Best Way To Level Evasion?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best way to level Evasion?
Best way to level Evasion?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-27 12:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped my eva on 85 thf by pulling for abys exp parties, and eva tanking NMs for my LS events. I capped it for 75 (long before the cap increase updates) using the besieged Cyclone+fanatics method, and (sac)pulling dynamis.
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-10-27 18:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

so guys how do i level daggers?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-27 18:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Go to Abyssea and hit stuff (*'-') pre 200 get some sushi and go poke colibri if you're Lv74-85 leveling Dagger.
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2010-10-29 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

got to 339 cap (4 merits) on Abraxas, Lufaise Meadows - even match & tough, mobs can be nasty (Tough's) gliding spike hits for 500+ no food but prot IV, npc fellow lvl 70 soothing healer, things get rough use hide, recomend you bring help & use def food, good luck.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-29 20:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way is to get some Resistance Credit, and purchase a fanatic's drink in Abyssea, Attowha if possible. When you have fanatics, either go to (Preferably) Chigoe camp, and train as many as humanly possible. Pop fanatics drink and watch your evasion skyrocket. Friend got from 221 evasion (On thf mule) to 324 in 8 rounds of doing this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-29 20:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Or find a mob that attacks at HF speed... ie like half the mandy nms in abyssea lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-12-21 14:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Best way is to get some Resistance Credit, and purchase a fanatic's drink in Abyssea, Attowha if possible. When you have fanatics, either go to (Preferably) Chigoe camp, and train as many as humanly possible. Pop fanatics drink and watch your evasion skyrocket. Friend got from 221 evasion (On thf mule) to 324 in 8 rounds of doing this.

I did this one time and got about 11 skill levels in Evasion. The next time I did it, a few days later, I got exactly ZERO skillups at all before I finally died. Very frustrating and quite the difference in experience.
By RingmastersWord 2010-12-21 14:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With abyssea mobs starting as DCs now it might not be so practical. If you've got some friends you could always take a few and have them spam cure you while it beats the ***out of you.

I agree with the Abyssea pulling tho. Amazing how many lvls you can get in a night with the added benefit of xp.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-12-22 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RingmastersWord said:
With abyssea mobs starting as DCs now it might not be so practical. If you've got some friends you could always take a few and have them spam cure you while it beats the ***out of you.

I agree with the Abyssea pulling tho. Amazing how many lvls you can get in a night with the added benefit of xp.

Good advice, and great name. I'll see what I can do and report back the results.
By Aisha 2011-01-02 03:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing I did to cap eva at lvl 90 was go THF/RDM to abysea - attohwa to conflux 5 around the mandies, I used terra staff and other PDT - gear along with def food Phalanx and 2 Regen atmas for around 30 HP a tic, put on my trotter boots and aggroed all the mandies and just stood there and got hit for 0-15 and when I needed HP I just kited em for few seconds then let em hit me again, that way I didnt need fanatics or to keep going back and forth, I know not everyone will have this option but just saying for ppl that do, it works really well and fast, I got around 35 skill lvls in little over 30 min
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-02 03:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:
Go to Abyssea and hit stuff (*'-') pre 200 get some sushi and go poke colibri if you're Lv74-85 leveling Dagger.

Or use some low level Daggers ( I used Blind Daggers) and afk on fortalices til it's capped at 269. Idk what people *** about, got it done in 3 sleeps and thats only because I killed them before I woke up, could have done in less.
 Phoenix.Pozcat
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2011-01-02 04:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said:
one thing I did to cap eva at lvl 90 was go THF/RDM to abysea - attohwa to conflux 5 around the mandies, I used terra staff and other PDT - gear along with def food Phalanx and 2 Regen atmas for around 30 HP a tic, put on my trotter boots and aggroed all the mandies and just stood there and got hit for 0-15 and when I needed HP I just kited em for few seconds then let em hit me again, that way I didnt need fanatics or to keep going back and forth, I know not everyone will have this option but just saying for ppl that do, it works really well and fast, I got around 35 skill lvls in little over 30 min
if you see a friend in a fell cleave, get them to let you pull /rdm and basically do what Aisha says, only getting exp. I manage skillups on my weapons at 350+ on mandies even when they aren't higher level
[+]
 Phoenix.Gambles
user: jaquan
By Phoenix.Gambles 2011-01-02 04:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So heres the way i usually do it. Head to Castle Oztroja past and find the pally and sam type yagudos and you aggro all of them as much as u can and let them hit u down to a comfortable spot where you would like to use hide. Rest up pull again hide and repeat ^^; This only works as Main thf though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 06:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just redid it. And yeah chigs at in attowha was the easiest. If they are only dc kill some or get some people to kill them until they EM if you are close to cap. Then or otherwise run thru the entire lot of them with full pdt/def/regen atma/gear once you get them all and you low on hp throw up a fanatics. Once it wears you can run a bit and regen a bit longer till you have to hide. Rinse repeat. Was getting 6-13 lvls per run thru them. So yeah like the last 30 lvls got done in maybe 30 min lol.

I ended up finishing daggers tanking NMs for people lol
 Bismarck.Fabiano
Server: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2011-01-02 07:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

chigoes are also awesome to cap weapons on war with retaliation , you just need a rdm friend with phalanx II .
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Luthian
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2011-02-08 22:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mitsurughy said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Imo /nin would work better, as you can skill up even if it hits shadows (think) its been forever since I skilled up evasion.
no

YES, You do get skill ups from losing a shadow. Read a book.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-08 22:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Imo /nin would work better, as you can skill up even if it hits shadows (think) its been forever since I skilled up evasion.
no
But that doesn't make it better. Especially when you have a ton on you. Plus you can't get parry/shield/gaurd that way
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-08 22:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
no
But that doesn't make it better. Especially when you have a ton on you. Plus you can't get parry/shield/gaurd that way

100 mandies go, get a earth staff and a friend with phalanx2 or a sch with /rdm.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-08 22:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
no

Ok, so you necro bump a thread that hasn't had a post in over a month to address a post made over 7 months ago, which was already corrected earlier in the thread?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-08 22:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
no
100 mandies go, get a earth staff and a friend with phalanx2 or a sch with /rdm.
And get like 50 regen in atmas and high defense and full pdt on top of that and fun times
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-08 22:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
no
And get like 50 regen in atmas and high defense and full pdt on top of that and fun times

Overkill for mandies, we lvled the mandies to T-VT, nin had earth staff, and +1 arhat's, jelly. Gave him phalanx2 and told him to use mounted champion. He went from 314-nin cap in 10 mins.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-08 23:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Luthian said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
no
Overkill for mandies, we lvled the mandies to T-VT, nin had earth staff, and +1 arhat's, jelly. Gave him phalanx2 and told him to use mounted champion. He went from 314-nin cap in 10 mins.
Yeah sure if you have help. But I did mine all solo. Used chigs too instead. Fanatics and hide was so much better though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
By Evangelist 2011-04-07 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo said:
Besieged + Fanatics + Diaga
i was unable to get skill ups with this method after like 275..

i skilled up from 275 to 360 in about 30 minutes in Abyssea Altepa at the Mandy camp by lake. i used War sub for defender and had Red mage throw me Phalanx 2 + and a few cures through the amount of time (also wore earth staff) also a good way to get parry skill ups. if you get the red mage to hold a mandy and engage it from a distance while facing the mobs. Good Luck
 Phoenix.Crotin
user: Crotin
By Phoenix.Crotin 2011-04-29 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped daggers and evasion on Manigordos in Abyssea Altepa, thf/dnc
By ansime 2011-05-01 07:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just go to Abyssea Attohwa with every buyable temp item for hp, and a fanatics drink. Use flee and aggro all chigoe by flux 7, let them beat you up a bit then pop fanatics drink. I just went from 324 to cap in 3 runs. Make sure to use some PDT- gear, though all i used was a Terra's staff. It worked awesome for me, make sure to equip regen and hp atmas. I did sanguinescythe, impregnable tower, and visscitude.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-01 08:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

1. go to abyssea altep use damage reduce gear,(earth staff , jelly ring, and such)

2. have a rdm/sch friend or a sch/rdm for phalanxga and protect5,

3. aggro (do not pull) like 5 or 6 black mandies from flux 6, stay in a safe spot with your healer mate, your evasion will skill up a lot, in a few minutes your evasion will cap

i did this with a ninja friend that had 100+ evasion only, he got caped in like 20 mins of holding those mandies while i was doing phalanxga/few minor healings, the mandies was hitting him for like 7-10 dmg only
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2011-05-01 09:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Emanuelle's post is pretty helpful. I bet that works good. I capped my eva by solo tanking Manhora, Athamas, Avelerion, and Nonno in misareux coast abys. got all my nin and thf seals this way and capped my eva.