Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-09 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhaokin said: »
Oh, I can see how near-indefinite mana sustain is useless

Learn to manage your mana. 3k gold to a support is massive when it can be used better. I literally have no mana issues on any of my supports.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"Correctly managing mana" meaning less heals / harass per minute? Mmkay. If it's not your playstyle it's not right.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-09 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

alternatives. Philo stone gives Mana Regen and is also a GP10, helps getting your build/wards up faster.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 15:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
alternatives. Philo stone gives Mana Regen and is also a GP10, helps getting your build/wards up faster.

I did build P.Stone, i built it into shurelya's o.O
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 15:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Philo turned into Shurya's, pretty sure.

EDIT: Beaten.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-09 15:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

- yeah noticed after I posted, didnt see the SC on the last page :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-09 15:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

idk i'd prefer something like a zeke's, locket, or even randuins on my sona (from an adc perspective)
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Last game I played Ezreal afk'd at the beginning and we got into verbal fisticuffs >_> So we called each other names while destroying bot lane and saying "GJ ***" and "np douchebag" lol

Asura.Lolserj said: »
idk i'd prefer something like a zeke's, locket, or even randuins on my sona (from an adc perspective)

I almost feel like building Zeke's sometimes, but only if our ADC is already doing very well.
By volkom 2012-11-09 16:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 16:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'm a crap support. I just am. I'm more of a jungler, or a top, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get better. Currently my best supports are Alistar and Blitz. I grab 3 wards, 2 health pots, and a fairie charm at the start. I run GP masteries with defense on the side, 0/15/15 is a guess since I can't open my client here. My runes are Armor/GP/Armor/GP Quints. Typically I get wards and GP at first and then slowly build into a tank (Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Leviathan, Warmogs, Randuin's, etc.). Should I modify this idea and build more aura based items instead?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-09 16:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

the point of a support is to help the team, things like warmogs, leviathan, and thornmail don't do that
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-09 16:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That and as a support you most likely aren't going to get focused in fights meaning the thornmail isn't actually doing much, and then you could also argue you aren't getting much out of the Warmogs of the leviathan

Aegis, Locket, Randuin's, Reverie, Zeke's, Abyssal, Frozen Heart are all good support items

though normally I don't find myself actually getting Abyssal or Frozen heart
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 16:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shurelya's (my favorite) is good for initiators like Leona, Malphite, Nautilus, and Alistar!
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 16:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That and as a support you most likely aren't going to get focused in fights meaning the thornmail isn't actually doing much, and then you could also argue you aren't getting much out of the Warmogs of the leviathan

Aegis, Locket, Randuin's, Reverie, Zeke's, Abyssal, Frozen Heart are all good support items

Well, I do get focused when I go tank. And I'm pretty accurate with Blitz, so they focus me down there too. I'll give aura-items a shot though/
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-09 16:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Well, I do get focused when I go tank. And I'm pretty accurate with Blitz, so they focus me down there too. I'll give aura-items a shot though/

A support getting focused down is normally the enemy team not knowing what they're doing :X

happens a lot with my support and it ends up with me getting fed
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-09 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

THAT SONA GAVE ME THE STINK EYE, KILL HER D:<
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

By Avitori 2012-11-09 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** hate it when people ***talk on our own team instead of just shutting up and playing gdi
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 16:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just say "If you've got time to ***, you've got time to play better." If they keep going, I'll just block them.
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-11-09 16:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate the mentality of most people in this game <.< I'm great, everyone else is ***

Also so hard to make people play as a team.. ***talking certainly doesn't help with that tho ~~
By Avitori 2012-11-09 16:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I would its ranked though, so i'm usually the one that tries to keep the peace. It works 90% of the time, but had some especially bitchy players this game and needed to vent lol

I'm better now.
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-09 16:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny when the enemy team is talking ***, and you find that person that is "typing", just standing there.

Easy kill, and I just say "stop typing" :O
By Avitori 2012-11-09 16:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
It's funny when the enemy team is talking ***, and you find that person that is "typing", just standing there.

Easy kill, and I just say "stop typing" :O

This is what our ad carry was doing, very frustrating
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 16:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen it happen on both ends, and I get a satisfied feeling when it happens to someone on my team.
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-11-09 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Most satisfying kill today was low health enemy lux standing under the turret spamming laugh, then my ult came up and i lazored her in the face :O
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-09 17:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Back home in 40~min, anyone up for playing? I'll most likely spend 5~ hours playing, so if you are up to play a lot, so am I!

No rage, feed to win and so on.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-09 17:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be home in like 2~3 hours.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-09 17:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hey guys. Continuing from my initial discussion of preseason itemization changes, which you can read here, I wanted to talk about new alternatives to items that are getting removed as part of the overall rework.

As you know we have a lot of old items that exist in a weird twilight space between useful and confusing, and it’s traditionally been very hard to find a place for these items to exist and be satisfying to use in the current environment. In a lot of cases, we’ve decide to remove items that were either identified as having pretty negative consequences for the game or warped freedom of itemization around themselves. While making these items better or more satisfying to use might have been an option, if the core purpose of the item seemed flawed it was targeted for removal.

I’ll walk through some of the more sweeping changes and try to explain our thoughts behind them as well as what replacements achieve a similar functionality.

Meki Pendant & Rejuvenation Bead – Removed

These items have been removed because they were mostly superfluous item paths that constrained early game purchases and mid-game upgrades. Everything that builds out of Meki Pendant and Rejuvenation Bead has been modified to build out of Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm.

Alternative: Regrowth Pendant and Faerie Charm

These items will sit at a much smaller price-point but build into many more items overall, allowing players to have much greater flexibility when building items out of regeneration items.

Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed

Madred’s Bloodrazor has traditionally been a weak pick overall. On the surface, it appears to counter high health targets. However, its odd build path and the fact that it does magical damage make the Bloodrazor awkward in many situations. It doesn’t do as much damage as other alternatives to high hit point targets, nor is the build path something lenient enough to let you quickly build it to counter high health targets. As a jungle control item it is surpassed by Wriggle’s Lantern in many ways, especially for sustains, invades and jungle vision.

Alternative: Blade of the Ruined King

This item first debuted in Twisted Treeline, and was meant to be the ‘high health counter’ for ranged attackers. Against moderate DPS / high health targets, Blade of the Ruined King attacks these characters where it hurts the most – the fact that their DPS is consistent over time. By draining a percentage of their current health on every strike, Blade of the Ruined King seeks to burn down high health targets by both outlasting and kiting them.

Blade of the Ruined King also works well for on-hit ranged attackers, providing them a form of combat sustain that is independent of the amount of damage done by their main attack. On-hit Teemo or On-hit Kog’maws have traditionally fared poorly in being able to output sustained damage in a fight because life steal was so anti-synergistic with their builds. Blade of the Ruined King not only fits the % damage profile that Madred’s Bloodrazor once occupied but also supplies life steal for these character builds.

Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character.

Alternative: Spirit Visage

Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.

Ionic Spark – Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but it’s good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wit’s End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wit’s End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.

Elixir of Agility – Removed

Right now Elixir of Agility serves a single purpose in the game – to make the winning hyper-carry exponentially more powerful than the losing one. This has some general negative effects: Due to the multiplicative factor of attack speed and critical strike, the raw DPS increase is always better for the winner than the loser in this case. It also strongly pigeonholes viable end-game carry builds to take advantage of critical strike, as it is the cheapest and most powerful form of DPS boost.

Alternative: None

We don’t want an item in the game whose sole purpose is to pigeonhole end-game carry builds and provide exponential damage increase to a single class. While there should be purchasable buffs that help close out the game, a 250 Gold item that typically only benefits a single player on the winning team seemed a bit superfluous.

Heart of Gold – Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.

-Xypherous

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31224891#31224891
By Avitori 2012-11-09 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Will they update this ***already
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 336 337 338 ... 577 578 579