Items In Abyssea Boxes. WTF Does PPL Think They Ar

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Items in Abyssea Boxes. WTF does PPL think they ar
Items in Abyssea Boxes. WTF does PPL think they ar
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-23 05:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I don't really see the point in fighting over the gold chest items. Most are synthesis items anyway and I'd rather just completely avoid gold chests if I could. Yeah some are pretty awesome don't get me wrong but most shout groups in Abyssea are there for the EXP and you're wasting peoples time fighting over a simple item. A group of 6-12 people can kill mobs quick enough to get the same chests sure the chances of TE are way lower with a smaller group but come on. Just go with people you know if you're striving to get something out of the gold chests. If you're looking to loot and make money doing Abyssea; stop wasting peoples time and make your own run. Or just go with friends.

I check the item chests to see if they have anything cool augmented but then just leave it there; whoever wants to waste a key for some crap item go for it. ***I'd be wasting it on would be for more use to me... like that refresh+ hairpin or some ***not some lame synthesis material. And if you're that hard up for money go farm or something ***; lord. Whining about people looting gold chests is just a waste; ESPECIALLY on one of those awesome runs that you get over 200k exp in a few hours. Cause hell, you know half the groups that are new to abyssea can barely do 20-30k. If you don't like the rules then go somewhere else; if you'd rather camp gold chests trying to loot some group then stop wasting their time a lot of people want exp not someone leeching chest items. 8 people hovering over a gold chest fighting over items is just pathetic when you're getting that much exp; i mean really it beats the *** outta exp camps anywhere.

I think he said it better than i could have explained.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-23 05:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

I think he said it better than i could have explained.

<- she ^^; hehe
 Cerberus.Mitsukai
Server: Cerberus
user: Mitsukai
By Cerberus.Mitsukai 2010-07-23 06:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
They also have a word called 'Wrong' curiously your picture is next to it.

Surely you can think of a better insult than that?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 06:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mitsukai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm insulting you now? Nice to know I have an effect on people :)
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-23 06:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It requires a little bit of effort, but to give everyone a fair chance at treasure, while maintaining exp flow, when I make Abyssea groups, I make sure everyone is CRYSTAL *** CLEAR on the fact that they aren't touching any gold chests. Anyone who does that isn't a designated chest-popper is immediately removed from the alliance.

When the Party comes to an End, we all gather outside the maw, and random for the valuables. Setting absolutely no priority on items other than winning /random. Everyone has their own opinion of who can use what. One player may think he can make use out of that Stone V by having it cast twice in their career, and never touched again, but a Ninja May think he can use the proceeds to buy tools. Both are equal in my eyes, and the only fair way to distribute, is unbiased, randomly generated numbers.

In the event someone leaves early, before they leave, I have them /random for a Maximum of two items that were acquired up to that point. If their lots beat the rest at the end of the run, they will find a surprise in their delivery box.

This is the only system I've found that works to keep people's heads in the game. The /random before early leave requires a little bit more effort than I'd like to put in, but if that's the persona cost I have to endure to make sure everyone is focused on the combat, rather than the sparkles, so be it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mitsukai
Server: Cerberus
user: Mitsukai
By Cerberus.Mitsukai 2010-07-23 07:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mitsukai said:

Seems not.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 07:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Mitsukai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm insulting you now? Nice to know I have an effect on people :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Duriel
Server: Leviathan
user: duriel
By Leviathan.Duriel 2010-07-23 10:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

selective reading fail lol?
 Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-07-23 16:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

NINE PAGES!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 16:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duriel said:
I was unaware that it was a world standard that liking something not of American being makes you a failure.

Makes me wonder...... wait never mind I almost forgot, Americans are unfamiliar with world culture.
I wanted to reply to this just for fun.
I have had an anime avatar more than not on this site.
I wasn't insulting anime, I was insulting you and your poor anime choice :D
edit: also, Naruto is pretty much the most Americanized anime next to pokemon.
unless you consider avatar the airbender to be anime lol.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-23 16:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Heavendragon said:
Wow. I logged on today and see my post is still alive and on the topic? Wow!

But the main theme of these Post is going lost i think.

Yesterday i made my own Abyssea Run againe. We made 580exp/mob and got a lot of Items.

I am realy happy about it, because now my BLM is lv 80, i got 10 Merits and a full buffer.

These time i collected all items for myself. I gave spells to ppl that needed it in theyr actualy job.

Some items goes to my LS mades. But i saied it at start of Run that all Items go to me and my ls mades. Everyone was ok with it and staied.

Just neede to kick one ppl because he stole a Key-Item from Chest.

But the rest of the run was epic ^^
Welcome to the darkside! :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 16:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Duriel said:
I was unaware that it was a world standard that liking something not of American being makes you a failure.

Makes me wonder...... wait never mind I almost forgot, Americans are unfamiliar with world culture.

hey now, Avatar is awesome.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 17:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Duriel said:

I haven't seen the movie but regardless Avatar is American made :/
didn't throw a neg or a pos on that one.
edit:
If you want any consolation the Avatar cartoon is probably way better than anything Naruto related.
edit2: i'm gonna be watching the movie once a good rip is released lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 17:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Duriel said:

edit:
If you want any consolation the Avatar cartoon is probably way better than anything Naruto related.
edit2: i'm gonna be watching the movie once a good rip is released lol.

I meant the cartoon lol, Damn Avatar having multiple meanings now D:

The smurf knock off movie was all right, nothing special.

I'm afraid if I watch the last airbender in the cinema, I may maim children.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 17:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Duriel said:

edit:
If you want any consolation the Avatar anime is probably way better than anything Naruto related.

The new movie has real people in it and looks appealing, the "anime" or better said, cartoon of it looks like ***, whether it has a good story or not I can't say as I refuse to watch it.

Also, @Flion I'm sure gay sex is "awesome" too... if you're gay... but for most ppl......

However, I think we can both agree Naruto sucks, as Vin said though naruto basically isn't even an anime, it's essentially a very shitty american cartoon now. I know it's made by japanese... but not the good ones.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 17:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Duriel said:

edit:
If you want any consolation the Avatar anime is probably way better than anything Naruto related.

The new movie has real people in it and looks appealing, the "anime" or better said, cartoon of it looks like ***, whether it has a good story or not I can't say as I refuse to watch it.

Also, @Flion I'm sure gay sex is "awesome" too... if you're gay... but for most ppl......

However, I think we can both agree Naruto sucks, as Vin said though naruto basically isn't even an anime, it's essentially a very shitty american cartoon now. I know it's made by japanese... but not the good ones.

TBH I watch what I like, the fact that it's a cartoon means pretty much nothing, as long as it has a good storyline etc.

Same with Vidja.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 17:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I never watched the cartoon because it aired on Nickelodeon, that being said it makes me not have any expectations for it.
and i love that when i don't have expectations for a movie, if it's shitty ohwell but when i don't have expectations for a movie and it's good it makes it all the better.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 17:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I never watched the cartoon because it aired on Nickelodeon, that being said it makes me not have any expectations for it.
and i love that when i don't have expectations for a movie, if it's shitty ohwell but when i don't have expectations for a movie and it's good it makes it all the better.

'Taking the Pelham 1, 2, 3' was like that for me, Just thought eh and went to a random movie when I had a few hours to kill, and I actually really enjoyed it.

Over hyping something is a sure fire way to make a lot of people disappointed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-23 17:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I will never make the Jerry Springer show, I want to take the opportunity to post here. While I generally think the OP is being a little whiny, I have to agree with one small piece. Giving crafters priority to crafting items just for that sake is silly. I'm a crafter and why do I craft? To make gil.

time = crafting = gil . It's all the same.

If you want to say that the chests go to the organizers because they organized, or the chest collectors because they are spending the cruor to collect, that is fine.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 17:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
TBH I watch what I like, the fact that it's a cartoon means pretty much nothing, as long as it has a good storyline etc.

Same with Vidja.

I'm not one that's all about the CGI and graphics and ***, but I mean I have to draw the line somewhere... Nickelodeon and CN have been pumping out ***the last 8ish years. I really feel bad the the current generation. They are having a terrible childhood tv show wise.

Admittedly idk about the storyline AND the movie adaption looks good, but I don't see the cartoon being similar, or as good I should say. They basically took a cartoon that appealed to a few ppl and changed it around to appeal to the masses(through CGI though lol).

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 17:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

I'm not one that's all about the CGI and graphics and ***, but I mean I have to draw the line somewhere... Nickelodeon and CN have been pumping out ***the last 8ish years. I really feel bad the the current generation. They are having a terrible childhood tv show wise.

Admittedly idk about the storyline AND the movie adaption looks good, but I don't see the cartoon being similar, or as good I should say. They basically took a cartoon that appealed to a few ppl and changed it around to appeal to the masses(through CGI though lol).

The movie looked awful, same with the dragonball movie.

That movie made me feel ill. I do enjoy Anime though, Not going to deny it. Watching Trigun again atm, and I absolutely love it.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 17:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

That movie made me feel ill. I do enjoy Anime though, Not going to deny it. Watching Trigun again atm, and I absolutely love it.

DBE was *** terrible BUT I have seen the real DBZ, maybe that's why the air bender movie looks bad to you, I haven't seen the cartoon though myself I just saw pretty CGI water flying everywhere.

Have all 26(?) eps on my HDD, just finished watching again last week actually lol...

I am about to go watch Prince of Tennis again. I really wish they would make more of that, it's got like a *** load of eps, think 160 or something, but they could make more. ; ;
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-23 17:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. I logged on today and see my post is still alive and on the topic? Wow! But the main theme of these Post is going lost i think. Yesterday i made my own Abyssea Run againe. We made 580exp/mob and got a lot of Items. I am realy happy about it, because now my BLM is lv 80, i got 10 Merits and a full buffer. These time i collected all items for myself. I gave spells to ppl that needed it in theyr actualy job. Some items goes to my LS mades. But i saied it at start of Run that all Items go to me and my ls mades. Everyone was ok with it and staied. Just neede to kick one ppl because he stole a Key-Item from Chest. But the rest of the run was epic ^^

Wow so what ur saying is u didnt do what u said was the fair way to do it in your OP. You said in the OP that you hold items and let ppl /random at the end which sounds good to me. You say 1 thing and do another, your no better then the ppl u wrote the OP about
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-23 17:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

But what is with all the other ppl who want the items to? Maybe to make some money or so. But i think they should have the same chance to get it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 18:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

Trigun is my favorite anime, I watch it about once a year.
I am kind of curious about the Trigun movie and I technically "could" find some rips for it but It just seems like it's lost the storyline spark it had, guess i'll find out when i watch it though.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 18:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

I am kind of curious about the Trigun movie and I technically "could" find some rips for it but It just seems like it's lost the storyline spark it had, guess i'll find out when i watch it though.

Wait! >_< There's a trigun movies?... If you find it PM me the link.

Idc if it's shitty, I just wanna see it. I downloaded the Divine Fist of the North Star movie, was so *** terrible but epic at the same time.. I suggest watching it if you like DFOTNS.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 18:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

Idc if it's shitty, I just wanna see it. I downloaded the Divine Fist of the North Star movie, was so *** terrible but epic at the same time.. I suggest watching it if you like DFOTNS.
you need to watch the series "the dark king", it's a spinoff of the fist of the north series but has Raoh as a main character, it's perdy badass, a bit of a prequel/same storyline from different perspective.
edit: also I dunno if there are any good rips for it or anything, they are planning to release it in the US and I think both the dubbed and the subs are sound so i'm a bit conflicted on which i wanna watch first.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 18:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Same with Vidja.

you need to watch the series "the dark king", it's a spinoff of the fist of the north series but has Raoh as a main character, it's perdy badass, a bit of a prequel/same storyline from different perspective.
edit: also I dunno if there are any good rips for it or anything, they are planning to release it in the US and I think both the dubbed and the subs are sound so i'm a bit conflicted on which i wanna watch first.

I watched DFOTNS in subs, but I don't mind dubs, and I laugh when weeaboos scram over how dubs suck lol.

I found an anime called Fist of the Blue Sky. It's a sort of prequel to DFOTNS, It's about the original kenshiro who the main one was named after. It takes place in like 1930's china or some ***. Pretty good just very different.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-23 18:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
It requires a little bit of effort, but to give everyone a fair chance at treasure, while maintaining exp flow, when I make Abyssea groups, I make sure everyone is CRYSTAL *** CLEAR on the fact that they aren't touching any gold chests. Anyone who does that isn't a designated chest-popper is immediately removed from the alliance. When the Party comes to an End, we all gather outside the maw, and random for the valuables. Setting absolutely no priority on items other than winning /random. Everyone has their own opinion of who can use what. One player may think he can make use out of that Stone V by having it cast twice in their career, and never touched again, but a Ninja May think he can use the proceeds to buy tools. Both are equal in my eyes, and the only fair way to distribute, is unbiased, randomly generated numbers. In the event someone leaves early, before they leave, I have them /random for a Maximum of two items that were acquired up to that point. If their lots beat the rest at the end of the run, they will find a surprise in their delivery box. This is the only system I've found that works to keep people's heads in the game. The /random before early leave requires a little bit more effort than I'd like to put in, but if that's the persona cost I have to endure to make sure everyone is focused on the combat, rather than the sparkles, so be it.

out of every post i have read this is the important one for people to take in.(i notice no one has quoted him in a negative way..i wonder why?)
no priority to crafters or mages or ninjas or winger's.i can always say i need stuff and sell it on my mule and you cant check my sellers history./random is the best tool in the game and players manage to *** it over some how.

and lol at you set the party up,your drops..thats just so wrong.how hard is it to find people to make 250k+ xp nowdays?

we all need spells and we all need materials and we all need gilz.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 18:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched DFOTNS in subs, but I don't mind dubs, and I laugh when weeaboos scram over how dubs suck lol.

I found an anime called Fist of the Blue Sky. It's a sort of prequel to DFOTNS, It's about the original kenshiro who the main one was named after. It takes place in like 1930's china or some ***. Pretty good just very different.
yeah they definetely have like a lot of Fist of the North Star incarnations out there.
But I'd say for thread's sake that this get diverted to good ole PM's, i'll shoot you one regarding the Trigun movie.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10