Forum » FFXI » General » xbox freeze
xbox freeze
 Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-08-01 01:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So i just got the ultimate collectors edition for my xbox because i was having problems loading in and out of bubu, meri. mt., and Saramauge(cant spell the damn zone to save my life) reformated my HD and now when i get into a party or near one i freeze...never fails. Its highly annoying because that means no abyssea. Has anyone had this problem before? if so how did you fix it because i really dont want to try reformating and reinstalling the game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Snojoe
Server: Shiva
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-08-01 02:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I can semi-relate, but I don't think it's really anything that can be fixed by you.

In short, it's a flaw with the 360 system itself. Any time Besieged happens, I'm lucky to get through it with chat filters and effects all on/off respectively. It's just something the 360 can't handle, it causes an overload, it's nothing to do with the hard drive, but the system itself.

So yeah, unfortunately, the only way to get around it? Play it on PC, or get a new 360. Getting a new 360 won't solve it completely -- I had the original Elite as well as the new Slim one, and I still experience a shitton of lag and freezing like that -- but having problems to the extent you are having them is a bit more complex, and I'm willing to bet its your system -- not the hard drive, the system.
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Server: Alexander
user: Calmdoggy
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-08-01 02:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on the xbox sometimes as well, but I've only had a problem during besieged when the zone is overloaded with people. I have the old xbox elite though, never had to reformat or anything. I would say maybe it's your ISP (though I have freakin verizon so they go down after a fart) but if it's just pt invites and pt's then I haven't a clue. Honestly I don't think a reformat is gonna help, reinstalling might but I'd try to go through the LOLpol help and/or search the pol forums to see if anyone has had this problem and if they have fixed it. I'll look when I can but keep the thread updated as to what you've done so far.
By Muffet 2010-08-01 03:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

did you try and test FF for errors?

xbox is probably the problem anyways. I had one to shatter my FFXI disc is 1,000 peices in the drive.