Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-09-03 16:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ultrarichard 2012-09-03 17:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't tomorrows free champs/sales suppose to be out by now? I remember them usually being out this early
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-05 14:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-09-05 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

true teamwork, when team Demacia (Galio took the day off, replaced by Lulu) gets 7kills per.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-09-05 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i finally hit lvl 30 and i gotta say..

I'm so close to uninstalling -.-;

i hate people :(
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-09-05 18:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be on later Ghal if you'd like to play friendlies. Only a game or two but still.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-09-05 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said: »
Aren't tomorrows free champs/sales suppose to be out by now? I remember them usually being out this early
There is no fixed day actually, they explain that it's somewhat random. Based on previous week, but still random. I was surprised to have this week's selection pop up between 2 matches, everyone rushed Darius like crazy.

I just hit 20, can finally buy tier 3 runes and... they put Darius for free. That's 6300 IP gone at the end of the week. I'll wait 30 for runes I think.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-05 23:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Don't play solo-queue.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-09-06 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying kat... alot... I played her a bit on her old model... didn't really like her... even though her shunpo got nerfed... and her q did kinda, she gained an AOE harass.... *** yes.
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-09-06 17:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Play with friends. Only with friends.

Message them and spam them until they take you in a match :> lol :P
And if your friends list is lacking, add the people that are active in this thread. Just do it and have fun!
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-09-06 17:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with randoms will make you a better player in the long run. If you get caught up in the comfort zone of friends and knowing how they play and yadda yadda..... you don't get used to seeing different situations, and how to react to them. I noticed my jungle in a game on kat the other day was neglecting bot and just going top onry.

Premade group of 2..... So kat is mobile as ***... especially with move speed runes. I went down bot... around their jungle... waited till their minions came through (every 30 seconds a new wave starts) and then pinged. They go in I come in from behind Shunpo, Q, W, R.... bot now has some pressure off... oh look mid went top as did their jungler... Bot let's do dragon quick.

Anyways, I'm saying things I won't do in a premade group I am doing in blinds cause of the pressure being gone.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-09-06 17:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

when does the new riven skin come out, and are there pics? :x
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-09-06 17:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Playing with randoms will make you a better player in the long run. If you get caught up in the comfort zone of friends and knowing how they play and yadda yadda..... you don't get used to seeing different situations, and how to react to them. I noticed my jungle in a game on kat the other day was neglecting bot and just going top onry.

Premade group of 2..... So kat is mobile as ***... especially with move speed runes. I went down bot... around their jungle... waited till their minions came through (every 30 seconds a new wave starts) and then pinged. They go in I come in from behind Shunpo, Q, W, R.... bot now has some pressure off... oh look mid went top as did their jungler... Bot let's do dragon quick.

Anyways, I'm saying things I won't do in a premade group I am doing in blinds cause of the pressure being gone.

i dont think playing with randoms makes you better

all it really does it teach you how to rage at randoms properly
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-09-06 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't get used to seeing different situations, and how to react to them. I noticed my jungle in a game on kat the other day was neglecting bot and just going top onry.
I had the same kind of situation happen to me yesterday, but I don't think it's only because of some habit.

Some people, when they have a Darius in their team for example, expect him to handle solo top (for example) and not need any help, ever. Well I got countered like mad in a 2v1 (keep in mind I'm a beginner, too) and all the Jungler would do is help bottom which was already steamrolling the enemy. When I asked for a gank (as I had both enemies in their 10% the whole time), I was just told that Darius should be able to solo top whatever is in front and therefore didn't need a gank.

I'm still very new to this game and its community but I play a lot of fighting games and while people want to respect the meta so hard, they fail to see what is called a matchup and what counters are. As a result, most players don't grasp the game mechanics at all, despite their relative success.

For this reason, while I agree that playing with randoms helps in general, from my personnal experience, the majority of them aren't teaching me anything, whether it is in victory or defeat.
By Gansito 2012-09-06 22:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

any1 wanna bust some LoL?
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-09-06 22:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

There's a saying out there, "You learn what you take from it"... basically if you can't learn anything... you either know it all... or you are a pompous *** who thinks he does (no offense towards you, just speaking in general how people act). I still learn ***with randoms playing with me. You just have to realize instead of looking at what they are doing good, what they are doing that is wrong, and learn from that.

Also.... as many pros say..... carrying a game isn't about K/D and farm as it's about leadership, patience, and understanding. If you assert yourself in a calm, nice, but with confidence... a lot of people will listen to you. Yelling at your team, blatantly pointing out their mistakes in a *** way, and narcissism doesn't win games. Aphromoo is a huge advocate of attitude carries games mentality.

Just because you will get that *** in 1/10 games who's a complete douche, doesn't mean it is always like that. ***the other day I played Katarina support.... this guy insta-locks Diana... and another guy insta-locks Darius. I wanted to play katarina after already calling mid... so I said *** it I'll go play bot support. So then this guy picks blitz instead and says no. We had an mf already for ad... I was like ***... you couldn't have picked blitz earlier? I didn't have time to change my jungle masteries on kat... now what.

So darius decides to go bot with blitz and mf is like wtf? I go top lane kata support... for mf... I basically harassed and let her farm... and checked for ganks and warded.. built mpen out the ***.... as I didn't have ***for gold income. Abyssal, Sorce boots, Haunting Guise, got a gun, and then tried for death cap.

Ended up doing well... but you don't have those crazy *** things go on with out being in random situations.... it teaches you to adapt, and that makes you a better player.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-09-06 22:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf jayce op as ***
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-06 22:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »
wtf jayce op as ***
Welcome, to the future.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-06 22:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »

There's a saying out there, "You learn what you take from it"... basically if you can't learn anything... you either know it all... or you are a pompous *** who thinks he does (no offense towards you, just speaking in general how people act). I still learn ***with randoms playing with me. You just have to realize instead of looking at what they are doing good, what they are doing that is wrong, and learn from that.

Also.... as many pros say..... carrying a game isn't about K/D and farm as it's about leadership, patience, and understanding. If you assert yourself in a calm, nice, but with confidence... a lot of people will listen to you. Yelling at your team, blatantly pointing out their mistakes in a *** way, and narcissism doesn't win games. Aphromoo is a huge advocate of attitude carries games mentality.

Just because you will get that *** in 1/10 games who's a complete douche, doesn't mean it is always like that. ***the other day I played Katarina support.... this guy insta-locks Diana... and another guy insta-locks Darius. I wanted to play katarina after already calling mid... so I said *** it I'll go play bot support. So then this guy picks blitz instead and says no. We had an mf already for ad... I was like ***... you couldn't have picked blitz earlier? I didn't have time to change my jungle masteries on kat... now what.

So darius decides to go bot with blitz and mf is like wtf? I go top lane kata support... for mf... I basically harassed and let her farm... and checked for ganks and warded.. built mpen out the ***.... as I didn't have ***for gold income. Abyssal, Sorce boots, Haunting Guise, got a gun, and then tried for death cap.

Ended up doing well... but you don't have those crazy *** things go on with out being in random situations.... it teaches you to adapt, and that makes you a better player.

I've gotta admit I almost exclusively play all random and I rage far more often than I learn something. I think I learn by playing, but generally not really learn by playing with randoms.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-09-07 00:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you will get that *** in 1/10 games who's a complete douche, doesn't mean it is always like that.
You got that number reversed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-07 00:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Or take the reciprocal, 10 trolls / every 1 game sounds about right.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-07 00:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly all I'm seeing and it looks even more awkward put next to eachother.
[+]
By Eugene 2012-09-07 00:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw some Biden in there and it'll be a right party.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-09-07 02:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing solo makes you a better solo player. Playing with a team makes you a better team player. You have to play differently while solo. Carry carry carry!
By Gansito 2012-09-07 02:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Playing solo makes you a better solo player. Playing with a team makes you a better team player. You have to play differently while solo. Carry carry carry!

like Spence said. I myself cannot carry a team. That is because i have always relied on my team mates to do it for me. Which is probably why i am such a bad player in lol. Truth is you should play solo queue you might not like the people you get paired up with but you will sure learn a thing about relying on yourself to win.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-09-07 11:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I was done buying RP for awhile, then Commando Garen and the only Nasus skin I don't have go on sale.
/sigh
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-09-07 23:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a nice little break. Flowers, sunshine and cupcakes.. everything was good.
Now i played 3 games and suddenly feel the need to stab someones eyes out and *** them through the holes in their head.. hnnnnng
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-07 23:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said: »
Had a nice little break. Flowers, sunshine and cupcakes.. everything was good.
Now i played 3 games and suddenly feel the need to stab someones eyes out and *** them through the holes in their head.. hnnnnng
Kinky.
By Ssmarchie 2012-09-08 00:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

buy ur RP now lol

http://imgur.com/a/JzFQq

GangPlank / Jax
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-09-08 00:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought the 100$ offer (63£, not that much), that's a lot of RPs considering not that many skins are worth buying.

I still rather farm IPs like a mad man when it comes to buying champions :/ (farming 12k a week at the moment, more than enough).
First Page 2 3 ... 286 287 288 ... 577 578 579