Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd but thats true, just as soon as someone finds out how you get them ; ;
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-08-10 23:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a problem as smn/rdm. Even converting while fighting. If I have enough MP then I cast SS and phalanx and then put on hp+ gear.

My HP and MP in convert gear is 1289 hp and 1283 mp. When I cure myself after verting I do 2 cure 3's and regen II and that pretty much takes care of it with 944 HP. Leaving me with 1100~ MP. Or if it's an emergency then I just vert. 944ish MP is better than none.

And like I said, I haven't had any problems as far as dying. Just gotta be smart about it.
 Caitsith.Faythful
Server: Caitsith
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2010-08-11 08:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It all depends on what you like. If i know I'm going to be soloing mobs for a long time Dc-EP I go /THF SA-Spirit Taker can get upwards of 350-400 if you have the right gear on(I gear swap MND and INT and ACC gear for the WS) Then Garuda is free for me, Nice 2300+ Predator Claws + hastega. If its going to be something I can't melee, I go /sch for Sublimation RR and Just stay far away from the mob so he will never see me casting.
For /RDM It has its advantages I'm sitting at about 1000 HP and MP when i Convert. So i dont lose much. Even gettting back 800 MP when you had a link ,and it was on you, not on the avatar is helpful. I usually convert when i have around 100~mp still so i have a decent amount of HP. I love it for soloing, Phalanx makes a real different. Also when meleeing on it I use bahamut staff usually, so enspells are nice!

So for Preferences I like /thf the best,(DC to EP mobs) But this gives you no defense.
Then /SCH (gives Refresh, only thing that sucks is having to cast titan to get a SS off so you can rest :()
/rdm last since its nifty and fun to play with but i wouldnt use it unless i was doing an NM or something really like Odin something where i cant have down time. or DC-EP mobs if im doing only carby/garuda
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-08-11 17:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
You lose -3 perpetuation cost using Tatsumaki Sitagoromo, actually. -3 from head, +1 from losing AF+1 feet, then another -1 from Augur's Brais.

Edit: AND you gain +4% movement speed. Not going to make or break anything but your choices are 8% movement speed and -1 perpetuation cost, or 12% movement speed and -3 perpetuation cost. No matter how you look at it, Tatsumaki Sitagoromo are inferior.

I'll happily use tatsumaki sitagoromo until augur's brais are easily obtainable to most people.

Until then, my statement regarding -1perp remains true.

Edit: and who said you lose -3perp from using tatsu :P you can still cast storm spells and have tatsumaki on.
 Alexander.Jeffreyjelly
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jeffreyjelly 2010-08-13 15:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend inspired me to gear up my smn/rdm with some of my blu breath gear!

The set leaves me with 1190 hp and mp o.o! but lots of cure3's end up happening since I've been using Conjurer's Ring.

Anyone have any ideas of gear I could switch around?
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-08-14 22:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

grandiose chain for neck, hedgehogbomb for ammo, creek m mitts.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-08-15 11:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That item set actually looks really nice for sublimation, but orochi nodowa could be swapped out for something like grandiose chain as lisa said for a convert build, also swap yigit legs for prince's slops for a bit more hp/mp.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-16 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, are other summons, other than Odin/Alexander useful for damage? Couldn't you pop 2hr, use Titan(or whatever), get enough refresh/meds to use it again, then convert for full MP and then use Odin/Alexander? Or does it not work this way?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-16 18:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Hey, are other summons, other than Odin/Alexander useful for damage? Couldn't you pop 2hr, use Titan(or whatever), get enough refresh/meds to use it again, then convert for full MP and then use Odin/Alexander? Or does it not work this way?

Last I checked the merit BPs do more damage than Astral Flow, the only neat thing is AF is AOE. Any of them would work, whichever has the least elemental resistance, typically Shiva I guess. I mean you could technically do that then convert I suppose... haven't really played with odin/alex.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-16 18:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just see people using Odin or Alexander right off the bat, and then their 2hr is gone. But SMN 2hr lasts for 3 minutes when not using one of those two, so why not get in a couple of free shots if they do decent damage. If the damage sucks though, I guess it doesn't really matter.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-16 18:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

question, since I'm no smn... but can't you AF, use like shiva/garuda/ramuh w/e and use their AF BP and still have BP active to use Odin/Alex after a convert?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-16 18:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
question, since I'm no smn... but can't you AF, use like shiva/garuda/ramuh w/e and use their AF BP and still have BP active to use Odin/Alex after a convert?

It'll stay active, the question is, is the only way to smn odin/alex is to not have AF active, thus the summon activate it, or can you do it while AF is active. Really dunno, haven't messed with it, I don't see why you couldn't though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-16 18:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

would possibly make /rdm a more viable AF *** option
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-16 18:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"# Requires Astral Flow to be active before you may summon Odin. "

"# Astral Flow will NOT be cancelled if Odin is unable to use Zantetsuken for any reason. In this case, Odin may be summoned again (1 minute recast) as long as Astral Flow remains active. "
Worth trying.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-16 18:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
"# Requires Astral Flow to be active before you may summon Odin. "

"# Astral Flow will NOT be cancelled if Odin is unable to use Zantetsuken for any reason. In this case, Odin may be summoned again (1 minute recast) as long as Astral Flow remains active. "
Worth trying.

Ah, ty~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Azaezal
Server: Sylph
user: Azaezel
By Sylph.Azaezal 2010-12-02 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
I haven't had a problem as smn/rdm. Even converting while fighting. If I have enough MP then I cast SS and phalanx and then put on hp+ gear.

My HP and MP in convert gear is 1289 hp and 1283 mp. When I cure myself after verting I do 2 cure 3's and regen II and that pretty much takes care of it with 944 HP. Leaving me with 1100~ MP. Or if it's an emergency then I just vert. 944ish MP is better than none.

And like I said, I haven't had any problems as far as dying. Just gotta be smart about it.

How do you Regen II if you converted as Smn/Rdm...?