First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 577 578 579
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-09 11:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
I've had it up to my eyeballs with solo queue. I call top, two people just lock in top. Then I simply say "Fine, anything but adc then".

People pick their champions. Guess what role they want me. "Naito go adc".

F*ck solo queue. I've had it up to my eyeballs with the retards. Selfish bunch.

well right now the easiest roles to carry from seem to be top and mid (running an AD Midlane)

just because of how *** broken this patch is

which is probably why people lock it in
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-12-09 11:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
I've had it up to my eyeballs with solo queue. I call top, two people just lock in top. Then I simply say "Fine, anything but adc then".

People pick their champions. Guess what role they want me. "Naito go adc".

F*ck solo queue. I've had it up to my eyeballs with the retards. Selfish bunch.

well right now the easiest roles to carry from seem to be top and mid (running an AD Midlane)

just because of how *** broken this patch is

which is probably why people lock it in
Funny story, I get people who call top very often (probably because as you say, the patch benefits ADs nicely) and 9/10 times STILL don't know how to top. I notice that every time someone goes top, they do any of the following:

1) Try to get first blood at level 1
2) Rarely ward
3) Blame the jungler if they die by playing too aggressive in lane

-_-
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-09 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped calling my role. I just get whatever falls in my lap.

Weirdly enough, I often get top/mid. And if they complain about my jungling, they were warned that I suck at it. Simple, no frustration. I can take a loss.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 18:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I really really hate giving up mid because what we(duo or party) have come to experience is that the random 90% feeds or is just really bad. Though when playing rank I try to be a little nicer when I can about letting them getting esp if Im picking first as to not have the whole team counter me right off the bat.

I still like calling out role just so that the team knows what I prefer to play. I know calling out doesnt mean anything to some but you'd be surprised(95%) of all the games Ive played in rank its always call out and then complaints of "hey I called it" worst one was calling it or they would afk/feed. They got it and still fed....oh well.
By volkom 2012-12-09 18:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pick the position that's available regardless if someone calls it (if i play alone)
and if someone whines and complains about they called that spot i'm like:

pick order > call order.

It usually ends up with a few people dodging here and there and in the end (for me at least) I get better teammates that care more about working together and winning.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-09 18:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go where no one else does. Most people call mid or top, since I usually play ADC I end up bot.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it matters as you select before them anyway, but where is it located in the summoner's code that pick order > call order? People spew that line all the time, but at best there's a suggestion that you fill outstanding roles (which is pretty ambiguous).
By volkom 2012-12-09 18:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Not that it matters as you select before them anyway, but where is it located in the summoner's code that pick order > call order? People spew that line all the time, but at best there's a suggestion that you fill outstanding roles (which is pretty ambiguous).

its not~ someone made an argument or something during a tribunal and tried reporting someone cuz they picked the spot they went after. Ended up with riot saying something like pick order > call order

or something to that effect
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But that's ruling on a single case, and the code hasn't been changed to reflect that. Just saying people who say the Summoner's Code explicitly state pick order > call are full of ***.

You can't stop someone who picks before you from selecting the role you want, and it losing your role certainly doesn't justify griefing, but people shouldn't be making up ***either.
[+]
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 18:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
I think aaron told me once that riot even confirmed that pick order > call order but I could have misunderstood him. Either way it wont matters since really it will come down to that, if the team is nice enough to let you have something when you are place 4 or 5 well thats nice of them.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-12-09 18:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.
#1 Might as well say it. If you're last pick you are filling in the last role needed no matter how fast you type in top.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But it doesn't. It softballs in the suggestion that you try to fill in. And the following line pretty much negates what was said before, anyone on the team should switch roles to fix deficiencies.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 18:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because thats exactly what I want on my team during rank games, a player to learn an unfamiliar champ and role, Riot why are you so bad.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically the point of calling is to tell your teammates what role you're best at, so there is communication and you don't end up in the role you suck at. If someone wants to mid but can jungle decently, and you end up with jungle role which you're atrocious at and you're on par with the other person at mid, the best thing for the team would be for you to mid and the other person jungle, regardless of pick order. But people are *** and will just do what they want to do regardless.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 18:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive noticed well balanced teams are found at the start when someone actually calls out support/job. I have yet to find a bad team with that.
By volkom 2012-12-09 18:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to do a rank game where someone's like

I AM SUPPORT
[+]
 Shiva.Gansito
Server: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2012-12-09 18:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

I AM SUPPORT
all support in rank? i'm down
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about now. I don't know if its sightstone or nami, but warding has been atrocious lately. Support shouldn't limit themselves to 2 wards on the map 30 minutes into the game.

I've had people who tell me to stop buying wards on support because of sightstone..

I really see it as an endgame replacement for other lanes to ward with. Instead of giving up a whole slot to ward with you can at least get 300 more hp out of it.
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-12-09 18:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

I AM SUPPORT

I usually volunteer to support. It makes things go so much smoother its nuts.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I love supporting if i have a decent adc. Usually not the case. Then its obviously my fault for not making them carry harder.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-09 19:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

> Some guy gets skarner randomed, since people couldn't agree on roles (nobody called ***).
> Another fagget picks Xin, says he's going jungle no matter what.

Why are people so idiotic, this is mind blowing, really (ranked 1300).
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 21:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Until you get gold, it wont matter, not to say that higher ELO = non idiodic stuff but you find -less- of it and you find better ADCs.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-09 21:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope so. Gold is at 1400~?

I need to get back to Silver first, then hopefully I'll have progressed enough to climb to Gold. I need to learn how to jungle properly (._.)
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-09 21:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Until you get gold, it wont matter, not to say that higher ELO = non idiodic stuff but you find -less- of it and you find better ADCs.

My friend who was at around 1800 says that ***never stops

So basically that "until x ELO" hope about getting people who are actually good will never come

it seems like its a *** nightmare
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-09 21:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont take my hopes away aaron dont you dare ;;
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-09 22:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Geez, less elo worry, more fun guiz
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-12-09 22:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing normals and bot games aren't fun anymore. No challenge.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-12-09 22:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
spence is too good to play
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-09 22:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »

all about dem ranked team 5v5s
First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 577 578 579