Probably for not even 2 years. SE said that XI has had it's time and want to move on to XIV. The dev team's focus is on XIV, while XI is just going to get these add-ons.

Reunion scenario? The Last Verse perhaps?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-03 18:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Elevan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
First nobody said they would do a level cap past 75.... and now everyone still thinks its dying when it would be the PERFECT time for another full expansion to take over once WOTG is finished soon. Anyone saying FFXI is dead or dying is just looking for a new game to play or over hyping FFXIV
Disagree. I seriously doubt SE are going to release an expansion as big as WoTG or ToAU, all they are doing is mini-expansions and realtering the lvl of current monsters.. So there is actually SOMEWHERE for the Lv80s (Soon lv90s/99s) to pt if they se choose to.. However that's also pointless now since getting an 18 man abyssea is faster than a 6man pt. I honestly think they are just trying to put that last little life into FFXI. Don't get me wrong, I believe the servers will be open for a while to come, but the game won't be the same.
It'll happen... we will see another apoc nigh type scenario too in the minimum that brings all the characters of all major expansions together again. Watch and see.

It won't happen anytime soon. Probably for not even 2 years. SE said that XI has had it's time and want to move on to XIV. The dev team's focus is on XIV, while XI is just going to get these add-ons.

Reunion scenario? The Last Verse perhaps?
Source for that information?

I could swear they said both games still had developers and planned to add content for at least another entire year after the level cap update. Not all developers went to XIV... maybe 50-60% of them did.

And i didn't say soon lol. 99 Isn't even soon. But when they finish WOTG storyline I would bet all my gil/entire account worth on another full expansion for the 99 crew. Just like i bet gil/account worth on a level cap past 75.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 18:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what i want to hear ^^ Long live FFXI.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-03 18:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall a source, but I do remember seeing something like what Elevan is saying. Around the time when FFXIV was announced, I believe SE was saying that after they finished the (Then-unnamed) trio of addons, they were going to stop with major additions to the game and focus on content for FFXIV.
[+]
 Valefor.Xiga
Server: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-08-03 19:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yes, that's why I've sunken my char in the limbo of the internet. Starting to augment a high DMG Greataxe and ending up right before the trial "farm 50 Glavoid Shells rofl...do so or toss it right now lmao" just isn't cool. ^^ And well...there's a long way till 99, more trials to come and you cannot be sure where it ends because trials come step by step. I've got the feeling SE desperately tries to keep FFXI alive, treating it like a cash cow and that's kinda annoying. It wasn't a QQ quit (and ofc the augmenting-system wasn't the only reason), it was more of a "I won't shovel any more money up into SE *** and better have 5 more beers instead!"-quit. Right before the huge last update, I wasn't even thinking about quitting. And yes, there will be plenty of new content, and I hope for all of you that the coming updates will be enjoyable... ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-08-03 19:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To OP: I've begun to wonder tht also. I'm not gonna QQ, I still enjoy the game and still play DRG like it's new to me. I hope the new areas aren't linked with stones, perhaps even being unlocked, although after thinking on it a while I realised tht they did it with stones to prevent camp hoarding and nm monopolizing. If you want to stay in the zone, you have to 'earn' it. I'm curious to how they'll handle the next two expansions. Either way I hope I'll b around to see. Typing from my iPhone, excuse my shorthand and misspellings.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-03 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

smn burn everything!

Really though there are ok ways of getting xp for 80 before they added stuff

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 19:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

God here come the thread de-railers, please leave my thread alone, that's just malicious non-sense.
[+]
 Asura.Lilbuttons
Server: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2010-08-03 19:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not gunna point out that a little game called Counterstrike has been around for years, yet has never had an "expansion", but is still going strong with a VERY large player base and MLG.

Just not saying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-03 20:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im thinking of just leaving ff all together XD
Not only im now super bored and soon i wont have the time id like to play ff, all i see in the future of ff is Abyssea for exp and when ur not in abyssea u are doing ToTm killing 5000 Fire eles in water weather to upgrade your ares body or ebody. (fire eles dont pop in water weather.. i know)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-03 20:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lilbuttons said:
I'm not gunna point out that a little game called Counterstrike has been around for years, yet has never had an "expansion", but is still going strong with a VERY large player base and MLG.

Just not saying.

It's a *** shooter. You win and lose in that game. There's competition. As for an MMO - once you get everything (worth anything, that is), you're pretty much done.
[+]
 Asura.Lilbuttons
Server: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2010-08-03 20:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Who has gotten everything in FFXI O.o
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 20:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He said everything worth anything, which is different for everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-03 20:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Im thinking of just leaving ff all together XD
Not only im now super bored and soon i wont have the time id like to play ff, all i see in the future of ff is Abyssea for exp and when ur not in abyssea u are doing ToTm killing 5000 Fire eles in water weather to upgrade your ares body or ebody. (fire eles dont pop in water weather.. i know)

but they can pop on waters day:O!
By LorettaFFxi 2010-08-03 20:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Im thinking of just leaving ff all together XD Not only im now super bored and soon i wont have the time id like to play ff, all i see in the future of ff is Abyssea for exp and when ur not in abyssea u are doing ToTm killing 5000 Fire eles in water weather to upgrade your ares body or ebody. (fire eles dont pop in water weather.. i know)
but they can pop on waters day:O!
lol haha this is true :P
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-04 01:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:

Disagree. I seriously doubt SE are going to release an expansion as big as WoTG or ToAU,

As long as it gives them money they'll do it. ToAU is not that big. I mean when it was released the only thing to do was EXP/merit and ... assault. There was no endgame beside cerberus and hydra, one of them drops ***and the other one a crafting math ..
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-04 01:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to think its possible, but after recent interviews I think they don't wanna do anything with FFXI until it dies.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-04 02:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, I'd just be happy if they left everything at 80, it's hard to imagine what you'd be doing at lvl 99 lol. >.<
 Titan.Elevan
Server: Titan
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2010-08-04 02:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Titan.Elevan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
It won't happen anytime soon. Probably for not even 2 years. SE said that XI has had it's time and want to move on to XIV. The dev team's focus is on XIV, while XI is just going to get these add-ons. Reunion scenario? The Last Verse perhaps?
Source for that information? I could swear they said both games still had developers and planned to add content for at least another entire year after the level cap update. Not all developers went to XIV... maybe 50-60% of them did. And i didn't say soon lol. 99 Isn't even soon. But when they finish WOTG storyline I would bet all my gil/entire account worth on another full expansion for the 99 crew. Just like i bet gil/account worth on a level cap past 75.

Recent Interview here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29343/QA_Square_Enix_SVP_Tanaka_On_Developing_Huge_Mainstream_MMO_Final_Fantasy_XIV.php

The paragraph where he says: HT: "Since FFXI has been out of eight years, we think it's reached its time now, so obviously we would want FFXI players to shift to FFXIV." and so forth really means XI will only get add-on content for now.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-04 04:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

huh are you blind or in negation? didn't you had enough with the server merge? or you are just in denial, ffxi is already dead, and they are making everything easy now and hardcore players on this game are having headaches now because there is a lot of "free gear" that put people with e-peens on the shame page

lol@ to all those people that afk 24/7 on Aht Urhgan with town gear showing their e-peen /almost obsolete stuff, such as morrigans shadow mantle/shadow ring/seven eyes and crap
 Leviathan.Sedda
user: Sedda
By Leviathan.Sedda 2010-08-04 04:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

huh are you blind or in negation? didn't you had enough with the server merge? or you are just in denial, ffxi is already dead, and they are making everything easy now and hardcore players on this game are having headaches now because there is a lot of "free gear" that put people with e-peens on the shame page

lol@ to all those people that afk 24/7 on Aht Urhgan with town gear showing their e-peen /almost obsolete stuff, such as morrigans shadow mantle/shadow ring/seven eyes and crap

I have to admit I agree with this...

I hate to say it but it does seem like FFXI might be losing it's cutting edge. I mean don't get me wrong it will probably be like Lineage I/II. They will keep the FFXI running but pay less attention to it when FFXIV comes out. As long as it's bringing in some money though (enough to cover their rears), they will probably keep it running for as long as they can squeeze the money out of us. But the server merge is basically a large step in saying 'we've lost a lot of players'.

I do see a measure of people going to leave when 14 comes out. Despite the add ons and rise of level cap (Which I still don't agree with). There is only so much you can do to a game and even then they are limited with things graphical wise because of PS limitations. (recycling gear image note here.)

I adore FFXI and am not a huge fan of WoW (yes I've played it. It doesn't hold the same luster for me). I've played many, many games over the course of my gamer years (Gemstone III! Rawr!). This is something I've seen before in a few other games and it can be fought against. Complained about. Etc. But in the end it's out of our hands because as long as it brings them in the money..they don't care about our opinions. Once they have ran their course there are either just going to have it run like background music, for those who are still clinging on, or shut it down with a fond fairwell. Quite frankly if they do the later I am going to get grouchy! FFXIV should totally have free expansions if we have to pay monthly fees.

Opps. Rant over! ♥
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-04 05:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Emanuelle Shadow mantle and shadow ring obsolete? You high? lol

People aren't factoring in how many players will be coming back to XI after they play XIV for awhile. I guarantee there will be people in this category. As for expansions past 99? I'm willing to bet there will be. Anyone for Far East?
[+]
First Page 2