First Page 2 3 ... 451 452 453 ... 577 578 579
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Idk why there's all this hate about Teemo, he's still viable (in solo queue) and I honestly think he's incredibly underestimated.

Team fights? Peel for the carry. Blind and AoE slows?

I wouldn't really call that peel
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically unless trynd is the one trying to kill your ADC and the only one trying to kill the ADC the peel isn't going to help much, you're be better off taking exhaust on Teemo and calling that peel

And hell a lot of Trynds have been going AP trynd lately, so I don't even know if blind would help much
 Sylph.Shinobu
Server: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-12 09:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you're assuming I'm a bad player, just because I am an exceptional Teemo player. I'm not saying I'm a platinum player, but I'm no pushover. Teemo takes more work than other champs to carry, but I assure you I can and do carry games all of the time. I'm at an honest 1500~ and 1001 wins with 820 some losses. Since you seem to not want to play with me or against me, all I can do is state my stats.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shinobu said: »
So basically you're assuming I'm a bad player, just because I am an exceptional Teemo player. I'm not saying I'm a platinum player, but I'm no pushover. Teemo takes more work than other champs to carry, but I assure you I can and do carry games all of the time. I'm at an honest 1500~ and 1001 wins with 820 some losses. Since you seem to not want to play with me or against me, all I can do is state my stats.

I didn't assume anything, I'm just saying if you're best with Teemo play Teemo

I mean look at BestRivenNA, He is a god like Riven, but I'm probably a better Lee Sin than him (idk if anyone has ever seen his lee sin...)
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shinobu said: »
I'm at an honest 1500~

You have to remember, you only have like 17 Ranked Games this season
so that number can go up or down

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

Lee Sin, Vi, Hecarim, Nocturne, Xin, Jarvan, Kha, Rengar. That's just for blind ... slow is efficient against every champion except like Yi and Olaf >.>
No.

Maybe Rengar, too.

You forgot Garen too regarding slow, but he'll just kill you and the adc together anyway.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 09:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take that first match of the day.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 10:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

Lee Sin, Vi, Hecarim, Nocturne, Xin, Jarvan, Kha, Rengar, they are all competitive picks who are mostlikely going to jump on the ADC first and that's just for blind ... slow is efficient against every champion except like Yi and Olaf >.>

They probably aren't going to be diving alone so unless blind has an AoE it isn't going to peel anything

That and if a blind REALLY stops your team from killing the ADC then something is very very wrong
That and unless you know exactly where the fight is happening slow isn't really going to be that efficient, seeing as how there is a delay between when you place it and when it can explode

Lee Sin does a ton of spell damage, Vi does more than just AA and I'm pretty sure her AA passive will still apply as it is an on hit, I don't know why Hecarim is on here, Nocturne can be hurt by blind but he does decent spell damage as well and will most likely be running the tenacious mastery along with getting treads making the blind have a shorter duration *** everyone here will probably have those, Xin will still do a decent amount of damage and the knockup will still apply that and in 2.5 seconds (which is less with treads and that mastery) i doubt you're going to be done with the xin zhao, Jarvan will be hurt by this a little bit as well but he's also a caster so it shouldnt matter much, Kha should NOT be on this list, and rengar is probably the one most hurt by blind... but wait he jumped into the fight and instagibbed the ADC before you could blind so nvm

On top of everything else, unless your blind can hit more than one person it isn't an effective form of peel because in most cases you have more than one person on the enemy ADC

tl;dr Heimer offers more peel than teemo
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 10:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kha should not be on the list because he can instagib a carry without ANY AA

edit: and an explanation as to why Hec should not be on the list is because... he's not really AA at all
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 10:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

that and Peel is over rated

full dive or GTFO

seeing as how competent ADCs can normally peel for themselves pretty well

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 10:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You explained every single reason why support teemo is bad.

Well if your Kha, Vi, Hec and Lee Sin never use AA, they are horrible, at least 50% if not more of their damage comes from it.

Full dive must be the #1 reason why games are thrown even when you have a big advantage. Full diving is generally a terrible idea unless it's because the ADC or AP carry got caught. Too many gap closers for ADC's to be able to kite all day long.

I'm not saying Teemo is the best champion, far from there, but he's heavily underestimated due to bandwagon hate.

Maknoon disagrees
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 10:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vi and Kha don't use auto attacks? Garen isn't immune to slows, he can remove slow, just like GP and Eve. You can slow them right after again (his Q is also his only gap closer so easily quited if your team is peeling as they should)
While Vi will hurt with AA, she has 2 options to delay your blind and by the time the two options have been used, your blind is off and you're most likely out of the picture already. She's a *** misfit.

While Kha will hurt with AA, it is absolutely irrelevant especially if we talk peeling for adc. His W and Q should bring the carry to at least 10%, if not kill him (GA, Warmog included), and both of these can be made while you are flying with E, making it impossible to block you past the take off (CC such as Draven's E will still hit him, but the 2 abilities can be made at the same time of impact). He's a *** Gundam.

Garen should always be at 415~ speed at least, which is enough to close with a lot of things (also Ghost), especially when his Q has a low recast. Anyway, Garen won't be dumb and will either Q to insta silence or to remove a slow/Exhaust. He's the *** Might.

While you are smart and have a strategy, keep in mind that the guy in front also has one. What you describe is what we call an utopia.

Teemo is literally a waste of data in my opinion. Call it bandwagon if you want but there is just nothing good about him regarding the game, objectively speaking. He doesn't offer anything to the game at all, he has absolutely no role that fits the game's vision.

Morphing the jungle into Iraq isn't a viable game role, by the way.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2013-02-12 11:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Teemo is an amazing champion~ iono what you're talking about.

Just that the majority of people can't play him right. :|
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-12 11:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, it's always better to play a champion you know well as opposed to a flavour of the month champ, if that's Teemo, fine, but I still think he's a very situational pick. I think it'd be dumb to choose Teemo, even if you know him really really well, versus a very unfavourable lane match up.

Obligatory 'Better nerf Irelia'
By volkom 2013-02-12 11:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

imo as a top lane teemo~ you need really specific runes/masteries to stay alive up there.
and he's only good against nongap closing bruisers/tanks.
which makes him really situational since everyone wants some sort of gap closer of a grab or massive cc.
As for items it has to be some sort of hybrid build. maybe something similar to the items that jax uses
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 11:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok it's an utopia for Teemo to land Q ... but it's not an utopia for Vi to get in melee range of the adc w/o using Q or R ... or for Kha to be completely ignored by the champions in front of the ADC.

Unless Kha is like 5-0, he's not killing the adc instantly.
Melee range? She has Q and R which are very long range, she's in melee range if she wants to be. Never talked about getting in range without.

The thing is, you give your blind way too much importance when it is easily ignored or dealt with.

This is an utopia, a world where you think people didn't take your blind into consideration or that your blind will turn the tide. This doesn't exist in practice.

As for Kha killing the adc, BT/Muramana/Triforce (pick two) will easily do that, especially if you trigger his passive. But you probably know that.
By volkom 2013-02-12 11:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from autolock on gap closers like vi~

any "good" adc won't let any bruiser or tank get near them (that often if at all) in any team fight.
 Sylph.Shinobu
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-12 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's look at how Teemo has always been viewed since his first major mushroom nerf about two years ago (maybe a little bit longer). For a long time, nobody would even look at him, until maybe a year ago? less? People realized a 1.0 ap ratio on his blind left him hitting like an absolute truck and AP Teemo became big for about a week and riot instantly nerfed it. As the sustain nerfs came, people started realizing Teemo kit became more and more amazing in lane so he became big again, bam nerfed within the month. Then hurricane came out, again, Teemo became a force that was a common ban for a while, so of course, he was nerfed again within a few weeks.

Now, that may look like a good reason to think he is now absolutely terrible, but during each of those reigns, he was considered terrible and dodge worthy if picked, only to be knocked down right away to perpetuate that hate for him before people fully realized his power. The only direct buff Teemo has been given in about 2 years has been lowering his move quick CD slightly, and fixing his poison so it worked correctly.

What I am saying is: he has always been powerful, yet people have hated him anyway.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 12:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oracle's and Pink wards allow to see shrooms. As for an instant "counter" shroom when being dived, it still takes 1sec to activate which is "plenty". In a kite situation, this 1sec also prevent shrooms from being useful if the guy is already on you. You can always bait a wait but he can also just slide to your side, and so on.

This is why I call it an utopia. You have to see it like Chess. And unfortunately, there are more ways to checkmate Teemo than Teemo has ways to checkmate anyone. If you enter this in a 5v5 equation, due to Teemo's kit being selfish and overall random (based on shrooms, a very well timed blind and harass poison which past lane is kinda laughable), the checkmate just grows more obvious.

The rest is obvious yes, we cannot really argue this.

Teemo is an absolute terror in low level games where teamplay is non existent and people don't know him so well (and well, he's strong in lane given the opportunity), but once again, there is a reason why people pick other champions over him, that is all.

Now as said above, if you like Teemo, then by all means enjoy playing him, nobody is stopping you and certainly not me (well unless you play ranked/draft and I'm the first pick), we're merely explaining that Teemo isn't a strong pick for X and Y reason, that is all.

Also, in my case, I ***on Teemo because I absolutely dislike the character design and everything about him. I don't care about his damage, he's a shitty rat with a 5 years old voice actor. I don't see anything appealing about Teemo, period. So you might want to have a wider vision of the thing and just accept that people dislike this rat because it is a rat, it has nothing to do with his damage, nerf or whatever.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 12:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Melee range? She has Q and R which are very long range, she's in melee range if she wants to be. Never talked about getting in range without.

The thing is, you give your blind way too much importance when it is easily ignored or dealt with.

This is an utopia, a world where you think people didn't take your blind into consideration or that your blind will turn the tide. This doesn't exist in practice.

As for Kha killing the adc, BT/Muramana/Triforce (pick two) will easily do that, especially if you trigger his passive. But you probably know that.

Except the fact you are also ignoring the slow from shrooms, a fed kha is a fed kha, just like Akali, they are snowball champions, if you don't feed them, they aren't doing much. Glass cannon kha is just asking to get his *** bursted if he jumps into the front lines.

hmmm that's interesting

not giving a champion gold makes it harder for that champion to do well...
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 12:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, shroom slow can be ignored in fights, I've posted about it previously

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
aside from autolock on gap closers like vi~

any "good" adc won't let any bruiser or tank get near them (that often if at all) in any team fight.

which is why non-gap closing bruisers are usually worse picks

See: Udyr
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-12 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok it's an utopia for Teemo to land Q ... but it's not an utopia for Vi to get in melee range of the adc w/o using Q or R ... or for Kha to be completely ignored by the champions in front of the ADC.

Unless Kha is like 5-0, he's not killing the adc instantly.

YouTube Video Placeholder

And why the *** would Vi not use Q or R? Isn't that the point of abilities, to, you know, use them?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 12:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, we are the ones with a narrow vision of teemo ...
You are narrow minded because you think I, and maybe other people, hate Teemo because he's strong or because we lost against one.

I'm telling you, I find this character design pathetic and unappealing. There is no counter argument to that, that is my opinion and it will never change anything about yours or Teemo, it is merely an opinion.

As for the explanations regarding Teemo and his kit, everything has been said in a very objective way. If you have solid counter arguments, you're more than welcome to throw them, as long as they are objective.
First Page 2 3 ... 451 452 453 ... 577 578 579