SMN Spirit Pacts Spells @lvl80?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN spirit pacts spells @lvl80?
SMN spirit pacts spells @lvl80?
 Phoenix.Vagrua
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Vagrua
By Phoenix.Vagrua 2010-07-06 14:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone capped their summoning magic and tested to see if the spirits got any new spells?
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-07-06 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent , but my 5+ years of SMN expierence says your Wheel Spirits will gain access to Tier 5 spells at the same Level as a BLM . Its possible it may be available sooner , but probly not . Capped Skill isnt required for the SPirit to cast said spell , it just makes it more likely to do so . its generally accepted that Skill 1.)reduces time between Casts of spells 2.) AI used to choose said spells (Tier vs. AM , Enfeebs vs Nooks , Damage vs Enhancing i.e Spikes and En- ) 3.) who or what will be targetted (@ 300 skill i have seen Light Spirit hit my PT with Curaga 4 , but with 315+ i have seen it cast on Out Side PT with-in the Alliance ??!! Same goes for Dark Spirit . @300 it will use drain , but @ 315+ i have seen it use Sleepga 2).
A small added note on this : Your skill is determined by what it was when you summoned said spirit and Swapping gear with a Spirit out , no matter if it raises or lowers your skill numericly will cause you spirits AI to be reset to lowest numbers , sometimes making it not cast at all . so basicly dont swap gear if you are using Spirits .
[+]
 Phoenix.Vagrua
By Phoenix.Vagrua 2010-07-06 14:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

if that's true, then earth spirit should have stone v and water spirit water v, right?

light spirit having protect v and shell v
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-07-06 14:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have my light spirit out atm and it did not give me Protect/Shell V. It gave me Protect/Shell IV.

Edit: I'm level 79 and had 333 Summoning Magic when the spirit was out.
 Phoenix.Vagrua
By Phoenix.Vagrua 2010-07-06 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
I have my light spirit out atm and it did not give me Protect/Shell V. It gave me Protect/Shell IV.

Edit: I'm level 79 and had 333 Summoning Magic when the spirit was out.
sounds like spirits weren't updated with the new spells yet unless anyone else has other results ?
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-06 15:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit SE, I want my pocket BLMs and/or WHMs to be useful!