2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 423 424 425 ... 577 578 579
By volkom 2013-01-09 22:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Its really starting to sound that you're butt hurt from losing games with an enemy katarina all the time
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

your still using a snowball argument ...
akali is a prime example of snowballing that can tear entire teams apart with a fully stacked mejia's (believe me 20 stacks with 180 AP and 15% cool down is VERY scary for a 59% spell vamp akali using lich bane as her prime source of nuking)
ive seen what she can do when she snowballs, i play her. she is all about opportunity, its not so much her entire kit its mainly her shunpo that lets her hop faster than riven. other than that she is like an ap darius. an ult that refreshes per kill except she does gradually built up aoe damage, while darius just cuts your heads off one by one.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Its really starting to sound that you're butt hurt from losing games with an enemy katarina all the time
I actually won all my recent games that have had a Katarina in front, and I was laned against it everytime, destroying it with either Kha or ZED.

You really need to stop thinking we are all as childish as you and get butthurt over losing at this game.

Ramuh.Urial said: »
Kat's kit is what makes her Kat... I think she's just fine how she is.

I mean if that logic works for Blitz it should be valid for Kat.
I was waiting for this.

See my previous post about the 2 things that "should" be fixed.

The first one makes no sense, the second is too powerful but still makes Katarina, Katarina, so it would indeed be hard to tweak it, if at all.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chicio said: »
your still using a snowball argument ...
akali is a prime example of snowballing that can tear entire teams apart with a fully stacked mejia's (believe me 20 stacks with 180 AP and 15% cool down is VERY scary for a 59% spell vamp akali using lich bane as her prime source of nuking)
ive seen what she can do when she snowballs, i play her. she is all about opportunity, its not so much her entire kit its mainly her shunpo that lets her hop faster than riven. other than that she is like an ap darius. an ult that refreshes per kill except she does gradually built up aoe damage, while darius just cuts your heads off one by one.
It was an honest question.

I would like to know what allows Akali to stomp Katarina, I find it to be useful knowledge. I have most likely played bad Akalis, that's why I would like to know what I should be looking for when I play Katarina against a good one.
By volkom 2013-01-09 22:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I actually won all my recent games that have had a Katarina in front, and I was laned against it everytime, destroying it with either Kha or ZED.

You really need to stop thinking we are all as childish as you and get butthurt over losing at this game.

then whats your argument? That she can snowball hard and recover easily after getting abused in a lane or her team fighting capability is outstanding?
Then what about rammus, darius, jax, lee sin, evelynn? They can easily snow ball out of control and destroy people in team fights.
I don't see what you're complaining about.

and i'm still higher elo than you. so i must be doing something right.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-01-09 22:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Resets are what make Kat, Kat.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well im hearing rumors that my build will be nerfed by making spell vamp a unique passive but crossing fingers...
the biggest thing is her passive spell vamp as well as her gap closer ult
by building hextech gunblade + will of the ancients, my build is set up to give 59% spell vamp including the bonus from twin disciples.
adding crystal scepter to my build gives me a slow to my burst... which will already be restoring my life like a blood thirster.... (letting me burst an ulting katarina....) and spike my damage with a lich bane, with either mejai's soul stealer, hourglass, or gaurdian's angel depending how well im doing.

-edit- to further add her Q restores energy faster on use making her bursts practically infinite without the use of her R. so you can keep Q + E and proc lich bane. you R when they make a gap so you slow them with crystal scepter again... rinse repeat-
By volkom 2013-01-09 22:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Resets are what make Kat, Kat.

right and they nerfed her passive during the rework.
Just gotta focus her down fast in team fighs or cc her enough to where she doesn't do much damage.
Its basically like any other champ that snowballs or is has that high killing potential.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well im hearing rumors that my build will be nerfed by making spell vamp a unique passive but crossing fingers...
the biggest thing is her passive spell vamp as well as her gap closer ult
by building hextech gunblade + will of the ancients, my build is set up to give 59% spell vamp including the bonus from twin disciples.
adding crystal scepter to my build gives me a slow to my burst... which will already be restoring my life like a blood thirster.... (letting me burst an ulting katarina....) and spike my damage with a lich bane, with either mejai's soul stealer, hourglass, or gaurdian's angel depending how well im doing.
I see, I didn't think that the Spellvamp could go that high.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you'd need that much SV on Akali.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Not sure why you'd need that much SV on Akali.

when you have over 550 AP and you are melting even the enemy tank ... + getting stacks on soul stealer you will be #1 on everyone's **** list.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Still don't know why you'd need that much SV lol.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

thats like saying why would you want to gain almost 1k health back every time you burst in a team fight lol
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what about rammus, darius, jax, lee sin, evelynn? They can easily snow ball out of control and destroy people in team fights.
They fall off late game. Darius has also big weaknesses, bigger than the other listed.

Quote:
That she can snowball hard and recover easily after getting abused in a lane or her team fighting capability is outstanding?
She can be absolutely nothing during laning phase and be forced to farm under her turret/in the jungle and make an absolutely crazy come back out of random skirmishes and team fights, even if her team sucks and she's under stuffed.

But you are correct to put Eve on the same level.

Quote:
and i'm still higher elo than you. so i must be doing something right.
Didn't I tell you to stop being childish? You are the only one getting all upset around here, you need to chill.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Any competent team would just ignite you. Build AP/Mrp or GA. You'll get additional healing from the higher dmg.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

thats like saying why would you want to gain almost 1k health back every time you burst in a team fight lol
Well, you get 25 BTs on any AD caster not because of the Lifesteal, but because of the AD. So I would think that a very bursty Akali doesn't necessarily needs spellvamp, though it doesn't mean it's useless/bad to have in such quantity.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There are better utility items than WotA.

I'll admit the SV is probably impressive, but it's not practical.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

2500 hp and gaining almost 1k health per burst makes ignite worthless lol. you really should try it and see how powerful the build is...
boot 3 pot ---- WoTA rush hextech revolver or crystal scepter (priority depends on if your getting melted or not) lvl 2 boots to cater to your needs ( i mostly get cool down but i get merc treads or ninja tabi depending on team comp or how fed some champs get) then once you start snowballing get a mejai's soul stealer, get lich bane, and then get your survival item for the 6th. majority of the time it will probably be hourglass, GA is only needed if you are the only one dealing the damage in team fights)
This item build is also assuming you have rune/mastery pages set up so that twin disciples are activated at the start of the match. you need 20 bonus AD and 10 bonus AP for the passive to initiate other wise you need items to make it activate.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-01-09 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you get 25 BTs on any AD caster not because of the Lifesteal, but because of the AD. So I would think that a very bursty Akali doesn't necessarily needs spellvamp, though it doesn't mean it's useless/bad to have in such quantity.

You really don't stack BTs on any AD Caster, BC has such better returns on stacking if anything. Wouldn't even really stack those anymore.

Jesus christ, what is happening in this *** thread.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You get 500 health back once, then you're back to targeted and take full dmg. I stand by my previous statemen: impressive, not practical. SV is inherently different from LS. LS is a dot sustain, SV is a burst sustain. Overhealing is useless and a wasted stat.

EDIT: he's saying its not smart. You can get LS from multiple BTs, or one BT and other sources of dmg.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

59% spell vamp + 550ish AP on akali's full burst combo does give almost a 1k hp return unless they have godly MR. i gave you the build, your more than welcome to try it. ive talked and walked the walk, just havent uploaded my akali replays. still working on my teemo trolling series.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't need to try it. I know it's a wasted stat and poor itemization.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole point behind the ability power life steal is so you can keep fighting or out sustaining fed champs. again this build lets me go against an ulting kat.... who WOULDNT want to kill her out of that and walk away with more than half health. giving you the stats and build on paper. by just assuming it fails when you havent even tried it shows your ignorance and single minded thinking.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Her ult applies grievous wounds. You're already losing 50% healing there. And the higher you build your SV the more ignite or gw's hurts you. Alternatively you can build smarter items and burn her down faster. Or ult out of her ult, and come right back in when she cancels. WotA is still poor itemization for Akali.

SV is an important stat for Akali, but it's much more useful early game, hence revolver and double passive proc being essential to her. Building 2 full SV items is dragging out the usefulness of SV well beyond a reasonable point.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole point behind the ability power life steal is so you can keep fighting or out sustaining fed champs. again this build lets me go against an ulting kat.... who WOULDNT want to kill her out of that and walk away with more than half health. giving you the stats and build on paper. by just assuming it fails when you havent even tried it shows your ignorance and single minded thinking.

^ this again +
its about doing the assassin's job: killing the enemy carries
she gets away she can wait out of a team fight and just ult again if she gets assists. also just to clarrify this isnt my only akali build, this is meant to shut down fed carries that have high damage outputs.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Your argument was that you get focused so you need sustain. If you're fully focused you're going to die with just SV. If you're doing your assassination job properly you should burn the carry before you're fully targeted. Again wasting the stat.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

You really don't stack BTs on any AD Caster, BC has such better returns on stacking if anything. Wouldn't even really stack those anymore.
Taking Kha's example, the 6th slot is usually either a second BT or something defensive such as a scimitar/maw (or even a warmog) depending on situation. But if you want/need AD, there is hardly anything better than a second BT in this situation.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-01-09 22:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Noobs. Trinity Force for tons of damage.
[+]
By Chicio 2013-01-09 22:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

WoTA and gunblade give both massive ability power life steal and attack damage together. plus twin disciples gives bonus magic damage for additional ability power and additional spell vamp for bonus attack damage. i fail to see how stats are being wasted on my anti carry sustain build when it lets me stay on field almost indefinitely late game. After a team fight if im still alive i just have to burst a minion wave and im practically full health. on a further note, if they all focus me and throw crowd control specifically for me, the team should be able to punish them for wasting all their effort on one champ while the other 4 melt them for it.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 22:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you're not 1v1ing late game. You get one shot at your SV before CDs make you susceptible. Any overhealing is wasted and if you're diving without full health, lol. Any CC punishes your ability to SV. Any ignite/gw punishes your ability to SV, and the more SV you have the more you are punished. It's about survivability not sustain late game. If you are the most dangerous person on the team, using 2 ccs on you isn't wasted. W/e, feel free to use WotA. Spence is right though I'd rather get Tforce. I'm done arguing.
First Page 2 3 ... 423 424 425 ... 577 578 579