League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 577 578 579
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-09 18:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be next week at the earliest, they never update anything on weekends.

Quoting so I don't page it.

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Quote:
Hey guys. Continuing from my initial discussion of preseason itemization changes, which you can read here, I wanted to talk about new alternatives to items that are getting removed as part of the overall rework.

As you know we have a lot of old items that exist in a weird twilight space between useful and confusing, and it’s traditionally been very hard to find a place for these items to exist and be satisfying to use in the current environment. In a lot of cases, we’ve decide to remove items that were either identified as having pretty negative consequences for the game or warped freedom of itemization around themselves. While making these items better or more satisfying to use might have been an option, if the core purpose of the item seemed flawed it was targeted for removal.

I’ll walk through some of the more sweeping changes and try to explain our thoughts behind them as well as what replacements achieve a similar functionality.

Meki Pendant & Rejuvenation Bead – Removed

These items have been removed because they were mostly superfluous item paths that constrained early game purchases and mid-game upgrades. Everything that builds out of Meki Pendant and Rejuvenation Bead has been modified to build out of Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm.

Alternative: Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm

These items will sit at a much smaller price-point but build into many more items overall, allowing players to have much greater flexibility when building items out of regeneration items.

Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed

Madred’s Bloodrazor has traditionally been a weak pick overall. On the surface, it appears to counter high health targets. However, its odd build path and the fact that it does magical damage make the Bloodrazor awkward in many situations. It doesn’t do as much damage as other alternatives to high hit point targets, nor is the build path something lenient enough to let you quickly build it to counter high health targets. As a jungle control item it is surpassed by Wriggle’s Lantern in many ways, especially for sustains, invades and jungle vision.

Alternative: Blade of the Ruined King

This item first debuted in Twisted Treeline, and was meant to be the ‘high health counter’ for ranged attackers. Against moderate DPS / high health targets, Blade of the Ruined King attacks these characters where it hurts the most – the fact that their DPS is consistent over time. By draining a percentage of their current health on every strike, Blade of the Ruined King seeks to burn down high health targets by both outlasting and kiting them.

Blade of the Ruined King also works well for on-hit ranged attackers, providing them a form of combat sustain that is independent of the amount of damage done by their main attack. On-hit Teemo or On-hit Kog’maws have traditionally fared poorly in being able to output sustained damage in a fight because life steal was so anti-synergistic with their builds. Blade of the Ruined King not only fits the % damage profile that Madred’s Bloodrazor once occupied but also supplies life steal for these character builds.

Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character.

Alternative: Spirit Visage

Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.

Ionic Spark – Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but it’s good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wit’s End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wit’s End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.

Elixir of Agility – Removed

Right now Elixir of Agility serves a single purpose in the game – to make the winning hyper-carry exponentially more powerful than the losing one. This has some general negative effects: Due to the multiplicative factor of attack speed and critical strike, the raw DPS increase is always better for the winner than the loser in this case. It also strongly pigeonholes viable end-game carry builds to take advantage of critical strike, as it is the cheapest and most powerful form of DPS boost.

Alternative: None

We don’t want an item in the game whose sole purpose is to pigeonhole end-game carry builds and provide exponential damage increase to a single class. While there should be purchasable buffs that help close out the game, a 250 Gold item that typically only benefits a single player on the winning team seemed a bit superfluous.

Heart of Gold – Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.

-Xypherous

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31224891#31224891
 Siren.Gunshy
Server: Siren
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2012-11-09 18:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

really don't understand the removal of FoN or rather the weak reasoning behind it what's so confusing about a defensive item that adds utility.

I just bought Shen a few days ago and now it seems some of his viable items are getting removed / replaced lol :<
By volkom 2012-11-09 18:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

nooooooooo force of nature D:!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 18:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

These look weird now but I think they're all in consideration of up-and-coming items.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-11-09 18:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
nooooooooo force of nature D:!!!!
[+]
By volkom 2012-11-09 20:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

AP naut mid :D
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-09 20:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ionic Spark had way more uses for more than 2 Champs >.>
One of my friends swears by it when he plays Ashe. He tears up the field.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-09 20:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ionic Spark really doesn't. Using it on an AD carry... Ugh, just no. Only Vayne and Kog can effectively use attack speed only. Any AD carry SHOULD be able to clear waves quickly with a standard build, so the passive is useless, even more so on champions when the build resists. The health isn't very good either. Shen uses it well because he's a split pusher. It's what makes him so strong. He utilises it well because he's a very slow farmer and needs the attack speed and AOE to clear waves quickly.

I don't understand why they'd add GP in to that unless they consider his ult the global presence.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 22:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ve made some jungle changes in the coming patch, aimed mostly at easing the early game pressure on the lanes and opening up the roster of viable junglers. I’m Statikk, and I was the primary designer on the preseason jungle changes. Here’s an in-depth look at how we plan on accomplishing these goals.

Reducing early game pressure

Season Two opened up more opportunities for junglers to create early game action through ganking lanes. Although this had an overall positive effect on the game, the current rate and effectiveness of early jungle ganking (particularly through brush camping) applies an overwhelming amount of pressure to the lanes. This significantly reduces the number of champions that can lane effectively by requiring them to either be able to farm from a very safe distance or have a reliable means of quick escape.

To alleviate some of this early pressure, we want to make early ganking from the jungle a more difficult, conscious choice that will require constant monitoring of the risks involved. To accomplish this, we are increasing the damage dealt by jungle monsters. This means that junglers who gank early will likely be at lower health and not equipped with Boots of Speed unless they’re specialized or have made tradeoffs in other areas.

To combat this spike in jungle difficulty, we’re introducing several jungle-specific items to the game. For example, Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.

Increasing Jungle diversity

In Season Two, strong junglers were typically characterized by high area-of-effect damage, utility skills, and early ganking presence. During the preseason, we want to increase the diversity of viable junglers by ensuring that champions with other strengths can also shine.

Firstly, we are going to reduce the emphasis on area-of-effect damage dealers by re-balancing more of the health and damage into the large monster in each of the camps. This allows single-target damage dealers such as Gangplank to have more competitive clear times.

Next, we’re also going to significantly increase the rewards (gold and XP) and scaling difficulty (health and damage that the monsters gain over time) of the jungle as a game progresses. This way junglers who shift their focus toward farming the jungle efficiently can acquire gold and experience faster. This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game.

Lastly, as we mentioned earlier, we’re going to increase the damage dealt by monsters in the jungle. This should allow high-sustain junglers such as Warwick or Fiddlesticks to break back into rotation by giving them an edge over the competition.

The new items will also be a factor here by opening up build paths for champions who previously had poor jungle itemization such as mages and attack damage casters.

Quality of Life and Meta Adjustments

We are also making many other smaller adjustments to the jungle, including:

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

• Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience

• The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold

• The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane

Overall, we hope these preseason changes will make the jungle a place where more varied champions, roles, and playstyles are viable. We don’t intend to remove any of the junglers that are currently viable – only add to the lineup.

As usual, we’re open to making changes as things develop, and we want to hear your feedback on both new junglers and your standbys as you experiment. Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment once you’ve hit the Fields of Justice!

Preseason Jungle Changes

I'm pretty excited for this, with a greater roster of viable junglers I may have an easier time learning to do it properly.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-09 23:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i'm going to buy nunu and try him out for support :o

what do you guys think?
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-09 23:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Your ult will devastate them, or not.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-09 23:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

what do you guys think?

Don't make the yeti angry! You won't like him when he's angry!
By Avitori 2012-11-10 00:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you guys think?

Nunu kog is devastating
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-10 00:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I love nunu vayne so much
By Rhaokin 2012-11-10 00:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-10 00:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
I love nunu vayne and Zeke's herald so much
:D
By SSJAV 2012-11-10 00:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zed is odd.

Edit: I felt like I'm playing Katarina the entire time.
By SSJAV 2012-11-10 02:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

400 dmg on a 1.8second cooldown seems stupidly broken. :O

Edit: I'm tired>.> 400 is not 800
By Rhaokin 2012-11-10 02:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally 1000 again! inb4 7-game losing streak

Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-10 02:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

cookie dough *** wins games. truestory
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-10 02:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

***. This. Game.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-10 02:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
***. This. Game.
^
[+]
By volkom 2012-11-10 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

GOD DAMN YOU URI!!!!!!!!!

>:[
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-11-10 18:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened >_>
By volkom 2012-11-10 18:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »

What happened >_>

you stole it from me!

;~;
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-10 19:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened >_>

you stole it from me!

;~;

i saw'd it happen
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-11-10 19:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened >_>

you stole it from me!

;~;

i saw'd it happen
You saw nothing!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-10 20:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so liek, support nunu inc.

bought nunu and a makeshift runeset. can anyone help me/give me advice on a better nunu/general support set? (i also have leona, wouldn't mind making one that i can use for both in case i have to counter pick)

currently using:

9x seal of avarice
9x mark of resilance
9x glyph of warding
3x quint of avarice

stats are :

+5.3 Gold per 10
+12 Magic resist
+8.2 armor
By Avitori 2012-11-10 20:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe get some mana regennn
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-10 20:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
maybe get some mana regennn

Don't need on Nunu.

so liek, support nunu inc.

bought nunu and a makeshift runeset. can anyone help me/give me advice on a better nunu/general support set? (i also have leona, wouldn't mind making one that i can use for both in case i have to counter pick)

currently using:

9x seal of avarice
9x mark of resilance
9x glyph of warding
3x quint of avarice

stats are :

+5.3 Gold per 10
+12 Magic resist
+8.2 armor

I'd usually do mr/level glyphs unless you were going against an ap poke support bot.

And

Early game never had mana issues, mid/late game never went below half mana. Really don't see the need of spending 3k gold on mana regen.
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 577 578 579