Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Weird Healing Breath Issue
Weird Healing Breath Issue
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-07-22 15:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier today was solo'ing G.Coli's on 80DRG/RDM. My Wyvern was at max 'status parameter' increases but was healing for 2 different distinct numbers. Sometimes a regular HB would do about 480~ and other times it would do 571. Nothing in my gear changed. HB activated with AF1 Helm, and when HB goes out I have Wyrm Armet, Wyvern Mail, Gorget, Drachen Brais +1, and Homam Feet.

Also, just now I logged back in (so my wyvern as had no status parameter increases) and some HBs do 358, and some are doing 456.
I don't really understand what's happening. It's not a gear thing cause I changed my timers to be absuletly positive I had all my HB gear on when my wyvern hits me with it and it's still happening. It's not a Wyvern TP thing because I'm doing it so often that myvern doesn't have much time to build up TP before it's next HB...maybe 20-30tp. Does Healing Breath have some kind of Critical Hit type deal? lol.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-07-22 15:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Earlier today was solo'ing G.Coli's on 80DRG/RDM. My Wyvern was at max 'status parameter' increases but was healing for 2 different distinct numbers. Sometimes a regular HB would do about 480~ and other times it would do 571. Nothing in my gear changed. HB activated with AF1 Helm, and when HB goes out I have Wyrm Armet, Wyvern Mail, Gorget, Drachen Brais +1, and Homam Feet.

Also, just now I logged back in (so my wyvern as had no status parameter increases) and some HBs do 358, and some are doing 456.
I don't really understand what's happening. It's not a gear thing cause I changed my timers to be absuletly positive I had all my HB gear on when my wyvern hits me with it and it's still happening. It's not a Wyvern TP thing because I'm doing it so often that myvern doesn't have much time to build up TP before it's next HB...maybe 20-30tp. Does Healing Breath have some kind of Critical Hit type deal? lol.

Did you mean to do that? If so you're neat. If not then lolfail =D
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-22 16:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If it wasn't a wyvern-TP-thing (you said it didn't accummulate enough TP to make a significant increase in HB) then maybe it is a factor of the wyvern itself?

Wyverns supposedly gain Dragon Killer, Attack Bonus, and Accuracy Bonus as the DRG levels up, so maybe Conserve TP is the new trait they get also? So maybe their HB's (technically a WS) consume less TP sometimes, too?

Just a guess.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-07-22 16:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, problem was figured out. Sometimes it can take 4-6 seconds for your WyvernHP+ gear to actually come into effect increase your Wyvern's HP. Sometimes too long for it to increase before my HBs would go out.