Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Day change for guild pattern
Day change for guild pattern
 Quetzalcoatl.Yatta
Premium
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Yatta 2008-02-07 08:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The guild pattern page won't take new guild items at or even for a while after 7 AM Pacific... it still shows the previous day's items in the "Item" select drop-down. (yes, even after reloading the page.)

For instance, it's a little after 7:30 right now, and I still can't select "Cythara Anglica" for the Veteran Woodworking guild item... it only provides the items from yesterday. I don't know the actual time that it starts showing the new array, as I haven't had the chance to sit and keep trying every few minutes - perhaps it's just off by an hour?
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-02-07 10:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed this as well. Thank you for posting this Yatta. I wasn't sure if it just waited until somebody submitted the new day's item before resetting it, showing the previous day's table until somebody has done so. Or it may just be a time difference thing.
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
Server: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2008-02-07 20:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here it takes at least an hour I think before I can post. Maybe a button could go on item and start a pending list.

I have just enough time each morning before work to check but can never update... then I usually forget at night when I get home.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yatta
Premium
By Quetzalcoatl.Yatta 2008-02-08 07:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

-wave rs
;P
 Cerberus.Ruhihnkait
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Ruhihnkait 2008-02-17 07:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup - as of now 9:10am Central time the pattern is incorrect - and the correct item is unavailable to select in the drop down list ---

Artisan Leathercraft is asking for Tiger Mantle - the guild item listing is showing Hard Leather Rings -- now I have a crapload of items that are worthless and have to craft all the correct items now -.-
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-02-18 15:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I noticed the system clock was about 25 minutes off. I just corrected that problem and I'm hoping the guild pattern will update at the correct time. I calculate current date as CST+15 hours which should be JP time, correct me if I'm wrong.
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-02-19 11:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg said:
Ok, I noticed the system clock was about 25 minutes off. I just corrected that problem and I'm hoping the guild pattern will update at the correct time. I calculate current date as CST+15 hours which should be JP time, correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently that is correct. However, due to Daylight Saving Time, which is not observed in Japan, it may get messed up. It needs to observe the same GMT offset of +9 hours throughout the whole year.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-02-19 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yajirobe said:
Scragg said:

Currently that is correct. However, due to Daylight Saving Time, which is not observed in Japan, it may get messed up. It needs to observe the same GMT offset of +9 hours throughout the whole year.

Ok, looks like DST will take affect March 9th for the US. I will have to add some code so it changes accordingly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yatta
Premium
By Quetzalcoatl.Yatta 2008-03-09 08:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you forgot ;P

the site wants an update an hour early right now.
 Bahamut.Kindadarii
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kindadarii 2008-03-09 09:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this explains a lot... I was wondering why I was seeing 2-3 different times this morning...
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-09 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the adjustments, it *should* automatically adjust for DST until 2011.
Let me know if it's off when JP midnight rolls back around.