Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Nyzul Stuff
Nyzul Stuff
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2010-07-08 04:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm a Nyzul N00b, nice to meet ya! I've been wanting to start the climb for a while now, but I really don't know what all is involved. Is there anyone else out there who hasn't started who would be interested in a little adventuring and figuring this all out? I'd like to maybe put together an SP for it. Maybe start around 6:30 EST, since it seems most peoples' LS events don't start til after 8 or so. Not sure what days, we could figure that out once we get some people together and discuss schedules.

I've heard that black mages are bad for Nyzul. Is that true? Wouldn't be a big deal for me to get a different job up for it.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-08 05:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The group I go with is usually rdm/whm/rng/3dd's. Sam works pretty well.

GL.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Server: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-08 05:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're the one making it, BLM should be fine. Hard to argue with the leader. I've gone on a few with a BLM before and there were no problems. Though that pretty much also depends on the other people too.

If you're taking a BLM, I'd say the ideal set up is BLM WHM (I've solo healed many times as WHM/SCH before 80 with out a bard or any support other than all the DDs being /NIN) WAR(something that can tank and deal damage) SAMx2 and a COR.

That's just for the climb, though. For 20, 40, 60, etc you may want to replace either the COR or a SAM with a THF. Though some people swear up and down that TH has no effect on drops there. But I beg to differ.

That said, I wouldn't go through the trouble of leveling another job. Just get BLM to 80 so your support jobs can help with your MP management.
 Cerberus.Lumei
Server: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-08 05:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! I'm actually looking for a group as Im currently stuck at floor 41~ Gimme a tell sometime and we'll discuss things. I can most likely fill two slots as well, a friend has agreed to fill a spot with me if need be.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-08 06:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH WHM BRD DD DD DD

BLU's Blank Gaze is nice for Flayers.

On Boss runs,
DDs and Mages = Fanatic's and Cleric Drinks.
Mages = Dusty Ether and MP Boost items.

Clerics helps with Chariots AoE Petrify etc.

Fanatic's, self explanatory.