So Basically.....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » So basically.....
So basically.....
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-14 05:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, after what, 2-3 years of badmouthing endgame LSs in various forums, I decided (mostly cause I got sea and can join such endgame LSs I badmouthed) to apoligize for my past transgretions.

Yeah, and having sea has nothing to do about it >.> <.<

So anyway, I already apoligized personally to some people in endgames prior to this post, but meh, might as well make it known. Mainly because I was jealous (and not being able to get CoP missions done) and really wanted to be like them (somewhat, just gear wise, not asshat wise) I desided to join an endgame, hopefully for stuff.

Anyway, as I'm sure things are going to light up around here soon, let me just get one thing straight.

I still don't like people who say "I'm better than you." without giving any reasons. I say I'm better than you, then I give you reasons on why I think I'm better than you. Then I admit that I'm better at you doing xxx things, but not as a person (because in my opinion, we are all equals).

Anyway, I placed the firewood around my feet, let the flames commence.

P.S. I really don't wana spellcheck, so don't make fun of my spelling, thats not even a proper flame anymore.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 02:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been 24 hours since I posted this, and nobody flamed me? Got to be a record.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-15 02:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

<Strikes a match>
< applys match to the wood at the base of your feet>
<watches as you are comsumed in flames>

=o now thats a new way to flame some one, Salim Witch hunts anyone :3

(only did this cause no one has flamed you :O lemmi be the 1st ^^)
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 04:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... laudable idea, but shouldn't we be contemporary about this?

*Shifts a large oil drum to his shoulders and ignites the pilot light on his flamethrower*. FPS Style?

Or relevant to FFXI context?

~Saiya starts casting Flare II on Korpg.~
~Saiya casts Flare II.~
~Korpg takes 9999 damage~
~Korpg is defeated by Saiya~

Sorted ^^. Seriously though, the only way you can take the lack of replies (or flamings) Korpg, is that 1: For once you didn't post anything inflammatory (inflammatory, flaming, lol...). And 2: I imagine people accept and appreciate your apologetic post, but would find it a bit embarassing to say so openly.

So, i'll go for it. You do sometimes have a tendency to be aggressive in your posting, and you may have stepped on a few people's toes (but not mine as far as i know). So thanks for the apology on behalf of anyone who might have aching feet =p.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 05:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't want to post anything inflammatory, just an apoligy.

Thanks for the flame though lol.

Oh, and about my aggressive postings, well, I'm very outspoken when it comes to issues that I have no business in. You should see me when I know my stuff.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-15 06:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

=O you know stuff!?
/takes note
:P j/k
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-01-15 07:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg
Kirin Captivator
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-15 08:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When to flame = People that are clearly wrong, yet will argue about how correct they are.

When not to flame = People that see the light and apologize about being wrong
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleary wrong = a matter of opinion, in this case the opinion of a would-be flamer. I've got a better one:

When to 'flame': Never.

Reasonable and considerate debate allows for a far more worthwhile thread than going ott, spamming caps, calling names or insulting people.

It's impossible to keep it up forever, everyone slips eventually; and if people could do this in general life i think a lot of things might not be as bad as they are, but no one's perfect. I've probably slipped and been less than amiable on many occasions, but I don't think saying it is hypocritical. As long as you 'try' to be considerate.

But even good intentions would count for something, people don't even seem make a goddamned effort. Orz ^^
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-15 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I didn't want to post anything inflammatory, just an apoligy. Thanks for the flame though lol. Oh, and about my aggressive postings, well, I'm very outspoken when it comes to issues that I have no business in. You should see me when I know my stuff.

I'm easy to get along with, and I'm willing to forgive/forget the past.
My Sky/Sea Linkshell will give you a chance, if you are interested.
However, if you mistreat any of my members or do something less than honorable, you will be kicked.

I am all about second chances and believe that people should have a chance to show they changed.
Just know, in my linkshell there are no favorites. Not even my RL girlfriend gets "favoritism".
She has to work towards her goals like everyone else.

All I ask, is that you listen carefully to the words of the Officers and let them guide you.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 15:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I already joined an endgame, my friend in Remedy offered a suggestion to apply to HeavenlyKnights, which supprised the ***that they accepted me.

Thanks for in offer though, just before I posted this, I got invited into Paradise also, which I politely refused.

And Saiya, its human nature to believe that if the view of one person contradicts the view of another person, then the second person will automatically consider the first person to be "wrong" and will consider the output of the first person to be "idiotic." I wish we could change the way we view this, but thousands of years of human history can not just vanish like that. Until society has finally reached a utopia of pure intelegence (another thing against our nature), we will continue bickering about who's property belongs to who (for proof of what I say, please go to a news site and see what is happening in the Middle East).
 Asura.Xredx
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2009-01-15 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
just an apoligy. .

you deserved to be flamed burned and stomped on, its apology
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-15 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG dude I can never forgive you because you don't know how to spell... anything you write makes me want to beat you over the head with the latest 20 volume set of the Oxford English dictionary.... besides I figure it's a matter of time before you decide to rip on the latest inequities and transgressions against your person...
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 18:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

And Saiya, its human nature to believe that if the view of one person contradicts the view of another person, then the second person will automatically consider the first person to be "wrong" and will consider the output of the first person to be "idiotic." I wish we could change the way we view this, but thousands of years of human history can not just vanish like that.

I think you're thinking into my point too deeply. On something a trivial like a forum for a computer game, you'd think people would be able to resist being a complete knobhead, from the outset, without any just cause. I just read a few more threads, and people just LOVE to hate. You'd think if anyone were ever to get a reign on those inherently bad human traits, it'd be easier in a place like this.

Even when you bring it down to such a controlled environment like a small(ish) forum like FFXIAH, people see it as an excuse to rip on people with no fear of real retribution, rather than making the most out of the opportunities that having a dedicated small discussion forum offers.

I mean after a few posts, a few disagreements, people get annoyed or sanctimonious (i'm guilty of that certainly), so posts get a bit heavy or lack civility. But when people just act like proper *** from the very beginning with no real justification other than 'because i can', it just makes me a bit disgusted.

In the RMT ads thread, it was all fairly civil. Then someone has to play the "You're a complete ignorant *** for not knowing a piece of internet drivel that is meaningless to the average person, and ESPECIALLY for having the nerve to ask about it in a non-offensive way" Card. Necessary? Not in the slightest. Useful? Even less so.

You can't blame it on human nature then just go ahead and do it as if that's some excuse. By that logic, it's perfectly justified to have sex with an underage boy/girl. Their body could well be able to bear/conceive children biologically but be underaged in terms of the law. But in 'the wild' so to speak they'd be on the market to potential mates.

But we don't do that, because we developed thought processes complicated enough to override basic instinct. We don't want this, we're more than just animals. Not only that, fantastically enough society now has the effect of making most people feel that doing it it would be wrong, deep down, not RIGHT. They've not only supressed basic instinct, they've replaced it!

In short, you'd think that holding back and having a bit of respect on a computer game forum would be easy, no? Considering what we manage on a species-wide level?

I really find it easy to give just about anyone the benefit of the doubt, or consider the issue from their side before I speak, even if only a little. It's not hard to have some restraint.

. . .

I'm so gonna burn for this :3
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 18:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Korpg said:

And Saiya, its human nature to believe that if the view of one person contradicts the view of another person, then the second person will automatically consider the first person to be "wrong" and will consider the output of the first person to be "idiotic." I wish we could change the way we view this, but thousands of years of human history can not just vanish like that.

I think you're thinking into my point too deeply.

And I'm SO guilty of hypocrisy XD
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-15 18:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's gonna want to burn someone with such a cute avatar sig... Saiya, trust in your words and that your honest intentions come through... Then again, I expect a pack of firebrand waving trolls to come in here any second and burn everything down... One never can tell... /sigh
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 18:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Saiya said:
Korpg said:
I think you're thinking into my point too deeply.
And I'm SO guilty of hypocrisy XD

You are, but then again, we are the few who are true SCHs on this forum....maybe we should level that job just for kicks?

You are completly right about the post above your last one. But trying to be more civilized in a non-civilized society will only get your *** kicked.

I haven't sat down without a pillow on my cheeks in a long time.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 18:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It is DAMN cute isn't it?

Thanks for a positive reply. I just get so angry watching people senselessly beat others with virtual clubs at the drop of a hat >.<. A lot of them not deserving it at all.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 18:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
But trying to be more civilized in a non-civilized society will only get your *** kicked.

I see what you're saying, and in real life that might apply. But for the most part I wouldn't say I lose out on anything being the way I am on forums & on the game. But then again it's down to what makes oneself feel fulfilled i guess =/ orz.
 Bahamut.Blooodyangel
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Blooodyangel 2009-01-15 20:38:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

/em cast water-ga on Kropg wetting {head} {legs} {feet} and {body}
/em throws a bucket full of gasoline/oil... hell anything that can burn on trousers.... just between the legs
/em cast FIREGA on Kropg
/em point at Kropg and laugh as hard as possible
/em dies from hapiness
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-01-15 20:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blooodyangel said:
/em throws a bucket full of gasoline/oil... hell anything that can burn on trousers.... just between the legs
/em cast FIREGA on Kropg
/em dies from hapiness

it's KORPG.... lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 21:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blooodyangel said:
/em cast FIREGA on Kropg
/em dies from hapiness

Yeah, if you are going to flame me, flame me right!

And its Waterga, plus Firaga.....

Plus, I'm glad you are happy now
 Valefor.Judda
Server: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-01-15 22:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahaha made me laugh /clap
n_n
 Bahamut.Blooodyangel
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Blooodyangel 2009-01-16 06:45:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

cant a man be clumsy or just drunk when he is attempting to ...... show the heat of his love even for strangers? >_>

j/k :P
back to the topic, its nice to say sorry.. hell even if you dont mean it, still makes people feel good /clap ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [319 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2009-12-01 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

CO-PG!!!!!!!!!!!!!