Forum » FFXI » General » No <3 for Beastmaster
No <3 for Beastmaster
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-15 00:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

iv'e been in 1 pt w Bst in party, It was great, lvl 54~ had CC tanking Lesser colibri, And was great xp per hour.

Ever since the FoV has come out, it has made solo'ing much easyer, Imo atleast, (kill 8 mobs in VD for 65-80 a kill "520-640" xp + 550 xp for the regement. " a fast 1190 xp in about 30 mins. and at low levels olny 5k to level its fast & fun -this is rated w Ep kills-

If i saw a BST Lfp I would invite them, depending on the Level. and area.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-01-15 00:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer
 Siren.Aem
Server: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2009-01-15 03:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never flagged as BST/NIN, just prefer solo. I still think or assume their is stigma involved and that people would moan about me being in party.

What people forget is a BST can make a fairly decent DD, not an expert one, but a good one, and than you add a capped jug to the mix, which adds nice damage, nice TP moves, and the ability to WS + Snarl to move hate over.

I have however been in RDM, BST X3, PLD, MNK party on Lesser Colbiri, and the EXP was phenomenal. No down time at all, and chain 5 with simple elegant ease.

I might flag up BST, who knows. I'd love to show parties/people that like PUP, BST can be viable in parties.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 04:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yet, try to get people to let SMNs do DD, and they would kick you faster than you can say "***."

Althought thats another topic for discussion ;p
 Ifrit.Maverick
Server: Ifrit
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2009-01-15 04:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burn parties can get xp at amazin rates, theyre real role in a pt shud be as member support though

Back to op, id always invite a BST if they were seeking 23+, 7th party member with no xp penalty? its an obvious yes
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-15 04:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
I have no problem with bsts (other than the job reminds me of dogfighting, which I really don't like) but the one time I ever got into an xp party with a beastmaster, he tried to charm a mob in the middle of the fight, failed, and got us all wiped.

Talk about your stupid BST's >.>

I'm no BST, but..

Shouldn't the BST be pulling up some mushroom or tiger (JUG)pets to be in the PT with? No need for HQ ones even. Most BST I see use the fungaur you can buy from Kazham. Works well enough for me, does decent damage and has some nice WS's (Paralyze, Blind, Silence.. god those are annoying >.>)

Now, for my disclaimer >.>

I like BST's, I've pt'd with BST's, they were fun. Well geared and well played, a BST can make a good addition to a PT slot, you're essentially getting 2x"Not quite as perfect as war" DD's for the price of one!

But like people have said.. most BST don't gear for 2 situations like that and only carry around their charm gear and their mash of DD gear.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 05:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Well geared and well played, a BST can make a good addition to a PT slot, you're essentially getting 2x"Not quite as perfect as war" DD's for the price of one!

Pure gold! Finally somebody admits that WARs are not loltankwanabees.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-15 05:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Hitetsu said:
Well geared and well played, a BST can make a good addition to a PT slot, you're essentially getting 2x"Not quite as perfect as war" DD's for the price of one!

Pure gold! Finally somebody admits that WARs are not loltankwanabees.

No war should be made to tank after maybe qufim and before 74 >.>
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 05:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it a common assumption that WARs were aspiring to be tanks, but rather unsuited for it?
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 05:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm WAR75, one of the best tanking combos available pre-40ish and even pre 50ish is 2 war/nins bounce tanking.

OP wise I think i'm gonna try inviting a BST. Never really thought about it, but I wouldnt say I have a problem with it. Just gets sort of ingrained not to have BST as a high priority PT choice ^^;
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-15 05:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, I've been asked to tank mid-levels as WAR. I'm sat like "Yeah.. I'll go tank that thing, that never misses a NIN, while it double attacks.. with the eva of a HOUSE BRICK".

This is a bad spot for me, because I don't generally mind tanking XD Keeps me on my toes (the main reason I'm levelling rawrnin!)

But yeah.. a lot of the time people expect war to be able to tank.

I found a screenshot! Shame it's the only one XD

User submitted image
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-15 05:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
one of the best tanking combos available pre-40ish and even pre 50ish is 2 war/nins bounce tanking.

I completely agree, the problem is several people think that WAR can single tank pre-Ni. The next problem is that one of the two war are normally.. "not with it"?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 05:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, first invite after Level Sync came out was my WAR tanking in a level 48 Shittadale on beetles and bats in basement. We had to /heal too many times (I never died, thank god I actually leveled shield skill) and it was slower than ***.

When WAR was level 45, Crawler's Nest, Flies, had 2 PLs and still died 3 times.....

WAR at level 30, Full German Tanking armor, PL, died twice....

All these came with /nin....

I felt so gimped during those times, because I usually tanked anyway (when you want to tank as WAR, you do the good damage often and not have to worry about voking, but when you don't wana tank as WAR, you still end up doing it lol).

Edit: All these levels that I tanked....I tanked alone. Although I still make a good WAR tank, but with good healers, I still become a MP drain.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-15 05:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. Once in the history of me playing (in Garbage Shitadel actually) a War/Nin solo tanked amazingly well...

Galka War/Nin with Im Cuirass etc etc (This was a while ago). I wasn't really in a position to be critical, as I wasn't nearly as experienced back then. But thinking back on it, I have no idea how he did it, but it worked.

It's possible he used Tav Taco as well as Defender, which is a fairly potent combination. Galka VIT & HP combined, maybe.

But yeah, lol @ people asking any old War/Nin to solo tank ¬.¬;. Our AF is bursting with Enmity (+15 Overall), but it's a shame our potential just isn't up to par with a fast IT/IT++ exp party.

Although when my shield skill is levelled i'd be interested to give it a try, knowing what I do now about tanking, enmity and damage mitigation ^.^.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 05:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Shield Saves also~
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-01-15 06:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

war/blu ^^ cocoon and ability to self heal , at 75 with war/blu i can solo campaign mobs and push my def to 800-900+ and self cure stun evan get killer traits and regen .

(need a separate topic for this)
 Asura.Twitchiepooh
By Asura.Twitchiepooh 2009-01-15 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Awhile back a BST told me once that there will be <3 for BSTs when we get to pick what TP Moves our pets use.

However, that has nothing to do with BSTs and parties, but that's the only thing I have to say about BSTs in general.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-15 19:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

my advice to you. switch servers to ramuh and apply to join monstersinc
 Leviathan.Scid
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scid 2009-01-15 19:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a 75 BST. Everyone in the bst community has a differant opinion of Solo/PTing.
I feel that every BST should be soloing the majority of their career, or your not gonna have any idea what to do if you try and do stuff with people.

But, I also see that BST is a disturbingly good DD if the guy knows what he's doing. All depends.

Meritpt = Yes
PTing 35-74 = Maybe
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-01-17 11:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i just want them to release the jug pets that are in dat files ; ; try searching jugs on ffah sometime... bird slime leech courel with hq versions.