Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Endgame BLM
Endgame BLM
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 09:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting today, anytime I attend a linkshell event, I am only casting spells you get before level 25, since that is where people stop caring about putting blm in a party.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-07-11 09:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sub whm and haste the DD's. That'll make BLM useful in endgame.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 09:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, everyone wants blm in endgame, just noone wants to help you get these levels. I have rdm and thf I could use in endgame if that were the problem, I just here "Come BLM" to dynamis, limbus, etc.
 Phoenix.Pozcat
Server: Phoenix
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2010-07-11 09:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

a non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE BLM is a powerful asset to any endgame event!
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-07-11 09:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i really feel bad for anyone leveling blm now. I was lucky enough to level mine back when not having a BLM in the party meant you party was going to suck hardcore. every pt was WHM RDM BLM TANK(preferably nin)and 2 DD.

Magic bursting every single mob. Now thats when blm leveling was fun. Sorry for all you new blm folks ; ;
 Gilgamesh.Drkmajik
Server: Gilgamesh
user: krunkj05
By Gilgamesh.Drkmajik 2010-07-11 09:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the big deal, just nuke pet mobs to level blm it's really not that hard and in endgame AMII and Tier4 Mana Wall + Convert Stun Bind Gravity Drain <3 BLM
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 09:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Know what really sucks? Se didn't add any good blm camps. But you know what they did add? A trial on Firesday where everyone and their mother comes out and kills your flans for an hour.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-07-11 09:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Know what really sucks? Se didn't add any good blm camps. But you know what they did add? A trial on Firesday where everyone and their mother comes out and kills your flans for an hour.

lol'd
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 09:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got to where I try to get in the alliance and afk for about 1500 xp
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-07-11 09:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Troll thread? This doesn't seem to have anything to do with endgame, just bitching about "the good old days". I don't see what's so great about them since a BLM will almost always get faster XP either soloing or manaburning once you're past the staves level. There's Vunk Inlet tiger burns you can sync to in the 50s and then tiger burns in Xarc S you can sync to from 61+. You also have MMM for powerful burns ~74+. And pet soloing will outpace pretty much any "normal" party except for birds and a few others.

Normal parties are boring too. You have to sit around waiting for the melees and tank to build up hate, and nuke gently like some Orastery trainee. You have to put up with their inconsistent WS timing which throws off your nuke timing. If you pull hate it's all ">:[ BLM" but when a melee blows his WS wad early and pulls hate it's like "XD cure pls lol". Solo and manaburn you shake what Shantotto gave ya and live on the edge of death. Exciting ***!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Troll thread?

Yeah, pretty much. It was just a joke, I will level my job and keep playing as normal. lol, don't be so serious!!
 Phoenix.Raigne
Server: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-07-11 10:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Starting today, anytime I attend a linkshell event, I am only casting spells you get before level 25, since that is where people stop caring about putting blm in a party.

Totally *** doing this.

No, really. It's the only way I couldn't possibly die, no matter what event it is. No Sleepga = happy Raigne. Sleepga = dead Raigne, and once-again-level-75. -.-
 Unicorn.Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-07-11 11:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Troll thread? This doesn't seem to have anything to do with endgame, just bitching about "the good old days".

Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-11 11:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can make very easy exp as blm if you need in abyssea in an alliance just usually required to do some crown control then youre free to nuke all you like. Last night was only party I got from 75 to 80 blm for the last 5k and 20k buffer in abyssea just because I wanted it done already. I was quite happy to solo what I was soloing the whole way it makes gil too and you can pay minimal attention when soloing.

Anyways yeah abyssea rocks if you need xp as blm easily best xp youre gonna get now outside of smn burn which I dont personally like. I was getting 1895 water 5 on la theine birds, 2400 tornado2 on NM bird magic bursted was quite fun.

Blm should never complain about not doing endgame because of difficulty of getting xp, I have melee jobs too its probably harder to get xp on those before xp in abyssea was known than on blm. You should only stop doing endgame with your shell as blm if your reasons are only regarding the shell. Your ability to get exp in your own time to have 75s or 80s for ls events is your own responsibility w/e the job.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-11 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
That's a good logic. That way you won't be wanted in parties OR in endgame, then all will be right with the world.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My goodness you guys are serious players. It was a joke. I'll solo it out.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-11 12:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew it was supposed to be a joke but there was obviously some feeling there for you to make the thread so I posted what I felt neccessary. It actually gave you a suggestion where to xp if you bothered to read, kinda a reply to you saying there is "NO BLM CAMPS" just not exactly true since finding out about the increasing xp in abyssea.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-07-11 12:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually said no "added" blm camps. I know you can level sync. Abyssea isn't really a good place for solo, and, I am yet to get an alliance for abbysea (prolly try to d that on thf.) I was just out nuking puddings and had some time to kill during firesday and made a joke. I apologize, I shouldn't make jokes on such a serious forum. I am actually 10k from 80 now, so no big deal.
[+]