Starting zone OP warps
First Page 2
 Asura.Bbqhamster
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zexa
By Asura.Bbqhamster 2010-07-24 15:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't done this in a while, and I think we should organize this again. With the popularity of Abyssea, I thought this idea may appeal to others as well. I don't want to change nations back to Sand'Oria because of the guild I am working on, and maybe others have the same problem.
I just don't like to Tele-mea and spend 1k on a chocobo ride whenever I do abyssea Tahrongi, or chocobo through a long zone like La-Theine to get there.
What do you guys think about doing an OP warp swap again? I am willing to spend some gil on trading equipment, since I ran out of low level jobs.
 Asura.Wordspoken
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-07-25 03:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind Bastok controlling E.Ronfaure. What's the plan?
 Asura.Armonia
user: farkill
By Asura.Armonia 2010-07-25 04:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets make this happen for sure!
ERonfaure is the ONLY op zone i don't have xD

how much equipment/value you gatta trade to ensure ownership?
perhaps you can skill up a craft by making an *** ton of low level equipment then trading it off?
 Asura.Bbqhamster
By Asura.Bbqhamster 2010-07-25 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A general rule of thumb is the more the piece of gear NPCs for, the more conquest you earn. I've traded in some high lvl items before and the message changes to something along the lines of "greatly influencing the region".
Starting today would be a bit of short notice, so I think next Sunday we could start.
You can help by leveling mules in the corresponding zone, or even power leveling friends if you have nothing to level.
Remember you can refresh signet at the embassy in the foreign town. Spread the word. Though possible for a few of us to accomplish this alone, it is a great enterprise, and the more help, the better.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 1st- SATURDAY, AUGUST 7th
  • San d'Oria --> Gustaberg (Palborough Mines, Zeruhn Mines, Dangruf Wadi, N&S Gustaberg, Korroloka Tunnel)

• Bastok --> Sarutabaruta (Giddeus, W&E Sarutabaruta, Toraimai Cannal, I&O Horutoto Ruins)

• Windurst --> Ronfaure (E&W Ronfaure, King Ranperre's Tomb, Ghelsba, Yhugott Grotto, Bostauniux Oubliette)

SUNDAY, AUGUST 8th- SATURDAY, AUGUST 14th
  • San d'Oria --> Sarutabaruta (Giddeus, W&E Sarutabaruta, Toraimai Cannal, I&O Horutoto Ruins)

• Bastok --> Ronfaure (E&W Ronfaure, King Ranperre's Tomb, Ghelsba, Yhugott Grotto, Bostauniux Oubliette)

• Windurst --> Gustaberg (Palborough Mines, Zeruhn Mines, Dangruf Wadi, N&S Gustaberg, Korroloka Tunnel)

[+]
 Asura.Wordspoken
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-07-26 05:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm game ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-27 10:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

On Sylph some ppl did that a few months ago. Thanks to them I have all OPs now, including Ronfaure, Gustaberg + Sartabarta :P
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-27 10:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On Leviathan, People took over ronfaure for Windurst, but that's about it. Ever since Sandy's been extra powerful along with Bastok working on getting op's
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-07-27 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh.... That was the one blessing of the 1000 year lock out on odin. With no new ppl alowed in, I was able to get all three starting regions, for EACH nation :D

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Manslayer
user: Manslayer
By Asura.Manslayer 2010-08-02 07:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like an awesome idea!! I've tried getting a group together to do this months ago amoung friends and no one was interested. Count me in!!
 Asura.Vereina
user: occuria
By Asura.Vereina 2010-08-02 07:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll contribute what I can as well. I am not so sure taking over Gustaberg will be extremely easy. Maybe I am wrong? I'm just a bit uncertain due to the random nations involved in AF burns. I'll still pitch in though. :3
 Asura.Purrrita
user: purrr
By Asura.Purrrita 2010-08-02 08:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOT! super excited! *passes the word*
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-08-02 09:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Will pass on the word to Linkshell friends. Got a mule & a few low level jobs I can take to Gusta!
By Muffet 2010-08-02 21:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Last year around March 2009. myself and a few friends took over Bastok OP for Sandy. It cost me personly 5m gil in misc. gear that was bought off AH.

Best chances of taking over that OP is to trade about 1-5 hours before tally. Cause of the high regen that city has.
By Manslayer 2010-08-03 08:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
If you have the time and you can focus 15ish hours for this cause in a week and relatively cheaply. One person can make scorpion arrows or holy bolts and just trade them all to the OP 30 mins before jap midnight. It's pretty much unstoppable you will gain control of the region from no control at all I think it took me 200+ quivers of holy bolts or less than 150 quivers of scorpion arrows to take saruba for sandoria one week, the important part is that control potency decreases greatly over time, so if you did this every day for a week compared to all within 30 mins of jap midnight, it would take 2x the bolts/arrows > <
well then looks like i'm putting my HQing Woodworking to a good use here ^^
 Asura.Bbqhamster
By Asura.Bbqhamster 2010-08-08 10:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I have to admit I was feeling a bit raw about it, but hopefully this next week will work out as planned. I find it an odd coincidence that someone makes a linkshell called Getsarutaop and organizes it for Sand'Orians to take over the Sarutabaruta OP, while I shout for it being Bastokians turn. I just don't think people organize OP exchanges that often for it to be some happenstance. I admit I did yell a few profanities and blame Asura for being a server of asswipes because I had nothing to show for the 2 million I dumped into it.

Oh well, let's go grab our OPs guys! I found that exchanging the perle,aurore, and teal stuff greatly influences the regions. So, if you are over flowing with cruor, trade those in! This will, in fact be my plan for grabbing Eron for Bastok since I used a bit more gil than planned. Spread the word!

You may not need the op but if your replacement for the abyssea party gets there that much faster, it benefits you.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-08 22:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i only take part if we decimate all taru's... no wait that sounds bad. if we find a solution for the race without kneecap.

btw who gives a fudge bout sandy? bastok ftw!
By Genesimmons 2010-08-08 23:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm...I'm not on your server or I'd gladly take part. However, it occurred to me that there are some higher-level areas connected to some of those zones that could also have an influence. I've never figured out exactly how the conquest tallies work, but I wonder how much an epic all-Windy or all-Bastok fistburn party in KRT would affect control of Ronfaure?
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-08 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironic this is mentioned as I just looked at the conquest map and saw Windy had control of ronfaure on carby.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wordspoken
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-08-09 13:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andevom said:
Asura.Bbqhamster said:
Ok, I have to admit I was feeling a bit raw about it, but hopefully this next week will work out as planned. I find it an odd coincidence that someone makes a linkshell called Getsarutaop and organizes it for Sand'Orians to take over the Sarutabaruta OP, while I shout for it being Bastokians turn.

I can understand it though. As I mentioned earlier, Bastok had Sarutabaruta's OP not too long ago. I can't remember the last time Sandy had it.
I don't. We're planning Sandy having it next week. Why shaft this week's plan?

Only zone that participated btw. E.Ron and S.Gusta were unaffected.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-09 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds wonderful. I need both Ronfaure and Sarutabaruta OP.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bbqhamster
By Asura.Bbqhamster 2010-08-09 14:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I wish I could take credit, Spicy. I sort of scheduled Saruta for Bastokian control that week, and Sandy for Gustaberg. As I dumped 2 mil into the OP, some other group came and took Sarutabaruta for Sandy. :P

I am not sure if the idea was done to spite me. 2 mil is an awful lot to lose for nothing to show.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Exantra
user: Exan
By Asura.Exantra 2010-08-15 09:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So did people just forget this week?

20 minutes to go and I'm literally the only one from Bastok here (EDIT: Ronfaure, that is.) I don't even feel like wasting my items since there's no way I'm going to get it on my own.
 Asura.Lecreuset
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-08-20 19:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Windy owned Ronfaure when?
 Asura.Lecreuset
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2010-08-22 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, today.
Ha.
Thanks.
All OPs, all nations now.
Cheers.
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-08-23 21:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Gustaberg today guys, Thanks alot for this!

I think I missed outon Saurta :(

Kudos though!
First Page 2