Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-07 14:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said: »
I learned that if i mute my whole team, i can actually try things in peace :I
Idk if that counts as trolling..

They usually deserve it. I find that at least a third of the time I have to mute at least 2 people on my team.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-07 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Today I’m going to talk about Armor Penetration and its effects on the scaling of our Attack Damage Casters class.

Let’s take a look at one of the core items for this class – The Brutalizer:

Quote:
The Brutalizer
+25 Attack Damage
UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +10 Armor Penetration
The Brutalizer has long been the trifecta of Attack Damage, Armor Penetration and Cooldown Reduction that these characters lean on for early game dominance. However, Flat Armor Penetration as a statistic overall has been pretty overpowered in compensation for the fact that items with the stat don’t typically scale at all into the late game. This turns these characters into early-game gambit characters, out to dominate the early game as quickly as possible before they become irrelevant.

To adjust for this, we’re making two major changes:

1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration

For example: Let’s say I have 50% Armor Penetration and 20 Flat Armor Penetration versus a target with 120 Armor.

Currently, on Live, I would ignore 20 of his armor via Flat Penetration (100) and then 50% of the remainder, leaving him with 50 Armor.

After this change, I would ignore 50% of his armor (60) and then 20 of the remainder, leaving him with 40 armor.

In this manner, we can make sure that penetration values can be cost-effective for both late game and early game because now you have an option to synergize the two statistics together if you need to pierce large amounts of armor.

2. Brutalizer builds into more than one thing

Quote:
The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.
Let’s dig down into this item a little more. First off, the Black Cleaver now triggers off all physical damage. This means that spells and abilities can trigger the passive. In fact, let’s look at a couple of our AD casters and see how this item works differently on them:

Pantheon, the Artisan of War

Spear Shot: Will trigger Black Cleaver once on a single target.
Aegis of Zeonia: Will not trigger Black Cleaver, as it does magic damage.
Heartseeker Strike: Will trigger Black Cleaver three times in a cone, as it does physical damage to the target three times.
Grand Skyfall: Will not trigger Black Cleaver, as it does magic damage.

Garen, the Might of Demacia

Decisive Strike: Will trigger Black Cleaver once, on a single target.
Courage: Will not trigger Black Cleaver, as it does no damage.
Judgment: Will trigger Black Cleaver up to 6 times, in a circle around him, as it does physical damage 6 times.
Demacian Justice: Will not trigger Black Cleaver, as it does magical damage.

So now, AD casters attempting to deal with highly armored opponents have a way to partially nullify the armor of targets they choose to fully commit to with all of their skills. However, they make a trade-off here; while Black Cleaver is highly effective at negating the effect of enemy armor, the Cleaver itself does not provide all that much Attack Damage as a whole. So your skills will be slightly less effective on targets with high health and low armor, simply because they’ll be doing less overall damage. Black Cleaver is incredibly effective at shredding targets with lots of armor, but doesn’t really do well trying to kill a mage with Rod of Ages, for example.

What about Last Whisper? How does this work with Last Whisper?

Last Whisper grants you % Armor Penetration while Black Cleaver reduces the opponent’s armor.

Let’s look at an enemy with 400 Armor. Black Cleaver will reduce their armor by 25%, leaving them with 300. Last Whisper will allow you to ignore 40% of the remaining 300 armor, which means their effective armor against you will now be 180.

Last Thoughts

We hope that this change helps create a smoother scaling curve for many of our AD casters without causing them to utterly dominate and kill everyone. While these changes allow them to ignore armor much more effectively, the characters in question will be making heavy tradeoffs by simply not dealing as much raw damage as they could have with a B.F. Sword build against soft targets. Additionally, these iterations of The Brutalizer and The Black Cleaver allow our more spell-focused ranged carries like Corki or Graves to have a viable alternative to Last Whisper that will give them great utility if they find themselves on a team with lot of physical damage characters.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

-Xypherous

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31158007#post31158007
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-07 16:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This has a lot of potential to throw the scales of the game out of whack. I'll be curious to see it in action. Riven comes to mind as getting a huge benefit from this change.
By Avitori 2012-11-07 18:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone wanna duo Q ranked with me?

DON'T MAKE ME GO IN ALONE Q_Q
 Shiva.Gansito
Server: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2012-11-07 19:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

my duo partner is my 13 year old nephew. I taught him how to play, we manage to get 1350~ in 1 month only playing on friday nights 1 or 2 games
By Avitori 2012-11-07 19:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been duo queing with ghaleon, we've won every game so far minus one troll game where we had ashe and vayne go bot. I really want 1600-1900 elo D:
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-07 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

next season I hope to get pretty high ELO with my duo :|
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-11-07 20:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping to get some nice ELO myself as well. Been dying to get together with a team of people and do good instead of going solo queue.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-07 20:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Ive been duo queing with ghaleon, we've won every game so far minus one troll game where we had ashe and vayne go bot. I really want 1600-1900 elo D:

Ghaleon is really good at top, paired with my mid is a pretty high chance to win although we keep getting games where bot feeds the enemy jungler enough to where they can give 0 *** about us and control our team like puppets.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-08 00:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

New season has started?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 00:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
New season has started?

I think that it doesn't start until next patch, and I'm pretty sure it is preseason
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-08 00:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Which means?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-11-08 00:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Which means?

3rd season doesn't officially start for a little bit, next patch is preseason patch i believe. which is going to take effect any day now (no official date on it) will give us a soft reset on our elo.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-08 00:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Preseason is the transition period between S2 and S3 where they make gameplay/item/map changes to solve a couple existing problems and introduce new meta possibilities.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 00:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I heard some where that ELO changes in the preseason will effect your ELO as well
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-08 00:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are just so bad.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 00:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

that isn't nice :(
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 00:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't their choice, some people just suck D;
By Rhaokin 2012-11-08 01:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
I think I heard some where that ELO changes in the preseason will effect your ELO as well

I heard it's going to work like a weighted grade system or something along the lines of "If you are 800 elo, you'll be pulled up to 1000 elo"

IDK any details though, their source is "Just trust me" :/
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-08 01:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the starting ELO? 0?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-08 01:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrated until 10 matches I believe. Base is (or was) 1250
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-08 01:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I'm reading 1200, then a solid score after 10 matches.

Guess I can hope for 1400, to begin softly.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-11-08 05:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So you guys want to get better in ranked huh? Let's do some scrims then. Preferably with full teams, but I think we could manage with at least 3 per team.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-08 05:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be up to try. Though, I'm not THAT good, and I probably lack a few champions to counter things properly. That's mainly why I'm waiting for the start of season 3 to start anything "seriously".

Except duo Q with Tikal, that's anytime <3

Trying Critplank atm, this is insane. Parrrley hits like a mack truck.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So you guys want to get better in ranked huh? Let's do some scrims then. Preferably with full teams, but I think we could manage with at least 3 per team.

i would be up for this only if my duo partner can come D;
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-08 08:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Ya, I'm reading 1200, then a solid score after 10 matches.

Guess I can hope for 1400, to begin softly.

did you do any ranked this season?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-08 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

None, that's why I didn't know the base score :p
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-11-08 14:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

i would be up for this only if my duo partner can come D;

Huestefeet doesn't play with anyone but his ranked partner!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-08 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hey there Summoners. After my first post about the upcoming preseason itemization changes, which you can find here, I’d like to talk about an item path that both demonstrates some of the updates we’re making to item tooltips and previews an upcoming item.

One of our primary goals in League of Legends is to facilitate “clarity of design,” ensuring that things work exactly how you expect them to work – and then some. With the preseason update, we’ve gone back and retuned a lot of our existing items to fit under this new paradigm and to basically re-tool some of our lesser used items into items that can fit into a wider variety of player builds. Let’s go into today’s preview item and its upgrades:

Quote:
Tear of the Goddess

+250 Mana
+7 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Mana Charge: Each time you spend Mana, your maximum Mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown).
Bonus Mana: 0/750
It’s pretty much the Tear of the Goddess you’ve all known and loved for quite some time. You cast spells, you gain maximum mana. It does give a bit less total mana than it did before, but it’s also cheaper at a new cost of 700 Gold.

The passive is mostly the same, with one key difference: Tear of the Goddess used to trigger on spellcasts; now it triggers when you spend Mana, including through the use of channeled effects. While these two effects are one and the same for most characters, any character that has a channeled effect that costs mana will now be able to use Tears to greater effect. Characters like Anivia and Karthus who were already excellent with Tear of the Goddess now have additional ways to trigger it, while some characters like Singed and Ashe will have a newfound ability to trigger Tear of the Goddess from their toggled abilities, opening up new item paths for those characters.

You may have noticed the new words ‘Mana Charge’ – this is part of our new item tooltip terminology. Unique Passives that are shared across items now have a unique name and indicator to call them out. Unique Passives with the same name don’t stack. This mechanic is something you’re already familiar with on existing items; we’ve merely called it out explicitly with new terminology in an effort to clarify our item tooltips.

Quote:
Archangel’s Staff

+250 Mana
+60 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Insight: +(3% of Maximum Mana) Ability Power
UNIQUE Passive – Mana Charge: Each time you spend Mana, you gain 5 maximum Mana (3 second cooldown).
Bonus Mana: 0/750
Transforms into Seraph’s Embrace at 750 Bonus Mana
Archangel’s staff has been similarly changed in line with the new wording and functionality, and has undergone similar cost / mana and trigger recalculations so it will fit better into our new item pricing paradigm.

Archangel’s staff also has the Mana Charge passive to indicate that this passive doesn’t stack if you build a new Tear of the Goddess. However, with the Staff you gain Five mana whenever you spend mana, rather than Four mana. Upgrading to Archangel’s staff will thus increase your rate of gain on the Mana Charge.

You may also have noticed that there’s one curious line at the end of the tooltip.

If you think about it there’s no real reason why gold has to be the only way to upgrade an item. In the case of Archangel’s Staff we wanted to create an upgrade that flowed naturally from the usage and theme of the item. But if you already have 1000 Mana and 10 Mana Regen per 5, what possible upgrade could you want from Archangel’s Staff? Just what are you going to do with all that mana anyway when you’ve charged this item for 25 minutes of the game?

Quote:
Seraph’s Embrace

(Upgraded from Archangel’s Staff when fully charged)
+1000 Mana
+60 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Insight: +(3% of Maximum Mana) Ability Power
UNIQUE Active: Drains 25% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount for 2.5 seconds - 120 second cooldown.
-Xypherous

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31193244#31193244

New Archangel's +1 is going to be so strong on Ryze lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 577 578 579